Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 77 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Has anyone seen Cloud Atlas yet? I want to know if it's worth checking out....

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Has anyone seen Cloud Atlas yet? I want to know if it's worth checking out....
    Hmmm, I guess you could say it's a good movie. Not as mind-blowing and brilliant as many make it out to be, but still entertaining. Worth a watch.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to see this...looks awesome no doubt...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Life of Pi in 3D is a truly exceptional movie. The dialogue is a little hard to understand at times, but you'll get used to it. It's a slow film and the pacing lags a bit so you may get a little tired, but aside from that I have no further complaints. The story is emotionally compelling and very well scripted. It's a fun adventure filled with tragedy and sadness. It had a dash of occasional humor that was refreshing in quiet moments, and during the film you're really able to connect with the main protagonist on so many levels. Great achievement by Ang Lee. Also, the 3D scenes were amazing. I would definitely put this movie into my fav five list for this year.

Dark Knight Rises
    Skyfall
    Avengers
    Life of Pi
    21 Jump Street

p.s sorry Prometheus, Amazing Spider Man

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

^List subject to change once I see the Hobbit.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; December 03, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dane DeHaan has been cast as Harry Osborn for The Amazing Spiderman 2. For those that don't know who he is, he played Andrew in the sci fi The Chronicle that came out just under a year ago and I think he'll be as strong a cast as I thought he was in that film.

For those that haven't see the poster for Star Trek 2:

Spoiler show

And also for Man of Steel:

Spoiler show

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

F me sideways, flash has crashed, tab gone. Feels bad...

So in short, Jamie Foxx is rumored to play Electro in the Amazing Spider-Man 2. Here are his own words.
    Quote Quote:
    "I think Electro will be an exciting character to play because he's a ... genius electrician-type person, and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world, and the next thing you know he turns it on."
    Seems like I will watch The Chronicle pretty soon, Prometheus was a rather disappointing Sci-Fi flick.

Amazing News: By Crom! Arnold is back as Conan!

First time I heard Ashton Kutcher playing the late Steve Jobs in the biopic jOBS.

Zachary Quinto teased a bit[] of Star Trek into Darkness at Conan O'Brian. There will be a nine minute preview/trailer before the The Hobbit screenings. A one minute long exclusive trailer will be released next week.

Nolan on The Man of Steel.
    Quote Quote:
    “Well, somewhat. But I wouldn’t want people to think we're doing for Superman what we did for Batman...Superman is a completely different character than Batman. So you can't in anyway use the same template. But David Goyer had this, I thought, brilliant way to make Superman relatable and relevant for his audience. Zack has built on that and I think it's incredible what he's putting together. He's got a lot of finishing to do on that. Superman is the biggest comic book character of them all and he needs the biggest possible movie version which is what Zack's doing. It's really something.
    Have seen End of Watch last weekend, was pretty good, nothing special, but I just like to watch Jake Gyllenhaal movies somehow. Next movie will probably be Silver Linings Playbook, trailer looks promising.

And at last a mash-up of the 2012 movies:
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 04, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

when is the Great Gatsby up?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    when is the Great Gatsby up?
    May 2013.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I am a fan of that star trek poster. I wasn't a star trek fan to begin with and that seems like a weird mashup between the matrix and anything nolan has ever made. Is there anything about that poster that seems at all star trek ish? In spite of the fact that I have no love for any version of star trek ever, I can't see what exactly is treky about that particular poster.

The superman poster is awesome though. I am actually very excited about that movie. The trailer didn't particularly say much however even then it just seemed plain awesome............ Not sure what to say about this, I hope a real trailer comes out soon.

Not sure if what nolan tried to say with that comment makes sense. What nolan did with batman was basically add a dimension of emotion and plot to the movie. That is basically how he made those movies exceptional. The issue with superman is that he is perfect to begin with. He is unkillable, immortal and had virtually unlimited amount of power and to boot he is a scientific genius with the knowledge of 28 galaxies if I recall. what nolan could bring to a batman movie (as a producer), is basically to not make him perfect however seeing what he said he seems bent on making superman perfect.... Not sure what to make of this.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the point of removing the red undies from his costume matters. He's still wearing tights, a gaudy emblem on his chest, and a bright red cape that serves no real purpose.

The first trailer we saw WAS fantastic though, and got me interested in seeing it. The cast is impressive as well. I really have no interest in Superman otherwise. Just dull.

And please, why would anyone cast Ashton Kutcher in a biopic of anyone? Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but drama is not his forte at all.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But Ashton would do great as Steve Jobs. Smoking pot, whackjob, pirate, college guy.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Not sure what the point of removing the red undies from his costume matters. He's still wearing tights, a gaudy emblem on his chest, and a bright red cape that serves no real purpose.

The first trailer we saw WAS fantastic though, and got me interested in seeing it. The cast is impressive as well. I really have no interest in Superman otherwise. Just dull.

And please, why would anyone cast Ashton Kutcher in a biopic of anyone? Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but drama is not his forte at all.
    Whaaaaattt ......it's true he hasn't had the most exceptional movie acting career, but any person that watches the 70's show knows that drama and comedy are right up Ashton Kutcher's alley more so than anything else. He'll be a proper fit for the role.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Whaaaaattt ......it's true he hasn't had the most exceptional movie acting career, but any person that watches the 70's show knows that drama and comedy are right up Ashton Kutcher's alley more so than anything else. He'll be a proper fit for the role.
    WTH are you talking about? Outside of That 70s Show, everything he's done has been awful IMO, comedy or drama, or whatever. He plays an utter moron well and anything else has been mediocre at best. That show had some drama, but it didn't involve him much. He's not a good actor.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, I don't know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    WTH are you talking about? Outside of That 70s Show, everything he's done has been awful IMO, comedy or drama, or whatever. He plays an utter moron well and anything else has been mediocre at best. That show had some drama, but it didn't involve him much. He's not a good actor.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, I don't know.
    I thought he had a few good movies like the Butter Fly Affect for instance. I wouldn't say awful though just bad....

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

This had me dying of laughter

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there really a discernible difference between saying a movie is awful or bad though?

I don't mean to bash Kutcher, I just think many better actors could have been casted there.

Thread Closed
Page 77 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast