Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

I just saw Kick-Ass, and it indeed was an awesome film. As I read from somewhere online before seeing it; It's like a bastard from Kill Bill's and Spidermans one-night-stand.

Extremly brutal and sick, lot of blood, mentally ill old man going on a revenge frenzy, a brainwashed little girl slaughtering myriad of mafia guys, naive nerd wearing a scubasuit beaten to the pulp. And I laughed my ass off. Made me feel dirty a bit, but it just was so damn hilarious. Though it was cool and very visual, there was depth to it too and wasn't as superficial as I thought it would be.

As a sidenote, I think I have quite good idea now what mean with 'serious humor' in Bakuman. If I'm not totally disguided.

I could also give thought on the Oscars, since I were busy when those were current. Avatar got the Oscars it deserved, it was indeed visually phenomenal and technically great, but otherwise damn lame. Can't belieave Cameron really spent those years working on such a rip-off story. Haven't seen Hurt Locker yet, though I just bought it. But based on what I've heard, it's a fine film, but not that good. I'll post my own opinion after I watch it. 2009 wasn't particulary interesting film year in my opinion. Actually the only was I thought off as really great were Basterds (Kinda reminded Kick-Ass to certain extent) and Up. Waltz really deserved his Oscar. Up was fun and I just love the set-up, cranky old geezer flying of with his house, which is lifted with balloons.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I just saw Kick-Ass, and it indeed was an awesome film. As I read from somewhere online before seeing it; It's like a bastard from Kill Bill's and Spidermans one-night-stand.

Extremly brutal and sick, lot of blood, mentally ill old man going on a revenge frenzy, a brainwashed little girl slaughtering myriad of mafia guys, naive nerd wearing a scubasuit beaten to the pulp. And I laughed my ass off. Made me feel dirty a bit, but it just was so damn hilarious. Though it was cool and very visual, there was depth to it too and wasn't as superficial as I thought it would be....
    Just got back from seeing Kick-Ass too and I have to agree with your views. Hit Girl is my idol; she's amazingly cool. Katie is hooooot OMFG!!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, Kick-Ass was definitely kick-ass; though I did see Shutter Island the day after, and it sort of paled in comparison, then again you really can't compare the two now can you?

Just saw The Losers today, and The Losers is definitely a winner!

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Paperman View Post
    Agreed, Kick-Ass was definitely kick-ass; though I did see Shutter Island the day after, and it sort of paled in comparison, then again you really can't compare the two now can you?

Just saw The Losers today, and The Losers is definitely a winner!
    Damn it, I knew there was a movie I was forgetting. You say it's a winner, but rate it out of 10. And after a long wait, Iron Man 2 is out next week.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

About 8 imo. It's a fun movie, even if it gets cheesy at times, all great action movies need the cheese to be truly awesome!

I'm already prepping myself for Iron Man 2. Gonna wait in line the day it gets released!

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about waiting in line to see it, but I'll definetly watch it on the day it's out. I'm also anticipating Ridley Scott's version of Robin Hood which reunited him one of my favourite actors; Russel Crowe, that's out in May, but I don't know exactly what day.

Here are the release dats for Iron Man 2:

April 29, 2010
    (Australia)
    02010-04-30 April 30, 2010
    (United Kingdom)
    02010-05-07 May 7, 2010
    (United States)

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

April 30 here in The Philippines.

re:Robinhood- Crowe and Blanchett are awesome and everything, but I just don't get why they don't use English actors to play English people??? I mean there are tons of great British actors that could have easily been casted for the role.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's quite true. It's becoming quite a trend even in Hollywood; using English/Australians to play Americans and Americans to play English people. I personally don't mind as long as the actor does the role justice and I don't doubt for a second that they are of that nationality.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, the summer seems to be quite interesting moviewise - Ironman 2, Robin Hood, Avatar The Last Airbender (yeah lol), Prince of Percia. Not quite master pieces I predict, but entertaining films. Most interested, if Ridley Scott can bring new life to such worn out story. And the new Shrek too, wonder if it can save the series name after the horrible third one, two first ones were quite fun after all.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't mention Shrek the third, argh

Also can't wait for Ironman 2. In PL the date of premiere is 30.04.2010, so it seems the same as UK <yeah, they know its sth BIG which gives them money so therefore they speed up the process in such cases in PL :x> Still, its good xP
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually going to boycott "M. Night ShamaLOL's The Last Airbender" for obvious reasons... That man hasn't made a decent movie since 6th sense, and now he's spreading his stench to a great Nickelodeon franchise.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rei Ayanami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to Inception.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Rei
    Ditto. I need some gravitationally distorted JGL vs. Leo fights in my life.

I watched the Vengeance Trilogy over the course of the last few days. Oddly enough, I rank them in the order I saw them: 1) Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, 2) Old Boy (it might not have helped that I saw Sympathy before this, as it resulted in my watching Old Boy with a proper set of expectations), and 3) Lady Vengeance. They're all quite good. The latter two are stronger in regards to artistic value, while I consider the first as the best in regards to structure and impact.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

re: Old boy- Little fun trivia. The panning hallway scene was done in one take, one try.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Gawd, seen like, tons of movies lately. For example Smokin' Aces and Wall Street...

Smokin' Aces was brilliant. It was almost like a Guy Richie movie. Brilliant and artistic made. Also, I loved Ryan Reynolds & Jeremy Piven's acting.

Wall Street was a movie I really enjoyed watching, throughout the two hours. Really didn't feel like it was two hours, time flew by. It was brilliantly portrayed and Michael Douglas was incredibly trustworthy as Mr. Gecko. (Pretty fun to see a young John C. McGinley & Charlie Sheen for a change)
    Looking forward to Wall Street - Money never sleeps
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Thread Closed
Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast