Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [FEATURED] RasenShuriken: Complete? Almighty? Impractical??

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hyuuga_Mugen's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

[FEATURED] RasenShuriken: Complete? Almighty? Impractical??

I've had a chance to browse through A few of the threads here since I joined and something I noticed even before I joined was that many people in my view underestimate the technique RasenShuriken, and quite what an achievement it is.

A technique only possible with the combined knowledge of wind nature, sage teachings, a hell of a lot of time and a hell of a lot of chakra. Kakashi, even Jiraiya was unable to add Nature to rasengan, then Naruto comes along and does it, then invents a way to throw a dense compacted chakra.

He's able to pull of a technique comparable only to the similar techniques we see from Jinchuuriki in Bijuu mode I.e. Naruto VS Oro, even then with presumably 4/9 of the kyuubis total chakra, it had to be projected from the gut(where chakra resides) for the projectile to have enough force to fly through the air. In the case of Bees full trans, you can see how when there is no extra force provided the technique devolves into more of a beam than a projectile.

So basically I created this thread for those interested to discuss what new developments may come from the already lethal technique. Will it somehow pwn Ameterasu? Could it dent Susano'o? Will Kyuubi mastery add anything to the mix? Does Naruto have the capacity to create a Fuuton: RasenGale? (the narutoverses kamehameha?).

Also feel free to discuss any problems you have with the technique, or how it compliments Narutos moveset as a whole etc.
    "I'm livin' in that 21st Century,
    Doin' somethin' mean to it,
    Doin' better than anybody you'll ever see do it,
    Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,
    I guess every super hero need his theme music"
    Have you got the power to let power go?

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RasenShuriken: Complete? Almighty? Impractical??

I don't think rasenshuriken will be developed even more. it is already complete pwnage. if naruto will be able to advance it even more he may conquer the damn world

I certainly see RS destroying susanoo, since susanoo is made of chakra (like any other jutsu) and RS pretty much destroyes chakra itself. the way i see it is:
    Rasen-shuriken sage mode > Susanoo
    Rasen-shuriken kyuubi mode > Susanoo
    Rasen-shuriken Sage + Kyuubi mode >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Susanoo

the only problem i've got with this tech is that it is only cool and lethal tech in naruto's arsenal. i still hope that naruto will get all those badass wind techs and summons tpoor ol' Danzo had, may he rest in peace.
    Last edited by AlB; June 08, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    I don't think rasenshuriken will be developed even more. it is already complete pwnage. if naruto will be able to advance it even more he may conquer the damn world

I certainly see RS destroying susanoo, since susanoo is made of chakra (like any other jutsu) and RS pretty much destroyes chakra itself. the way i see it is:

the only problem i've got with this tech is that it is only cool and lethal tech in naruto's arsenal. i still hope that naruto will get all those badass wind techs and summons tpoor ol' Danzo had, may he rest in peace.
    Well I think the question is if its strong enough to withstand Sasuke's enton, where as we know he wrapped it around susanoo which may provide a decent resistance to FRS. I don't think it is 100% complete yet. It is pretty damn powerful but I expect a 100% version to take every dreg of Naruto's chakra and be at least twice as large and the destructive capability completely unavoidable. :P It just hasn't been put in enough of an epic setting yet. So I imagine Naruto will develop it more.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Well I think the question is if its strong enough to withstand Sasuke's enton, where as we know he wrapped it around susanoo which may provide a decent resistance to FRS. I don't think it is 100% complete yet. It is pretty damn powerful but I expect a 100% version to take every dreg of Naruto's chakra and be at least twice as large and the destructive capability completely unavoidable. :P It just hasn't been put in enough of an epic setting yet. So I imagine Naruto will develop it more.
    But the Raikage hit Sasuke even with the Enton protect him, The Raikage even broke Susanoo´s bones.. Of course that Susanoo was still incomplete..

If Sasuke for some reason gets the Susanoo of Itachi with his new eyes with the Yamata shield, I dont think that the FRS would be able to impact.. That Susanoo absorbed the Kirin from Sasuke wich is the Ultimate Raiton Technique..

Maybe the FRS mixed with the Kyubi chakra..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's Susanoo was an unstoppable attack and absolute defense. If a bolt of lightning can't crack it, nothing can. That said, we've seen Sasuke's incomplete Susanoo get penetrated by acid mist and a lightning-infused bitch-slap.

That said; Wind is subordinate to Fire in the chakra relational wheel. Against a fire technique of similiar level, the shuriken just super-powers the enemy's fire technique and comes back at Naruto.

Naruto Rasenshuriken vs Sasuke's ____ could go either way. It depends on how Kishi wants to write it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tengu24's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

rofl, (sage)FRS knocked back the Kyuubi, which is off course evidence that this technique being carried out in sage mode is extremely powerful! and comparing kirin with (sage) FRS is peanuts and Oranges..IMO (sage) FRS >>>>>Kirin.
    When mixed with the kyuubi chakra as stated above( if carried out) the damage output would be so huge that Susano crawls back in sasuke nostrels..

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    You know the FRS doesn't actually destroys chakra. It does damage at the cellular level. So as far as shown, The FRS doesn't have any edge over Susanoo.

Anyway, It's believable that once the training with the Kyuubi is complete, Naruto will somehow manage to apply it to the FRS. That's his mode of operation.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he develops a fighting style around it. It seems its a very chakra and time demanding technique that has its risks. So what if he were able to catch the rasenshuriken (after it was first thrown) with a clone and it could throw it back. This way, people wouldnt dodge it as much, or would have a harder time. The rasenshuriken is very powerful but consuming and has risks against Naruto. Plus somebody fast enough could dodge it provided they aren't distracted by clones.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

By develop I didn't exactly mean change the fundamental structure of RasenShuriken, just if we will see more evolutions like RasenShuriken is basically An Oodama Fuuton: Rasengan. Maybe I should have put that as the topic name, oh well.

Tbh I'm quite skeptical to the thought of any of sasukes current arsenal standing up to the brutality of RS. I believe it's when we see how his EMS augments his jutsu that we will see a defence or possible counter to it. His Susano'o atm has no "mystical" armor or weapons so for the time being it may aswell be a constant kaiten. Amaterasu however holds some possibilities as I'm unsure of it's rank but I'm sure nobody would like an InfernoRasenShuriken flying back in your face. Sasukes EMS could also provide him with something comparable to Kakashis Kamui, in which case RS would come up fail every time..

@Tengu24: Remember FRS, though incomplete and without sage chakra, still left Kakuzu with one heart beating, and since it was at close range let's ignore the fact that it was without sage chakra. With that being said Kirin> FRS still as it's 2 words Instant Death(I'm pretty sure even Raikage couldn't counter that move as many people overlook it also uses Natural energy aka sage chakra). FRS still takes time to hit and in the time it does damage, someone like Madara might be able to escape injured but alive.

I'm hoping that naruto creates a more subtle version of rasengan, call it a trap version if you will, which retains the transparancy of wind and stays in a constant location but on contact does damage on the same scale as a RS but on a localized area. Advantages would be that it uses less chakra, it can be used at long range and would be able to catch an enemy by suprize, a theme that runs true to Naruto himself . As for a name, I dunno... RasenWisp? something along those lines. Or you could take it to a different level and say what if he developed a wind version of Zabuzas water prison jutsu, slicing up foes who dare to escape.
    Last edited by Hyuuga_Mugen; June 08, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga_Mugen
    Tbh I'm quite skeptical to the thought of any of sasukes current arsenal standing up to the brutality of RS. I believe it's when we see how his EMS augments his jutsu that we will see a defence or possible counter to it. His Susano'o atm has no "mystical" armor or weapons so for the time being it may aswell be a constant kaiten. Amaterasu however holds some possibilities as I'm unsure of it's rank but I'm sure nobody would like an InfernoRasenShuriken flying back in your face. Sasukes EMS could also provide him with something comparable to Kakashis Kamui, in which case RS would come up fail every time..

Amaterasu isn't just a near auto-hit flame. It has concussive force, proven as it pushed back Gaara's sand. Add to that that it's both S rank AND super-katon, and it's easy to see it overcoming the FRS quite easily. Launching an Amaterasu at an FRS would cause the FRS to make the Amaterasu stronger exponentially aswell as send it back at Naruto. Even in the highly unlikely chance that it continues toward Sasuke, you forget that Sasuke has the power to turn off his Amaterasu at any time. This saves him from any danger at all.

It's also important to remember that after 2 uses of FRS, Naruto's Sage Mode is spent and he becomes tired.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Itachi's Susanoo was an unstoppable attack and absolute defense. If a bolt of lightning can't crack it, nothing can.
    Do not forget that Danzou penetrated Sauske's completed Susanoo with no more than his animal summon and a wind jutsu. I'm thinking that FRS would be orders of magnitude more powerful than Danzou's combination attack.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ninjabot: Well if Amaterasu is definately S-Rank FRS could still override it, as it has been stated that FRS is a jutsu beyond S-Rank. In terms of Narutos stamina with FRS, Sasuke drops a brain everytime he uses Amaterasu, which will likely be remedied by EMS as Narutos current shortcomings will be overcome by Kyuubi mastery.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Do not forget that Danzou penetrated Sauske's completed Susanoo with no more than his animal summon and a wind jutsu. I'm thinking that FRS would be orders of magnitude more powerful than Danzou's combination attack.
    Sasuke complete Susanoo has yet to be penetrated http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/484/09/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga_Mugen
    @Ninjabot: Well if Amaterasu is definately S-Rank FRS could still override it, as it has been stated that FRS is a jutsu beyond S-Rank. In terms of Narutos stamina with FRS, Sasuke drops a brain everytime he uses Amaterasu, which will likely be remedied by EMS as Narutos current shortcomings will be overcome by Kyuubi mastery.
    Even if it's stronger than Amaterasu, which I sincerely doubt, Amaterasu has the elemental advantage. It'd have to be far, FAR stronger than Sasuke's Amaterasu to make up for that weakness. Also, Sasuke hasn't had a migraine from using an Amaterasu since he fought Killerbee. He used multiple on the Kage Summit and just lost blood. I'm sure it hurt, but not at a level that it enfeebled him enough to be considered a weakness.

And I sincerely think the Kyuubi mastery won't be that significant of a boost against someone who has shown the ability to disperse the kyuubi's chakra already. It may be more difficult than usual, but remember: Naruto could already control a portion of the Kyuubi's chakra back when Sasuke canceled out the Kyuubi's chakra. His kyuubi mastery didn't help him back then, and Sasuke didn't even have an MS yet.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    But the Raikage hit Sasuke even with the Enton protect him, The Raikage even broke Susanoo´s bones.. Of course that Susanoo was still incomplete..

If Sasuke for some reason gets the Susanoo of Itachi with his new eyes with the Yamata shield, I dont think that the FRS would be able to impact.. That Susanoo absorbed the Kirin from Sasuke wich is the Ultimate Raiton Technique..

Maybe the FRS mixed with the Kyubi chakra..
    I'm quite certain that when Sasuke used Kirin on Itachi he blocked it with only his partially released Susanoo.

We've been shown several times that Susanoo is able to be broken down, by Mizukage and Danzou - I'm sure that, unless Sasuke received the mirror from Itachi, Fuuton: Rasen Shurken might have what it takes to bust Susanoo wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot
    I sincerely think the Kyuubi mastery won't be that significant of a boost against someone who has shown the ability to disperse the kyuubi's chakra already. It may be more difficult than usual, but remember: Naruto could already control a portion of the Kyuubi's chakra back when Sasuke canceled out the Kyuubi's chakra. His kyuubi mastery didn't help him back then, and Sasuke didn't even have an MS yet.
    At the time, Naruto was suppressing Kyuubi of his own will, when Sasuke "dispersed" the physical accumulation of Kyuubi in Naruto's mind. This is a fact, it cannot really be refuted.

Naruto's partial Kyuubi mastery? Naruto never had any real mastery over Kyuubi. The only time we've even seen glimpses of this being the case is when Naruto was in a 0-tail state with Kyuubi influence. Which in itself was risky as it gave Kyuubi a gateway. Before the training Naruto is currently undergoing he had very little to no control over Kyuubi what so ever.

Once Naruto controls Kyuubi it's not like someone will just be able to pop in his head and snap control of Kyuubi away from Naruto. There will very likely be a power struggle, a wrestle for control of Kyuubi.

Conclusion: It's not certain at this point that Sasuke will be able to suppress Kyuubi once Naruto is able to control it.
    Last edited by Naruto_Rasengan; June 08, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast