Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Wait, so something can look so real it feels artificial? What the fuck are these critics and film nerds talking about? Jackson was better off showing nothing at all...

I understand what upping the frame-rate to a film can do to an image. The only way I see this being an issue is because of the film of course being shown on a big screen...but I suppose that's the only thing that matters ....... Oh well.

Maybe directors should spend less time being innovative or trend-setters and more on making good movies *cough*James*cough*Cameron*cough*
    I didn't see the 48 fps cutscene but I understand it can divide people. I mean, even now, even if maybe that has nothing to do with the fps, when I see the new HD/HQ/whatever TV showing a film...often it feels like it's not a film anymore, but some kind of documentary or TV report. I think some light ajustement has to be done to compensate the high fps now.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Response from Peter Jackson regarding the shooting in 48fps:

Quote Quote:
    "Nobody is going to stop. This technology is going to keep evolving. At first it's unusual because you've never seen a movie like this before," Jackson told EW.

"It's literally a new experience, but you know, that doesn't last the entire experience of the film; not by any stretch, after 10 minutes or so. That's a different experience than if you see a fast-cutting montage at a technical presentation.

"There can only ever be a real reaction, a truthful reaction, when people actually have a chance to see a complete narrative on a particular film. A couple of the more negative commenters from CinemaCon said that in the Gollum and Bilbo scene they didn't mind it and got used to that.

"That was the same 48 frames the rest of the reel was. I just wonder if it they were getting into the dialogue, the characters and the story. That's what happens in the movie. You settle into it."

source: digitalspy.co.uk

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert in movies or cameras, but what would be the problem if Hobit is going to be shoot in 48fps? Is the picture is more clear like HD 1080p or something?.

I'm looking forward to watch Avengers, sadly I have to wait until 4th May..

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm not an expert in movies or cameras, but what would be the problem if Hobit is going to be shoot in 48fps? Is the picture is more clear like HD 1080p or something?.

I'm looking forward to watch Avengers, sadly I have to wait until 4th May..
    A higher frame rate means the camera that is used for filming takes more pictures per second than usual. That means more nuance to movements is captured and it looks closer to real life. The picture might not be clearer necessarily, but it's probably more vivid.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

First theatrical trailer for Skyfall is out:

Last edited by goldb; May 21, 2012 at 03:32 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been wondering, do cinemas in other countries have a break/intermission around the middle of a movie?Because in Portugal they do, but see I've watched movies in Scotland and in England and they didn't have any. I've also seen two movies in the US, but I was too young too remember if they had any xD.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not in decades. My dad still remembers that they used to have those when he was a kid, but not in a really long time. That's kinda ridiculous imho. I can see the point in 2 hours 40 min epochs, but thats still kinda stupid. Couldn't potentially ruin the mood completly?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they might still do it for some really long movies, but it would be rare. Cinemas try to fit in as many showings of a movie as they can.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine going to cinema to watch a film, then having some sort of interval in between....it'd ruin the momentum of the film for me.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I can't imagine going to cinema to watch a film, then having some sort of interval in between....it'd ruin the momentum of the film for me.
    If the movie was Schindler's List or Heat -long I actually wouldn't mind an intermission for various reasons. Movies do tend to be longer these days, but that type of length isn't terribly common.

It used to be that the movie would actually run around a type of intermission and it would be in the film instead of added by the theater. Movies like Ben-Hur or The Ten Commandments come to mind.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes those, I can't imagine watching either in cinema to be fair. I'd be okay for an intermission if the movie was Ben-Hur length, cos in theatres I can normally contain myself for about 4 hours, give or take.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's similar to how there are intermissions between the Acts of plays and what not

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The first time I actually noticed that movies didn't have breaks outside Portugal was when I watched Inception in Scotland. I noticed this because I was ready to use the bathroom before the film started but had decided to go during the break. It's true, a lot of the time the break can ruin the momentum of the movie (you can actually sort of tell the break's coming up due to several "cigarette burns" appearing on the screen), but I am thankful for them when watching a long movie. They're pretty pointless when watching short movies, but they're also good if you want to use the bathroom or buy something at the lobby (usually I only buy popcorn during the break since I tend to finish it all during the first half). Now that I think about it, there probably aren't as many sessions compared to theaters in other countries :/

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't have breaks or intermissions here in the Philippines. They just run it full length.

Although, I got the DVD version of "Gone with the Wind" and that's like, super old, and it still included the intermission parts- like ten whole minutes of nothing but a picture and the word "Intermission" and my mother explained that that's how movies were like in the old days.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I noticed the same thing when I watched The Sound of Music on DVD. I thought it was really random, maybe something to do with the fact that it was a musical. It was a nice intermission though, showing the prettiness that is Austria xD

Thread Closed
Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast