Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

I saw Iron Man 3 last night and I enjoyed; you get your money's worth. Only thing that bugged me is how Tony, with all the resources SHIELD has and the Avengers, has to deal with all this threat on his own. It's not even like it's a local Californian criminal, the villain is a global one. Guess SHIELD has better things to do.

The movie itself is packed with action sequences and fight scenes that top the previous 2 installments by quite a margin, I found though that they slightly overused the Mark 42's ability to dissassemble and assemble at Tony's whim mentally. Can't stress the slightly enough, if you've seen the trailer and watch the movie, it becomes clear but the sequences in the end with the final fight was really cool; I've been waiting ages to see an actual fight in Iron Man and this was better than his fight against Whiplash.

It's got a lot of comedic scenes that are well played, not just with Tony himself but several other characters. I found Ben Kingsley to be brilliant in this film btw, won't spoil why to those who haven't seen it yet. Also the whole "New York" post traumatic anxiety issues are highlighted quite often in the film and sometimes amidst the comedy and it's a really interesting contrast in Tony's character that shows that there's more to RDJ than just comedy and wit.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

JARVIS collected information about The Mandarin from CIA, FBI, and S.H.I.E.L.D.. That's all S.H.I.E.L.D. did, provide JARVIS informations. S.H.I.E.L.D., wtf are you doing?!

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

The
    Spoiler show
    are funny
    Last edited by FaustXIII; April 29, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I saw Iron Man 3 last night and I enjoyed; you get your money's worth. Only thing that bugged me is how Tony, with all the resources SHIELD has and the Avengers, has to deal with all this threat on his own. It's not even like it's a local Californian criminal, the villain is a global one. Guess SHIELD has better things to do.

The movie itself is packed with action sequences and fight scenes that top the previous 2 installments by quite a margin, I found though that they slightly overused the Mark 42's ability to dissassemble and assemble at Tony's whim mentally. Can't stress the slightly enough, if you've seen the trailer and watch the movie, it becomes clear but the sequences in the end with the final fight was really cool; I've been waiting ages to see an actual fight in Iron Man and this was better than his fight against Whiplash.

It's got a lot of comedic scenes that are well played, not just with Tony himself but several other characters. I found Ben Kingsley to be brilliant in this film btw, won't spoil why to those who haven't seen it yet. Also the whole "New York" post traumatic anxiety issues are highlighted quite often in the film and sometimes amidst the comedy and it's a really interesting contrast in Tony's character that shows that there's more to RDJ than just comedy and wit.
    I pretty much agree with everything. My only complaint would be the rather weak villain. Somehow the Ironman movies always had weak villains and when I saw the trailer with the Mandarin I was sure things would change this time. I mean he's pretty badass in the comics as far as I know so even though it was funny

Spoiler show

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw Robert Downey Jr. Three.

Loved it.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems Michael B Jordan Jr(The Wire, Red Tails, Chronicle) is a runner up to play Johnny Storm and one of the of the girls from HBO's...''Girls'' is cast to play Susan so i'm not sure where this FF4 reboot is going but time will tell.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would they cast a black actor as Johnny Storm and then cast Allison Williams as Sue Storm? They're siblings...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Half brothers? Genetic atavism? Maybe a subplot will be the realization that one of them is adopted....

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds ridiculous...oh well

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's for some unnecessary plot twist and I think it's the same director from Chronicle so that's why he's a strong possibility right now but I wish the film the best I've always wanted a good FF4.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big FF fan to be honest. Not saying it can't be good, but that's a pretty weird plothole.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Marvel once again has complete rights over Daredevil and Ghost Rider but there are no plans for movies and it's been confirmed that Pedro and Wanda shall be in Avengers 2 they simply can't mention mutant origins and their father Magneto.

Here's a sneak peek for the book and now film series Enders Game
    Spoiler show

Also a new and better Wolverine trailer.
    Spoiler show

Captain America promo pic from EW
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Xerous; May 05, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there's some unclear things there with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being included in the next movie. Namely the fact that they're mutants and twin children of Magneto. But they're more Avengers than anything else. Is it confirmed they can't mention their mutant powers? I understand not mentioning Magneto since he's FOX property though.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Not mentioning mutant's powers ? I don't see what of logic there is to not mention that.

Aside that it seems that not mentioning Magneto wouldn't be a problem at first since they didn't know who was their father at first. (as far I as heard, I didn't read the comics with them involved)

PS : Ender's game book was great.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Not mentioning mutant's powers ? I don't see what of logic there is to not mention that.

Aside that it seems that not mentioning Magneto wouldn't be a problem at first since they didn't know who was their father at first. (as far I as heard, I didn't read the comics with them involved)

PS : Ender's game book was great.
    Yeah, they didn't. Not even when they were in-league with them.

Still, I think the not mentioning mutant thing is bogus. It just doesn't really make sense. Mutant isn't specific enough to be considered intellectual property. Scarlet Witch has powers outside of her mutation, involving magic, but it wouldn't really explain Quicksilver's powers. Maybe it isn't really a big deal, not sure.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Jurassic Park 4 will take place on the original island I wonder if they'll use a story-line from the books this time.

Luke Evans will play the Crow nice choice if I must say and Cruise has signed on for MI:5.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

The Enders Game Trailer is out.

Last edited by Xerous; May 07, 2013 at 04:44 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast