Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

According to Sasaki there is supposed to be a longer Kenshin trailer on the official website: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/rurouni-kenshin/index.html Can't find it thought...
    Last edited by Miyagi; July 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched The Amazing Spiderman today, and I couldn't say that I'm satisfied with it. There are some details from the comics version altered in this movie, and I don't like that. The cinematography is probably better than Sam Raimi's version, but story wise Raimi's version is better.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard he build the spiderweb shooters out of nothing, as in normal buy, not genius come up with something like that. Ah my friends decided to see TDKR at the end of the month, so Spidey will go down the Blu-Ray path. :P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I get that the spiderweb shooters are there in the original comic, but making him have the ability to shoot the webs himself works a lot better. It actually makes sense for it to be a part of his powers.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My problem is not with the shooters, it's that this Peter is dumber than the T. Maguire one and still could create such items. Don't know why anybody should have a problem with the change to it not being part of his powers, it's been both ways many times in the comics. Does anybody know if the Spider-woman arc is worth reading?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not seen the new spiderman movie yet but at least I have never been a fan of the web shotters myself. They make no sense to me. Without being able to shoot webs spiderman's powers come down to his physical enhancement, spideysense and wall crawling. My issue with this is that not one of this powers is necessarily relatable to a spider without the ability to create webs himself. Without the ability to shoot webs we have the situation that spiderman could have been bitten by practically any animal overall. Even his spidey sense is not necessarily a spider related ability, the only thing spiderlike about it is the name. Ultimately with the powers non web shooting spiderman has he could as easily be antman, flyman, lizardman or basically absolutely ANYTHING that can crawl walls. The only actual tweeck that would have to be made is to replace the spidey sense for anythingelse-sense(which makes for a change so minuscule is unimportant).

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dark Knight Rises new Featurette:

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll just leave this here... (for The Hobbit-anticipators)

http://www.ew.com/ew/special/0,,2039...610399,00.html

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched The Amazing Spider-Man yesterday and enjoyed it, though I think the first film works better as an origin story. The film had some awesome looking action sequences, and the actors did a great job with their characters (Aunt May's actress more or less), but there were also a lot of cheesey moments. It was also very unrealistic at some parts (like the web-shooters for example). The soundtrack was a mess in my opinion. At one point in the film it looked like someone stepped on a piano. Also, I think Andrew Garfield should have bulked up a little, when he was wearing the Spider-Man costume he looked really skinny. Still, the movie is pretty entertaining, and it's also funnier (comedy is something I felt the other ones lacked).

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I liked this film better than the original one. For some reason I find the original spiderman guy remarkably annoying. I feel this origin kinda makes more sense overall. Setting aside that spiderman in this film started out as a potential sex offender and could be charged with battery, it seemed the story eased up more into him learning how to use his powers for good. I felt uncle ben's death had a greater impact in this film too. I still dislike the shooters though. Had that spider thread not been there he could as easily assumed his powers were based on any other insect. I can't fathom how building shooters which shot some metallic liquid something something web is easier than building rudimentary wings and simply being roachman. Or grasshopper man, he jumps a lot.

Not sure I liked the part when he told gwen about his powers. Spiderman is supposed to be secretive about his identity and we are supposed to somehow process that he told a girl with whom he had always had only half conversations at best?

What I do wonder is if the director will have the balls to actuall kill off gwen stacy as in the comic books. Thinking about it the Stacey's get a really bad treatment in the comic book. For me the best ending for the series would him meeting MJ at the very end of the last movie. Technically that would remove importance from the potential death of gwen though.... If they do have she balls to kill gwen in the movie its gonna be hard to pull of.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The Dark Knight soundtrack is available for listening in its entirety here. Enjoy!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What I do wonder is if the director will have the balls to actuall kill off gwen stacy as in the comic books. Thinking about it the Stacey's get a really bad treatment in the comic book. For me the best ending for the series would him meeting MJ at the very end of the last movie. Technically that would remove importance from the potential death of gwen though.... If they do have she balls to kill gwen in the movie its gonna be hard to pull of.
    I hope that they do end up killing her. Not that I have anything against, in fact I really like the way Emma Stone acted in her role. It's just that it's a pretty big deal in the comics and it would be interesting to see the movies handle it. However, I heard that Joe Quesada (who's some big cheese at Marvel, not really sure what he does though) doesn't like Mary Jane at all and that she might not appear in the newer movies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    The Dark Knight soundtrack is available for listening in its entirety here. Enjoy!
    Hans Zimmer is a genius. I also like this one. Can'T wait to see the movie. Sadly Nolan's last batman.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing with the buildings falling and the camera moving upward reminds me of bleach lol.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing with the web shooters was that they were already in the original comic itself, there's no point finding it as a flaw in the movie
    when it followed the comic.
    Web shooters make more sense than organic webs because if peter parker shoots real webs out of his wrist then his body must be producing solidified sticky web
    substance...which is kindda gross.
    I watched it 2 weeks ago since it premiered earlier here in Sg.
    I must say that it's nowhere near epic but still an enjoyable watch, I might be biased seeing how spider man is my favorite superhero, ever.

Quote Quote:
    Not sure I liked the part when he told gwen about his powers. Spiderman is supposed to be secretive about his identity and we are supposed to somehow process that he told a girl with whom he had always had only half conversations at best?
    I agree. Part of the reason why spider man hides his identity, even from aunt may was because he didn't wanted to worry them and also because of the responsibility in it. Maybe this could be justified by saying that he revealed the identity before he actually matured as spider man but it still didn't feel right.
    Also disliked the Aunt May and Peter relationship in this movie, in Raimi's one they were obviously closer.
    But Uncle Ben was portrayed well.
    Quote Quote:
    My problem is not with the shooters, it's that this Peter is dumber than the T. Maguire one and still could create such items
    Dumber? Please elaborate because in the entire course of the movie I thought that he was smart and very intelligent especially when he solved the formula and developed the shooters. Unlike Tobey who in most of the films feels like an awkward A-grader student.

Like many have said, the comedy in this film is better than any of Raimi and Spider-man was much more fun with his wisecracks that the original films lacked.
    The flaw that I really have is the Lizard and how the film would be way better if they didn't choose him as a villain.

Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast