Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

It felt similar, but stealing all plotpoints? No. "Stealing" and "all" are not word I would use.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by ‘Skyfall’ Director Says He Was Inspired By ‘The Dark Knight’
    Mendes’ decision to jump on board was a risky one, since he rightly points out that the reception to Bond’s last adventure was lukewarm at best. But those who felt that the first Skyfall trailer revealing the diabolical Raoul Silva (Javier Bardem) seemed more ‘Nolan-esque’ than ‘Bond-ish’ may have been right on the money.

The strength of story, drama and compelling turmoil that director Christopher Nolan brought into the Batman mythos “directly inspired” Mendes in his view of the Bond series. Not just as a sign that tired properties can still have potential, but what can be attempted when studio dollars are on the line.

As Mendes sees it, the precedent has been set for directors like himself to bring more artistic flourishes to mainstream projects. What that means for Skyfall isn’t clear, but does sound promising:

“In terms of what [Nolan] achieved, specifically ‘The Dark Knight,’ the second movie, what it achieved, which is something exceptional. It was a game changer for everybody…”

“We’re now in an industry where movies are very small or very big and there’s almost nothing in the middle [...] it would be a tragedy if all the serious movies were very small and all the popcorn movies were very big and have nothing to say. And what Nolan proved was that you can make a huge movie that is thrilling and entertaining and has a lot to say about the world we live in, even if, in the case with ‘The Dark Knight,’ it’s not even set in our world. It felt like a movie that was about our world post-9/11, and played on our fears, and discussed our fears and why they existed and I thought that was incredibly brave and interesting. That did help give me the confidence to take this movie in directions that, without ‘The Dark Knight,’ might not have been possible. Because also, people go, ‘Wow, that’s pretty dark,’ but then you can point to ‘Dark Knight’ and go ‘Look at that – that’s a darker movie, and it took in a gazillion dollars!’ That’s very helpful. There’s also that thing – it’s clearly possible to make a dark movie that people want to see.”
    source: screenrant.com
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    It felt similar, but stealing all plotpoints? No. "Stealing" and "all" are not word I would use.
    Spoiler: spoilers, seriously show

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    No wonder...

source: screenrant.com
    There we go.... I would still argue there was too much "inspiration" though.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much done going to the movies for the rest of 2012. However, the Hobbit by Peter Jackson looks really good.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

^About the Skyfall subject, aside from the stolen plot points from the Batman trilogy and lack of originality there really isn't much else you could take away from this film that changes people's outlook on this movie from to a positive to negative perspective.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my brother and a friend of his weren't that pleased as well and I highly doubt it's because they saw similarities to other movies. Let's not generalize peoples opinions to plot similarities.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    I'm pretty much done going to the movies for the rest of 2012. However, the Hobbit by Peter Jackson looks really good.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

^About the Skyfall subject, aside from the stolen plot points from the Batman trilogy and lack of originality there really isn't much else you could take away from this film that changes people's outlook on this movie from to a positive to negative perspective.
    How about the movie stealing plot devices from 20 year old macaulay culkin movies (home alone)?

Anyways, I don't actually think the movie was bad, if anything I did enjoy it. I just couldn't help but notice the overwhelming amount of "inspiration" from the dark knight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Twilight kicked Skyfall off the top spot on the Box Office this past weekend...141 million dollars huh. I hate Twilight with a burning passion

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Bruce Willis has been busy this year! Looper and another Die Hard movie coming out soon I'm so excited.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 19, 2012 at 01:00 AM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to *not hate* twilight. I mean, I haven't watched any of it so i don't really care- no time of mine was lost, and no brain cells were fried.

MOre like, Meh. It just exists. Like Justin Bieber.

unless... I go for a twilight marathon one of these days- when I'm high on [bleep].

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    I prefer to *not hate* twilight. I mean, I haven't watched any of it so i don't really care- no time of mine was lost, and no brain cells were fried.
    Had to watch it with my cousins daughters and yeah BS is the best you could decribe it. Doubt any of the books are any better from reading some thorough reviews. And now I even see men read 50 shades of ... like only for the hype. There were always good erotic and SM novels just saying.

This will be the last movie won't it? Let's wait and let it rest until the next idocy comes around.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well this should ease your mind

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've already seen a teaser poser for the next Stephenie Meyer.

Seen some of his interviews before, he really did take a turn from the second movie on. haha
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen "Skyfall" yet, but I was told it's the best bond film in the last 10 years. Personally for me, the last bond film I went to the theaters to see was "Goldeneye" and for me, that was a classic. May have to see "Skyfall" to see if it lives up to the hype.

I liked the "Dark Knight", but it's overhyped and just made a lot of money. I get the business of it all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    Haven't seen "Skyfall" yet, but I was told it's the best bond film in the last 10 years. Personally for me, the last bond film I went to the theaters to see was "Goldeneye" and for me, that was a classic. May have to see "Skyfall" to see if it lives up to the hype.

I liked the "Dark Knight", but it's overhyped and just made a lot of money. I get the business of it all.
    You sound like you have a lot of issues with the movie do tell.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than putting your cinema money into something like Twilight. :P Every movie is made to make money, so no problem with promoting something great, when you get the chance to broaden the viewer base.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Combines all the TV spots and trailers into a single package! Awesome

Thread Closed
Page 76 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast