Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 27 of 133 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

I watched the town today. Great movie about some people from the charlestown neighbourhood who are doing some robberies. It's kinda to cool to see that Ben Affleck is a good actor and he is also a good director. Kinda sad that stupid movies like Armageddon, Pearl Harbor,... wasted his talent
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i liked armageddon meh.

but i agree The Town is amazing ...you seen his other film he directed Gone Baby Gone that was brill..he reminds of Clint Eastwood does good films then directs amazing films.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched "how to train your dragon". I really liked it, the plot was nice and the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless was very refreshing. Decent humor and great ending.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw Tron Legacy with my friends earlier, and I found it to be very entertaining. It's not a movie everyone would love (since two of my friends actually fell asleep), but it's one of those movies that you have to see at least once in your lifetime (just like Avatar and The Matrix). 10/10

Kuronekooo~!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week i saw Skyline when i was high as shit and the Alien effects were awesome kinda reminded me of Starcraft but the plot end of the story was not up to par

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw Tron Legacy today..im glad im not here writting how rubbish it is like i wanted to do after watching Pocahuntas in space ( Avatar) .

very enjoyable and the Daft Punk soundtrack fits perfect .

it not for everybody either like it or hate it..but me i love it..

(plus oliva wilde )

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kusachu's Avatar
    Sasuke doesn't kill people, they fight him and then kill themselves.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw The Fighter. I liked it. Another solid movie for Marky Mark! Personally though, I think that the guy who played Dicky gave the better representation of character. Not the most action packed awesome movie in the universe, but as far as telling a true story about a guy most of us wouldn't know anything about, it did a good job. And I'm told the fights were genuine and they took a lot of care to do them right, including pausing production because people had broken faces.

"A" for effort I think. Worth the ticket.

[TiDhA.info]
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen quite a few movies lately so I figured I'd stop by to talk about them

First off I recently saw Tron Legacy and had to say I thoroughly enjoyed that. Even though it was PG and I had never seen the first Tron, I loved the action and the imagery of the Tron world that was created. Its a very wonderful movie visually and really action packed. Plus after seeing Jeff Bridges in Iron Man as Obadiah he has become one of my favorite actors.

As for Jeff Bridges, I also saw True Grit. I normally am not a Western fan but I liked the lineup of actors this movie had in it so I figured I'd go see it, plus Jeff Bridges was a must . Overall I have to say the movie delivered. It was pretty comical at times and had just enough gun blazing action to make me enjoy it. It was emotional in parts and the witty humor really made me happy. I also recommend seeing it.

Lastly I just saw Black Swan today and my leaving statement was HOLY CRAP. It was absolutely a great movie. Not a fan of ballet but the psychological thriller aspect of this movie amazed me. Its probably second in my book to Inception for movies that I've seen that made me go wtf and really had me thinking when I left the movie. Its not as developed as Inception but there is that element of shattering reality which I really loved. If your old enough and can handle a few rated R scenes then this movie is another must see.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay thanks for the reviews guys. I wanna watch Black Swan and the Fighter and Tron from all your posts...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also saw True Grit and Black Swan over the holidays. Both good. Didn't feel ripped off at all. As far as Black Swan goes, I wasn't as blown away by it as everyone else, but I had never even heard about it until my man forced me to go (he's in love with Mila Kunis). It was good, don't get me wrong, but I found Portman to be annoying as f*** throughout, but I expect that was sort of what they were going for? I don't know, there's just something about fearful uptight women that gets on my nerves, which took away from enjoyment for me. The ending was great though. Beautiful performance. Wished the whole movie was more that and less twitchy woman/child, but erm, maybe that's the point? Also, only Mulholland Drive has creepier masturbation for those that are interested in that aspect.

True Grit was good. A solid movie and my man swears that it's actually better than the original, which he watched the other day. I saw parts of it and comparatively, I liked the little girl in the new one, and really couldn't stand her in the original. Matt Damon got on my nerves badly in the remake. I wish he wasn't in it. Other than that it was fine. There was something slow about it, but it wasn't enough for me to lose interest. Actually, the little girl was probably my favorite part of the remake. She played her part well.

OH! Omg. I watched Percy Jackson on HBO the other night and IT SUCKED! I've never seen such an emotionally vacant piece of crap! I fell asleep out of sheer boredom at the start of the journey! Barf. Not finishing that one. I'm not even compelled to try and list all the ways in which it sucked so bad as to make me boycott half way through.

[TiDhA.info]
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Percy Jackson indeed was horrible. They killed the originality and the impact of the story. Clash of the Titans was no different either. I only watched it because of Sam.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WhatWhatinthebutt's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw Love and Other Drugs. I would like to say that it was completely disappointed not what I was expecting based on the initial trailers... it was a romance lovey-dubby story that I would rather not watch again... for any reason, not even for Harthway's naked scenes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

A Walk to Remember made me cry in the movies even though I don't want to cry back then.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I also just watched Black Swan.

It was so-so. Yeah I get it, so then...? I think I share Kusachu's view in that the whole movie ought to have been made as like the ending scenes were. That would have made it more impressive. The way the movie was played out was sort of- muted, like not quite there.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I also just watched Black Swan.

It was so-so. Yeah I get it, so then...? I think I share Kusachu's view in that the whole movie ought to have been made as like the ending scenes were. That would have made it more impressive. The way the movie was played out was sort of- muted, like not quite there.
    I sort of got the impression the movie was somehow made for guys. Even though it was all girly and such...I mean, the only reason *I* went to see it was because my man wanted to see the lez action with his favorite fantasy girl. He would certainly never be so adamant about going to see a movie about Ballet if the girl on girl aspect wasn't there, I'm sure.

[TiDhA.info]

New Reply
Page 27 of 133 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast