Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2003

Thread: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Movie Thread! - Continuation

Just watched Take Shelter yesterday after being impressed by Michael Shannon and wow, this dude really can act!! Gonna check out Mud and Iceman in the cinema if I can.
    Fave Manga:
    20th Century Boys, Alive:The Final Evolution, Bokurano, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama no Iutoori, Liar Game, Reborn,
    Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo, Zetman.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck: like I said, some of the explanations were half ass and poorly developed. That was a good example of one.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Naomidee;3457399]

Quote Quote:
    Like the Joker in what way? I don't want to see any cheap copy cats.
    I'm a biased spider man fan actually. Anyway what I'm trying to say is since Green Goblin to Spidey is like the Joker to Dark Knight, it would be great
    if one film is given to him. Uh no, it wouldn't really be copycats but GG's persona is kindda like Joker's. The original spider man didn't really
    adapted it the right way as in the comic books. I want him to be insane and have a huge presence.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the new MJ, I am not fully convinced. She is very cute however at least in that picture she is not a perfect 10 so to speak. MJ is supposed to be on a bad day jaw dropping beautiful. Honestly, she is not even prettier than emma stone (which makes peter changing from gwen to MJ significantly more of a tradedown from what it would have been had MJ been as flabergastingly beautiful as she is supposed to be considering gwen herself is very beautiful AND has an IQ matching if not surpassing either set of boobs).

That said, according to wikipedia her scenes were cut from the movie so it seems like she won't be the canonical MJ in this particular set of spidey movies. MJ should appear after gwen dies IMO.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    kkck: like I said, some of the explanations were half ass and poorly developed. That was a good example of one.
    I guess.... but it still seems too lazy overall. how could they just overlook such details so far? You'd think 80% of the movie's plot holes could be easily fixed by merely adding a sentence or two. Seriously, what can this superman even do for humanity? Well, he can certainly fight but ultimately he is a morally uptight demigod with the same knowledge we all have. Superman is supposed to be an inspiration, he is supposed to guide humanity to a better future and being better. What can a dude who spent most of his adult years as a hobo looking for answers guide humans to? Is humanity such a joke in this nolan verse that a hobo can change things for the better? Superman traditionally has the knowledge of entire galaxies and civilizations which would actually be useful in guiding humanity anywhere. The most impressive skill superman has in this movie is to fake his identity considering he managed to infiltrate a military base under one. Perhaps the point the movie tried to make was that the US government is exceptionally and perhaps painfully inept considering louis tracked him down while the government did not. Or perhaps they wanted to make the point that the government left a missing employee to die in the snow?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerous's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Saw Man of Steel and wow! I did not like it.

Pros
    Visual effects were pretty damn cool
    I liked the sort of spin they put on "Krytonite"
    That man is gorgeous
    The theme song is very pretty and moving

Cons
    I literally rolled my eyes at the annoying amount of explosions and mass destruction going on...did Michael Bay direct this movie?
    Many of the explanations were half ass or poorly developed
    What spin are you talking about? and the action was done just right in my opinion I refuse to believe superman can fight other kryptonians without such destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That said, according to wikipedia her scenes were cut from the movie so it seems like she won't be the canonical MJ in this particular set of spidey movies. MJ should appear after
    Spoiler show
    Don't spoil people who haven't read it and MJ's scenes aren't gone entirely they're just gonna move them over to number 3 that's all.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Spoiler:  MOS show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that spoiler? I mean, people know MJ is spiderman's girlfriend and whatnot overall. Most of the people I know hadn't even heard of gwen before this movie came out.... Its pretty obvious that the relationship between gwen and spiderman is doomed at best. I guess in the movie they might go without killing gwen though, its a bit dark for a kids spiderman movie.

Spoiler: MOS show

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a spoiler. The same thing with Harvey dent in TDK , I did not know he was two face so the twist was excellent for me because
    I did not know nor was a batman fan.
    You should probably spoiler it up.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; June 21, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    It is a spoiler. The same thing with Harley Quin in TDK , I did not know he was two face so the twist was excellent for me because
    I did not know nor was a batman fan.
    You should probably spoiler it up.
    Harley Quinn wasn't in TDK, only The Joker.

edit: Ah, I guess you meant Harvey Dent, nvm

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Man of Steel yesterday night.

I was a bit disappointed, however it was not "bad" overall. This is indeed not the movie that a lot of people might expect based on the trailer, it is not as intimate as it seemed to be. The transformation from Clark Kent to Superman was rushed in my opinion, especially with Zod's arrival. There is a reccurent problem of pace. Some impactful scenes (in the sense that it was supposed to move you) failed to convey the right emotion, for example Kal-El's parents struggling to be separated from their son. The soundtracks were awesome in the trailers but seemed misplaced in a few scenes in the movie.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Gats; June 21, 2013 at 05:10 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I watched Man of Steel yesterday night.

I was a bit disappointed, however it was not "bad" overall. This is indeed not the movie that a lot of people might expect based on the trailer, it is not as intimate as it seemed to be. The transformation from Clark Kent to Superman was rushed in my opinion, especially with Zod's arrival. There is a reccurent problem of pace. Some impactful scenes (in the sense that it was supposed to move you) failed to convey the right emotion, for example Kal-El's parents struggling to be separated from their son. The soundtracks were awesome in the trailers but seemed misplaced in a few scenes in the movie.
    Spoiler show
    FINALLY! Someone who shares my feelings on this movie! you got the word right- Intimate. That's what I was expecting from the trailers they released. Instead they bombarded me with a crapload of action scenes. >.<

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

2 more avenger movies? I thought they were only doing one.... Well, I guess an avenger's trilogy makes the most sense considering everything.... Then again, how many story arcs could they do without bringing in the xmen? I guess they are already bringing in mutants without calling them mutants though...

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

2 more avenger movies? I thought they were only doing one.... Well, I guess an avenger's trilogy makes the most sense considering everything.... Then again, how many story arcs could they do without bringing in the xmen? I guess they are already bringing in mutants without calling them mutants though...
    It's not anything new. From what I remember, Jackson was signed for something like 9 films...lol

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like you can't do "hero" movies without a trilogy anymore. One to introduce the characters, one with a threat that wasn't the secret boss of the first one, the last one to do much wrong or good. :P

I want to see MOS, but the mediocre reviews led to a "wait for the BD" decision. Hmpf, maybe I will go alone. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 22, 2013 at 05:30 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    FINALLY! Someone who shares my feelings on this movie! you got the word right- Intimate. That's what I was expecting from the trailers they released. Instead they bombarded me with a crapload of action scenes. >.<
    To be fair, there are more symbolisms than you might think, with Kal-El as the Hope of his race with the codex of all its knowledge inside him, the Messiah relationship, the questioned religions with his appearance (what Jonathan Kent feared, and how some people reacted to the boy Clarck after he saved the bus), his choice as a representative etc Several themes has been touched in the movie. But yeah, only touched.

Thread Closed
Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast