Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

no thoughts on "My Week with Marilyn?" I'm very curious about it.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the full length of the last trailer (yesterday) of Prometheus, prequel of Alien, by Ridley Scott.

If you don't want to be spoiled too much, be careful here, they're showing a bit too much in my opinion. I think I already have a grasp of the overall plot... -_-'

Edit : if you don't want to see this video but still want to see a trailer, check the other one I just added, below the first one, it is also considered as the last trailer (lol) but I think there are less spoilers and is more intriguing.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Just found another trailer, less spoil (better in my opinion), more intriguing :

Last edited by Gats; March 20, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Damon Lindelof writing, Ridley Scott. Easily the movie I'm looking forward to most this Summer
    Last edited by xi0; March 20, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

And a fricking neat cast. Rapace, Fassbender, Pearce, Elba. This will be the film of the summer.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So Michael Bay is making a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Where the Turtles aren't turtles mutated due to a toxic waste, but friggin' space aliens from another planet. He's made an official statement to the fans: "Take a breath and chill."

I never was a huge Transformers fan when I was a kid so I didn't really care much about Michael Bay's Transformers-movies being total shit, but TMNT was one of my favorite shows when I was younger... I just... Damn you, Michael Bay.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post
    So Michael Bay is making a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Where the Turtles aren't turtles mutated due to a toxic waste, but friggin' space aliens from another planet. He's made an official statement to the fans: "Take a breath and chill."

I never was a huge Transformers fan when I was a kid so I didn't really care much about Michael Bay's Transformers-movies being total shit, but TMNT was one of my favorite shows when I was younger... I just... Damn you, Michael Bay.
    I think pretty much everyone I've spoken to(me included) has had the same reaction regarding that news. Sometimes I'd just wish they'd leave our childhood memories alone.

Anyways the most recent film I saw on Gary's recommendation is Michael Clayton starring George Clooney and Tilda Swinton. I've really grown to like a few of George's movies, last would be Up in the Air which was just as good as this one but a different sort of story.

What I enjoyed most was the way the storyline and timeline functioned(flashforward of some sorts); by starting near the end and show you "the incident" that the character is involved in then taking you back to show he got to that point; so then throughout the film you're trying to guess what it is that got him there. Now that mechanism is not new and it can be seen from numerous movies and tv shows but it was handled very well.

I also appreciated the fact that amidst the main plot, the Michael(the main character) had a background and his character was well fleshed out so you could understand some of this decisions in that regards.

A mention Tilda Swinton's character Karen Crowder who played her role very well in being the antagonist of sorts but a very different one in the sense that her decisions were rash, awkward and filled with nervousness but she portrayed that well and the scene after the gym where's she contacted and the end scene captures that in all its essence.

Now Arthur Edens; the man who causes all of the main plot to unfold; Tom Wilkinson is FANTASTIC!!! dunno if I'm the only one who appreciated him as a crazy person but wow. He really had my attention whenever he was on screen from the boardroom scene with the video to the scene in his apartment whilst replaying the video on tv and the conversation with Michael's son where they're speaking on the phone and he explains the story of a book to him about a dream that was being shared by many people(IIRC?)

Sorry for the rambling but those are just some of the points about the film that I wanted to mention, it just goes to show you the lengths big companies are willing to go to in order to complete a deal or achieve a target.

Score: 8/10

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw 30 Minutes or Less yesterday. I'm a fan of Aziz Ansari comedically (Parks and Rec ftw) and Jesse Eisenberg is a good actor. The movie was alright, it had some funny moments, but it was a bit of a letdown. The entire premise was pretty weak, and just didn't seem convincing.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Organizized View Post

More could have been done with Transformers but sadly, they were barely ok to watch. I grew up watching Transformers and I was excited when I heard it will be made into movies. I was disappointed. Same goes for TMNT, I loved that show and I am afraid, it will no different from Transformers.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So apparently there's been a few Hunger Games fans who were disappointed by the casting of black actors for certain roles. Here's the article:

Racist Hunger Games Fans Are Very Disappointed

Now, I've never read the book but going to see the movie tonight, but it seems from the brief description of the characters in the article that the casting goes with the book.

Thoughts?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

21 Jump Street is a must-see if you're a fan of comedies. I like Jonah Hill a lot, but I wasn't sure what to expect from it. It didn't disappoint, and Channing Tatum was surprisingly good in a comedic role. It has a great cast, and it's easily one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Easily funnier than The Hangover in my opinion.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched The Hunger Games last Saturday. I was so wrong about the movie. I was expecting a tasteless movie setting in dystopian near future. It turned out to be quite opposite. The action was befitting according to the setting of the movie. The movie reminds me of Roman Gladiators X Sci-Fi. The blend was very nice. Some deaths were emotional enough to make you share a bond with the characters. In short, I would recommend it highly.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I watched The Hunger Games last Saturday. I was so wrong about the movie. I was expecting a tasteless movie setting in dystopian near future. It turned out to be quite opposite. The action was befitting according to the setting of the movie. The movie reminds me of Roman Gladiators X Sci-Fi. The blend was very nice. Some deaths were emotional enough to make you share a bond with the characters. In short, I would recommend it highly.
    Same here, I watched it last night. I've never read the books but heard a lot of good things about it from friends but I was still a bit sceptic about it. The action scenes where really fun to see and there's even some comedy in it. It also has a very strong cast with Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Lenny Kravitz, Elizabeth Banks providing support to the main cast. The girl who played Rue(dunno her name) was a really cool character

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

On tuesday I finally saw Iron Sky. It's sci-fi comedy about nazis who evacuated to the darkside of moon just before WWII ended. Now it is 2018 and they are coming back!

As a short back info, this film is finnish german production. The core team consist of finnish dudes, who created the cult hit parody Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning. With basicly zero budget they created very impressive special effects in an indie production, with close to non previous experience. This served as business card for Iron Sky. They managed to scratch together the budget. Much thanks to the fans, crowd funding. These guys managed something near impossible. A finnish large scale sci-fi film.

On to the actual film. It was brilliant! The concept itself is oddly hilarious. The comedy carries through the film, combining slap stick, gags, some darker humor and subtle parodying. Indeed, the film is full of little references to classical films, current world affairs and even memes. Not only in picture, but also in sound. It also includes lot of political satire, as the president of the United States and UN council have major roles. In my opinion the most hilarous moment of the film indeed happen in the UN council room.

The cgi for the film is breathtaking. I have huge respect for the CGI supervisor Samuli Torssonen of Energia company. This totally amateur artist created a world class effect workshop from nothing. Especially all the spacecrafts and their battles look amazing.

The film ain't completly without flaws though. The script could have used some work. The pacing didn't quite work at some parts of the film. I hear the original cut was almost hour longer than the theatretical release, so that could explain why some plot elements feel bit off and why the characters, especially the hero, fall a bit flat. Still, it is extremely entertaining a fresh film and admirable achievement. I really recommend checking it out if it is avaiable on your area!

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching the Godfather now. God, I love this movie and the sequel.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

its one of my favorite movies.

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast