Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Terminal? that was a good movie.
    I didn't see it. Aside from The Ladykillers (which I fell asleep during), I'm not sure I've seen a Tom Hanks movie since Cast Away.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

X-Men Days of Future Past:

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Captain America 2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past both look promising. Waiting for the "Amazing Spiderman 2" trailer next.

Thanks again for the post, goldb.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget all of these blockbuster superhero movies :

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from the trailer spoiling the whole movie, why did it take them soooo long to make a movie from one of the most famous toys of the world!?

Saw Michelangelo inbetween the forum scene, I hope he get's more than that little cameo.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watched 12 years a slave yet?

It's going to be ages before its released here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Desolation of Smaug looks pretty good! The Hobbit was a great movie as it was, so if the sequel is any better, minds will be blown.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you see me is such an amazing movie. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Morgan Freeman was faultless as usual, and the dude from The Social Network was just as good. His voice is just made to play witty sharp mouthed characters. I don't think there are very many people in Hollywood that can do douchebaggery like he can. The hulk did a pretty good job in this too.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it..and even if you have, see it again
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Now you see me is such an amazing movie. Can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Morgan Freeman was faultless as usual, and the dude from The Social Network was just as good. His voice is just made to play witty sharp mouthed characters. I don't think there are very many people in Hollywood that can do douchebaggery like he can. The hulk did a pretty good job in this too.

Anyway, it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't already seen it..and even if you have, see it again
    Agreed.

I saw Thor 2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 on wednesday. While I'd never seen the first installment, the movie did an amazing job to summarise it, whilst also maintaining the fun start to the film and also kept it brief. The movie itself, I'd say is pretty straight forward, as you'd expect from an animation aimed at a younger audience. It does though, not lack or let down in its humour, soundtrack and music, characters and numerous, numerous food puns. I would've gladly gone to see the film for the puns alone. Glorious stuff, and brilliant how creative the names, and foodimals( food+animals) designs were.

Thor: Dark World was for me, better than the first. Before the movie was released, I'd heard that the Loki character had been given more scenes in the film than originally planned and how wonderful that made it. Tom Hiddlestone is simply brilliant as Loki. The comedy from the first movie carries over to this one too and there's many gags and references about the Avengers and the New York incident.

The disappointing part for me is that there seemed to be a lot of talk, though for good reasons, but it seemed excessive at times, and would rather have had it replaced with some more action scenes. I do not like Natalie Portman or her character. The moment she appears on screen, everything goes tits up.
    Also I would've liked for the Warriors Three and Sith to have had a bigger part in the film; it seems even less than what they had in the first. Heimdall got more screen time though.

Action was never going to be a problem, with the final fight sequence reminded me a bit of the one from Man of Steel. If you've seen both, you'll know what I mean.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw Riddick, mediocre but entertaining to watch, clearly limited by budged as it seems or it was all wasted
    Spoiler show
    but seeing Diesel put so much into the movie I still enjoyed it.

The Wolverine was similar, but Logan being
    Spoiler show

Didn't expect We're the Millers to be any good, but it was probably the most entertaining of the three, but those body short with Aniston stripping in her movies are too much. Yeah we already got that you are a 40somthing year old woman with a fit body.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post

Really? I found it very cheesy. I had to struggle through it. The smug Freeman monologues became a running joke for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Now You See Me's first three quarters were decent. I found it really entertaining until the last quarter. And that plot twist was just uninspired and meh.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

How was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2? The first one was pretty good.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Jack Reacher today and I must say this movie was really good. It's an action thriller in the seventies style. No superfluous action scenes with an unbelievable amount of gun shots, bombed cars and impossible car chases. A decenty storytelling movie with great acting of Tom Cruise and Rosamund Pike

An unexpected nice surprise and I hope that Jack Reacher will get a sequel
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Didn't expect We're the Millers to be any good, but it was probably the most entertaining of the three, but those body short with Aniston stripping in her movies are too much. Yeah we already got that you are a 40somthing year old woman with a fit body.
    I felt the exact same way. Seeing the trailer for that movie I didn't think I'd ever want to see it, but then my GF said it was actually pretty funny. And although it was nothing very special (and I'll probably forget about it pretty quickly) it did have some funny moments. But Jennifer Aniston should just be allowed to act in a decent movie without taking her clothes off (I felt the same way with Horrible Bosses). In general, I like her acting a lot more recently than I used to, so it's a shame she seems to only get cast in "hot middle-age woman" roles.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    An unexpected nice surprise and I hope that Jack Reacher will get a sequel
    I heard that movie flopped in the US (grossing $80m or so), but then cashed in another like $150 million internationally. It's hard to say in those cases whether international success is enough to spawn a sequel or if they're too afraid even less Americans will go see the second one...

Thread Closed
Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast