Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

So..... van helsing + abraham lincon vampire hunter = hansel & gretel witch hunters? Not sure what to make of that at the moment. On a completely separate note, I am still waiting for "teddy roosevelt: werebear hunter"(werewolves would be fine too).

As for the latest spidey movie, I liked it better than the older ones. Somehow I find mcguire extraordinarily annoying. As I have said before, the only thing that could ruin the trilogy for me is that they do not kill gwen at the end. In turn, killing her would make it one of the best trilogies ever for me.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck Indeed, I hope they stay true to the comics and kill her off. It would leave a deep impression on me too. However, her chemistry with what's his name is extremely brilliant. I thought their scenes together throughout the movie were touching and cute. I liked the reboot film even though it was short on action. I'm pleased with the direction they're taking this series in, and on another note I heard they're planning on making a Venom film perhaps before or after the second spider man film. If so, who should they cast as Venom?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah that looks awful
    Yeah I thought so too, I saw this trailer at the movies, and I was thinking oh my god what is he doing? this looks terrible! I heard he wasn't all that good in the expendables 2 either; he's clearly spent too much time away from the acting set. If he keeps on he might blemish his legacy as one of the greatest action movie heroes of all time
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 09, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    @kkck Indeed, I hope they stay true to the comics and kill her off. It would leave a deep impression on me too. However, her chemistry with what's his name is extremely brilliant. I thought their scenes together throughout the movie were touching and cute. I liked the reboot film even though it was short on action. I'm pleased with the direction they're taking this series in, and on another note I heard they're planning on making a Venom film perhaps before or after the second spider man film. If so, who should they cast as Venom?
    The opposite of Topher Grace

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^He was such a terrible casting the third movie was a complete mess not worth the money I spent to go see it.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, there were more problems with it than just that.

But that might be one of the worst castings ever

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The last spiderman movie was considerably convoluted to be fair. It had 3 villains, spiderman going through with the simbiote deal, the uncle ben plot points with sandman, 2 love interest for spiderman, the plot points with eddie and the newspaper and so on.... Taking all of that in consideration I would say the movie was reasonably well executed since it could as easily have turned out to be complete nonsense plotwise. How many movies turn out to be mostly coherent with so much stuff going on? Of course the first alternative should have been to clean the script a bit and make venom more important in the movie but since they chose not too it did kinda turned out reasonably well. And to be fair, topher grace did do an acceptable job playing his role. The issue here is that eddie brock does not look like topher at all.

Wasn't flash thompson also a venom in the comic books? The movie did introduce that guy. I think he is an unknown actor but if they give him a role next movie they could easily set him up for it.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

He's only recently become a host for Venom but I doubt you'd ever see it in a movie unless there was a reason for it.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm debating whether or not to go see the new Resident Evil movie when it comes out (trailer below). I've seen all the others, and they don't seem too bad with the exception of the last two films. Who else is familiar with RS movie series? what do y'all think?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not Resident Evil. They're entertaining I suppose, but it's a bastardization of the actual franchise.

If they took the story from the first game and made a movie out of it if would work well. Atmospheric, dark, foreboding. But no, they had to add a completely new character and more pewpewlazer....barf

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it certainly has deviated significantly from the video games. I was not an avid resident evil gamer so I can't say I honestly care about that particular matter. I guess it depends on what your priorities are on the movie. If you want an interesting plot with no holes in it and decent story telling then the movie franchise is probably not for you. If you want to understand the umbrella corporation's business model (which seemingly revolves around turning stakeholders into zombies) then the movie is also somehow not for you either. If you want to see mila jovovich killing zombies (OH HELL YES) then the movie is perhaps (maybe) worth the trip to the movies. As a respectable nerd unfamiliar with the video game franchise I can't say I mind seeing the movie at all (going to the movies on a nightweek is like 3.50 dollars in my country) and I probably have seen worst movies at the movie theater anyways. So yeah, mila jovovich killing zombies it is. On that matter, why don't we have a smiley of mila jovovich killing zombies?!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take issue with it if Resident Evil wasn't attached to it. It just isn't Resident Evil. Apart from there sort of being a mansions in the first game, Umbrella, some similar characters it doesn't have much to do with the series. They only started adding characters from the games in the movies after the first because fans complained.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    I'm debating whether or not to go see the new Resident Evil movie when it comes out (trailer below). I've seen all the others, and they don't seem too bad with the exception of the last two films. Who else is familiar with RS movie series? what do y'all think?
    I'm going, as always. Like xi0 said: those movies are definitely entertaining "but it's a bastardization of the actual franchise". Nonetheless, I love THAT entertainment and I love Alice in Milla Jovovich, and.. well, its still a nice zombie movie xP I don't expect some thinking or sth, I just expect to relax and watch <3
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the last two which were 3D, but the previews made it looks like it was just a demo for 3D...like shit being thrown at the screen. Just seems pretentious. Oh well

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@xi0, you did good not going to the last one - 'fourth' one was definitely the most irritating one, and the worse from them all. Still, some sequences were cool. <and the last one was in 3D, the 'third' one wasn't in 3D yet at that time> Still, those movies end in such a fashion that I cannot wait with 'whats next?' thingy : /
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    @xi0, you did good not going to the last one - 'fourth' one was definitely the most irritating one, and the worse from them all. Still, some sequences were cool. <and the last one was in 3D, the 'third' one wasn't in 3D yet at that time> Still, those movies end in such a fashion that I cannot wait with 'whats next?' thingy : /
    Isn't the new one out the fifth one? Because then the fourth and fifth are the ones in 3D. The third one is the one where they're in the desert or something. Didn't see it fully.

Thread Closed
Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast