Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Damn, Ust, that set is awesome. I consider Pale Man (is this how he/she's officially called?) as one of the most amazing imaginary creature I have seen in movies, tho I'm not sure if it's a del Toro original.

Those movies you mentioned have endings where you'll like "WUT??!" then go think about what really happened for the next couple of hours.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I SAW TINTIN YESTERDAY!!!

First of all I found out that it's been out since Monday, which is 2 days earlier than I had expected but nevertheless, I wasn't so upset and joined the long ass queue of people to get my ticket.

As for the movie itself, it is awesome. I may sound biased in my view about this and I must admit that there were a lot of moments where I was in reminiscent mode but the plot, animation, fight scenes, characters were just so brilliantly done that I'd watch a couple more times before getting bored.

Just to let you guys know, YOU WILL LOOOOOOOOOOVE CAPTAIN HADDOCK; if by some weird reason you find the movie to be mediocre, he will make you love it, He's so brilliantly portrayed and everything that comes out of his mouth is quotable and hilarious.

This film is my modern day Lord of the Rings; the kinda movie I won't ever get tired of watching. I can't wait for the next 2 parts. 9/10

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I loved Pan's labyrinth too!

That pale man scene had me screaming the e.n.t.i.r.e. time! And I loved the ambiguity as well. Faun was a somewhat affably evil character, and he was designed so effectively I supposed. Because I wanted to hate him but he was too mysterious to hate. lol.

and I didn't know Tintin was planned for three parts. Koen never mentioned anything about that...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    and I didn't know Tintin was planned for three parts. Koen never mentioned anything about that...
    Yeah, Spielberg and Jackson have exclaimed an interested in a trilogy ever since they got the go-ahead for the first one. Since the production of the recent movie Spielberg and Jackson have said that Spielberg directs this first one with Jackson as producer and assistant director, and vice versa on the second one. Maybe they'll both direct the third, haven't read anything about that. x)

I did read this about Tintin 2, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire Magazine
    The script, or at least one of the drafts, comes from author Anthony Horowitz, who was hired last year to develop a story based on an amalgam of two adventures: Prisoners Of The Sun and The Seven Crystal Balls. The finished product will likely be called The Adventures Of Tintin: Prisoners Of The Sun and find the boy reporter and Captain Haddock investigating the spread of a mysterious illness that befalls explorers who dared to violate a scared Incan tomb.
    The thing is, Peter Jackson has a couple of other.. rather big projects coming up. What were they called... something hobo... The Hobbit! Part 1 is still in production, and I'd guess part 2 will be following closely behind (since its set release date is December 2013, one year after part 1). In any case, if Jackson really is going to direct Prisoners Of The Sun, it'll probably not be until production on The Hobbit Part 2 is over. Meaning we'll have to wait a damn while for the Tintin sequel..

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Captain America yesterday. Okay movie I guess, did not excite me much. Seeing the skinny/smaller Evans was strange. Part 2 is rumored for a release in 2014. That's really....far.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius
    I really love that type of endings. Pan' Labyrinth, Memento, Inception, Fight Club. Black Swan in some sense, though it isn't really that mysterious. Have you seen El Orfanato? It isn't quite as good as the previously mentioned, but still imho worth a watch.
    Watched it xD Though I will be frank here: Labirynth I liked more, muuuuch more <don't saying I didn't like Orphanage or it was a bad movie, no no, but Labyrinth.. well, everything was just awesome: climate, grotesque, brutal<!>, and giving fairy tale stuff there in awesome written script = priceless for me.

@goldb, its nice to see freindly mini review from here When polish portal <the most famous one which I always use for my movie database and info/news> made a 'first polish review' it was also emphasizing how good the movie is BUT the review itself was lame, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized
    Yeah, Spielberg and Jackson have exclaimed an interested in a trilogy ever since they got the go-ahead for the first one. Since the production of the recent movie Spielberg and Jackson have said that Spielberg directs this first one with Jackson as producer and assistant director, and vice versa on the second one. Maybe they'll both direct the third, haven't read anything about that. x)
    Yes, you're right, and the third movie they will direct BOTH xD

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized
    The thing is, Peter Jackson has a couple of other.. rather big projects coming up. What were they called... something hobo... The Hobbit! Part 1 is still in production, and I'd guess part 2 will be following closely behind (since its set release date is December 2013, one year after part 1). In any case, if Jackson really is going to direct Prisoners Of The Sun, it'll probably not be until production on The Hobbit Part 2 is over. Meaning we'll have to wait a damn while for the Tintin sequel..
    Jackson himself said that only AFTER Hobbit he will do Tintin 2, its confirmed.. either way: studio didn't yet said if there will be Tintin 2 because they want to wait for boxoffice thingy, lol, BUT they said to Jackson & Spielberg to gather their ideas already.

@thornofcarrion, I think 3 years isn't that long if you look that Marvel each year seems delivering AT LEASt one superhero movie: 2012 = THE freakin' Avengers <guys, what your thoughts are?>, Spider-man, 2013 = Iron man, somewhere Thor, etc.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Iron Man was really good. The Incredible Hulk was good. Iron Man 2 was good. Thor was good. Captain America was pretty good.

What I like about Marvel is that they leave little "easter eggs" and references for the fans in the movies that many people might miss (which I guess is the reason many people give the movies bad ratings). But Marvel's movies are really for their fans. The way all the different movies tie in to each other and the tons of in-jokes and references make me like them more than if they'd just been individual movies. Even though I was much more impressed by, say, Nolan's Batman movies, the way all these Marvel movies are building up to The Avengers has made me just as hyped about that as The Dark Knight Rises.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta agree. The late Marvel films have been so much fun. Exciting adventures, cool action, and funny to boot. The references and little fanservice details add to the entertainment value. Sure, no eternally knowledged masterpieces of art. Not as impressive as some other comic films (Nolan, V for Vendetta), but I wouldn't call them bad. Good when you are in the mood for some lighter entertainment, works well when watching with a group of friends and having fun. And the build up they have managed to create for Avengers... damn. I'm really currently more interest in that than the new Batman.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Organizized, couldn't agree more. Though everyone is based and all, I'm a comic book fan so it makes me even happier to have sth which I can smile on because it was made especially for fans. Those kind of things are priceless for such fans. And the way Marvel was able to pull what he pulled in the comics, to made their 'universe' of superheroes into a movie universe superheroes is just.. fantastic <ok, ok, not everything went their way like the Hulk actors being either not interested or wanting too much money but still.. who cares as mostly all other titles they pulled of nicely <and the Hulk is cgi made, whatever xd> I think The Avengers will have NICE boxoffice not only USA.. but worldwide.

And recently I posted on pl board and I will post my prediction for 'reboot' of Spidey films: the way I see it - Marvel with the new start can build Spidey universe into his movie/comic universe with - I don't know - like the famous scene after the credits with Nick Fury making appointment to Spidey to join Avengers or sth, and The Avengers 2 may future Spidey in the gang as well. The way I see it - Raimi pulled completely Spidey movies 'out' of this idea <of course, if he would do nr4 Spidey movie such scene could prospel as well but lets be fair here.. Tobey was money breaker, by doing reboot with actor who will don't give shit <at least for now> about money and that he is not so popular <yet> gives less money to him and producers and others big bosses are happy> and can play in The Avengers next movie. Afterall, Spidey is the most popular character of Marvel comics <alongside Wolverine <3 >, I don't think they will keep him 'out' of the universe with this reboot now.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Iron Man 1 was very good, Iron Man 2 was crapppp, it was awful, ughn!

Hulk 1 (Hulk) was extremely good (If you're a science nerd like me, it's an interesting concept with the energy, the Hulk's stable infinite energy absorption and his father's unstable infinite energy absorption), but Hulk 2 (The Incredible Hulk) was... CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!

Captain America was.. poor-decent (between awful and average) at best.

Pan's Labrynth was... maybe average at best - if my memory serves.... though I can't remember it too well... sighs... so maybe I actually liked it a bit better than I am remembering liking it (well not liking it I mean).

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

My theory on Inception's plot:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; October 29, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I have watched Tintin already twice. One time in 2-D and another time in 3-D.

I loved it A LOT. You have to know that tintin comics don't easily lean towards an animation/movie adaptation. Spielberg and his screenplay directors did a very great job. Proof: integrate an unrelated comic for the haddock - tintin meeting in two other comics. The story, the characters were all great. It felt like reading tintin: the moral preacher, perfectionist tintin; his opposing side, the chaotic, negative, careless haddock; snowy, they were all

The world was drawn with very beatiful details as the characters too. The pace was perfect and the movie never bores. The baggar chase, the crane fight in the port is the momentum which every adventure movie can be jealous about.

I want the seven cristall balls and prisoners of the sun next. My most favourite story, make it dark though

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Oh and adding: the transitions were awesome too. Going from present to the the history, going from a boat in the ocean back to the town, etc... Those transitions were remarkably, artistically well done
    Last edited by Koen; October 29, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You're good at advertizing.^^

Seen Melancholia, was weird and exciting, hadn't read any previews, so the content was a bit startling. Good cast and performance anyway. Next one was The Conspirator with McAvoy, got to love him and most of his films. Ending was predictable, but fine anyway. Unthinkable with Samuel L was meh, just not a fan of turture, Michael Sheen and Carrie-Anne Moss did round up the cast though. Last one is The Change-Up, did laugh a lot, Ryans offensive character was vexing at times, but made it up with a nice plot with a touch of those 80/90s curse movies.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Two words:

CAPTAIN HADDOCK!

Man, Tintin was awesome! Definitely in my top 5 this year so far. And speaking of movie intros (a while back), this movie had one of the best title sequences I've seen in ages. I was literally jumping up and down, squealing in nostalgic joy in my seat.

I don't want to wait another like three years for the next one! I want it naaaooooo!

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Late, just watched Green Lantern. Comparing with some other similar movies, it was a decent watch. Ryan fitted the role and the graphics were acceptable too. Some fine humor too. Overall, I was not bored till the end.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? I was soooo looking forward to that movie( Green Lantern is my favourite DC hero) and when I saw it, it wasn't the best thing I'd seen and I wasn't really impressed. It'd take a lot to make me watch it again. The story was just lacking and some of the performances weren't all that either. The casting of Ryan Reynolds was always going to be a big issue but I didn't think he was bad but as always I'd prefer if they didn't choose someone as famous as him to play comic book character, but I've been wrong before( Christian Bale, Chris Evans).

Thread Closed
Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast