Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

I don't think there was a 48 fps option in the cinema where I watched The Hobbit. At least the version I watched was definitely not in 48 fps...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can people complain about a film that looks too real? I don't know but I'm seeing the Hobbit this Friday in 48 fps 3D and I expect it to be jolly good

Also, I'm going to check out Django Unchained later on this month too. That movie has seen exceptional reviews so far, and I love Jamie Foxx as an actor.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; December 18, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like how Radagast was portrayed... and I didn't like the ressurection of Azog. Also, I didn't like how he took away the providence and made it look like Gandolf called the Eagles.
    But I can't express it right, these weren't the real problem
    I just felt like PJ wanted to all over the movie instead of letting the universe talk by himself..

I liked the 48fps+3D and since it is a "new" technology, I don't mind the little problems. I expect it to improve with more directors adopting the tech

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the Hobbit yesterday and it was worth all the hype! The new format in 3D took me a little time to get used to, but I enjoyed it for the most part. The action sequences were fun and looked absolutely amazing in 48fps. The film had beautiful scenery as well. Some of the woodland views and majestic shots of Rivendell had me holding my jaw. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel coming out next year, and watching more films (preferably action) in 48fps.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to see "Django Unchained" yesterday and the film wasn't too bad. The story was pretty to the point and QT still hasn't lost his touch with making a great film and getting his artistic point across. The whole "slavery subject matter" was bit testy at times, but it was expected from the start.

Waiting for the "Pacific Rim" film to come, looks to be the most promising one to come out, despite it's influences of "Neon Genesis Evangelion".

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if anyone else saw Les Miserables, but I hated it. Everyone else I went with seemed to like and/or love it. So I was the only one that hated it, but I have to know if anyone else saw it and agrees with me!

The only redeeming quality for it was Anne Hathaway. She was brilliant, but considering her part is only in the first 20-30 minutes of the movie...

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone here seen Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom? If so, what was your reaction to it?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

This is scene was hilariously disturbing. x_x

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I don't know if anyone else saw Les Miserables, but I hated it. Everyone else I went with seemed to like and/or love it. So I was the only one that hated it, but I have to know if anyone else saw it and agrees with me!

The only redeeming quality for it was Anne Hathaway. She was brilliant, but considering her part is only in the first 20-30 minutes of the movie...
    Is this because it's a musical? I reaaaallly dislike musicals and I think you said once you did as well...except for Rocky Horror. I think Les Miserables has some fantastic, timeless music, but I just don't like people singing through an entire show...blegh

I might end up seeing it with my Dad since he's totally gay for it

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Cloud Atlas and I totally loved it. Its a spellbinding movie. Of course, it has my all time favorite Tom Hanks. It was fascinating to see the actors and actoresses playing different characters in a same movie.

Also watched, Hit and Run. It was entertaining. Not a great movie but enjoyable nevertheless.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Django Unchained last night. It was certainly a good movie. Would I call it one of the best movies of 2012? Yes. This movie is certainly the worth the price of an admission ticket. The performances were top notch (especially Samuel L Jackson gosh that man absolutely nailed his role ), and the humor will greatly entertain the viewer. I didn't like musical selection/score at times, and it had its fair share of cheesy slightly exaggerated moments (I kind of enjoyed them, but it was more like guilty pleasure). Also, this movie is incredibly long. I went to go see it at 6:40 pm and didn't get out until like 9:40 pm crazy right?! . The director could of definitely shortened some scenes or took some out completely. However, like I said it's a good movie, and frequent movie goers should definitely go see it.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Also, I was kind of expecting it, but man did they abuse the word nigger in that movie. I don't think I've ever heard it said so many times in one sitting for any movie. Honestly, It felt a bit excessive.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 05, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the hobbit. I have to say, I actually enjoyed the movie, it was really well done. I usually hate the whole 3d thing but seeing this one was awesome. Perhaps this was due to the movie theater getting better 3d glasses though. I could actually remember reading the book when I was 12 or 13 as I saw the movie.

I was a little disappointed about a few changes in the scenes though.
    Spoiler show

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

New trailer released for Pacific Rim:

Showing more of the giant robots and suits.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

No comments about Oscar 2013 nominees? Except Les Miserables, I think the nominees for the Best Picture are acceptable. I haven't watch Zero Dark Thirty yet, but judging from the trailer alone it looks pretty interesting.

@goldb

I heard that Pacific Rim is influenced by Evangelion, is that true?

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    No comments about Oscar 2013 nominees? Except Les Miserables, I think the nominees for the Best Picture are acceptable. I haven't watch Zero Dark Thirty yet, but judging from the trailer alone it looks pretty interesting.

@goldb

I heard that Pacific Rim is influenced by Evangelion, is that true?
    I've just posted the full nominations list in the Oscars thread; so it can be discussed there.

I was not aware of this with Pacific Rim and Evangelion; I wouldn't be surprised if Del Torro was influenced by it, which is fine; as long as it's not considered a rip off of the anime.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Django was awesome, a definite must-watch. Some scenes were brutal, though.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast