Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Gree Lantern had a good development ("setting the scene"), and that's all it was, development ("setting the scene"), as can be seen by them trying to cram the plot and climax into it, which was horrible obviously. They should have made it into two movies. Put all the plot, story, confrontation, and climax with the bad guy in the second movie, instead of trying to cram it into the first movie, that develops the Green Lantern setting, for those who didn't know it (this was done very well).

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I just saw Outlander movie on tv, as it was shown in the theatres in Europe but only extremely limitedly in the U.S. (none near where I live, so I never was able to see it in theatre).

I think it was probably one of the best done "Beowulf" stories.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 08, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Beowulf...I know it isn't totally based on the Epic Poem, but The 13th Warrior is one of my guilty pleasures

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch The 13th Warrior a lot like 5-6 years ago. It was the only movie we had at our summer house where there wasn't much to do.. And still, all I remember is how Antonia Banderas learns how to speak Swedish just by listening. And there were some creatures who killed people and stuff... I should probably watch it again.

Or not, if I remember correctly when it comes to the actual quality of it. But hey, my guilty pleasure is Xena, so I'm not judging..

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Speaking of Beowulf...I know it isn't totally based on the Epic Poem, but The 13th Warrior is one of my guilty pleasures
    Concurs, 13th Warrior was very awesome for me too!

13th Warrior and Outlander = excellent "Beowulf" movies!

---------------------------------------

?Beowulf? (with the golden glazed Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mother) and ?Beowulf? (that 3D animated one)

= Awful "Beowulf" movies!

--------------------

13th Warrior, to me, is quite "Beowulf'ish", it does nearly follow the Beowulf story and its elements. Though it is a direct movie creation of Michael Crighton's book, Eaters of the Dead, though this too is based upon Beowulf (it's very much "Beowulf'ish") .
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 08, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    I used to watch The 13th Warrior a lot like 5-6 years ago. It was the only movie we had at our summer house where there wasn't much to do.. And still, all I remember is how Antonia Banderas learns how to speak Swedish just by listening. And there were some creatures who killed people and stuff... I should probably watch it again.
    The quality holds up. Despite being a flop, and not being well-liked by critics, the special effects are good, probably because the budget was rather high....hence it being flop

I don't think they need to be THAT great really with that movie anyways, considering ...

Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of Xena.... here's a plug for Claymore, hehe:

(Beware: Spoilerish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lV2dzjY9E

I used to watch The 13th Warrior a lot like 5-6 years ago. It was the only movie we had at our summer house where there wasn't much to do.. And still, all I remember is how Antonia Banderas learns how to speak Swedish just by listening. And there were some creatures who killed people and stuff... I should probably watch it again. . Or not, if I remember correctly when it comes to the actual quality of it.
    You should re-watch it !!, at least I really liked 13th Warrior, and think it's a really good movie
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 08, 2011 at 04:48 AM.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@HegemonKhan, agreed on GL film - only the sequel <if there will be any!?> can make watching the first GL movie worthy. Actually I have this strange feeling that this movie was made solely for the purpose of giving a 'stage' for the sequel with - without spoilers - we know who,what and whatnot xd

Just giving props to this site: http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html Anyone interested in The Expandables 2 should look forward to it - it seems that the final fight between Sly and Van Damme was already made and the crew celebrated it <3 Also, I like the Van Damme's clothes in the movie, he will be a really good villain methinks. Can't wait, really can't wait.
    On the other hand: Chuck Norris is invincible xP Despite his age of 70sth he still looks 'almost' the same as in Texas Ranger or sth. Maybe I'm fed up with those jokes but.. time is not affecting Chuck Norris - its Chuck Norris who affects time
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Immortals:

very disappointing... 300 was good... immortals.... bad

it did have some cool fight scenes and blood/gore splashing, but that's about it. sighs.

------------------------------

has anyone seen the movies:

In Time and Anomynous, are either of them any good?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched The adventures of tintin. It was a pleasant watch and it lived up to the standard.
    I wonder if they are going to make films of other books in the future? Snowy was damn adorable in the movie
    and the cap'n was so much fun.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Just watched The adventures of tintin. It was a pleasant watch and it lived up to the standard.
    I wonder if they are going to make films of other books in the future? Snowy was damn adorable in the movie
    and the cap'n was so much fun.
    There's 2 more adaptations planned, but so far no confirmation as to what the next one will be based on. Anthony Horowitz who is writing the screenplay for the sequel said it will not be based on the Prisoner of the Sun.

he said:

Quote Quote:
    "I can tell you that I think the second film is not going to be Prisoners of the Sun. What it is going to be is still under discussion. I’ve had meetings with the directors and producers and we’ve talked about ideas and action sequences. At the moment I’m trying to put together a story that will please everybody. It’s a very difficult one to do.

"The good news is if [Prisoners Of The Sun] is not the second film it'll be the third film so actually I could end up with two Tintins under my belt."

source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Puss in Boots yesterday. It was only 1.5 hours, but it was too long...
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih
    I watched Puss in Boots yesterday. It was only 1.5 hours, but it was too long...
    So what are you trying to say, hmm?

I will watch Puss in Boots only when it comes on dvd/br - didn't think on going to cinema on that one. Right now I'm waiting for MI4 because.. because I can't wait for the first 6 minutes of TDKR
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    So what are you trying to say, hmm?

I will watch Puss in Boots only when it comes on dvd/br - didn't think on going to cinema on one. Right now I'm waiting for MI4 because.. because I can't wait for the first 6 minutes of TDKR
    I had to tag along with others, but would it worth watching the dvd when it comes out...that I am not even sure... (They should have featured more cutesy Puss rather than manly Puss.) MI films are always great.
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time I read a piece of news on the live-action adaptation of Akira (it pains me just to write those words), I feel it just can't get any worse. Then something like this pops onto my screen.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time I read a piece of news on the live-action adaptation of Akira (it pains me just to write those words), I feel it just can't get any worse. Then something like this pops onto my screen.

That's it. The movie isn't even out yet, but I'm going to deny its existence from now on. My god, by the guy who did House of Wax? WHYYYYY!!!!! I just died inside a little.

Thread Closed
Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast