Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verdant Lord by Takashige Hiroshi & Soga Atsushi

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Verdant Lord by Takashige Hiroshi & Soga Atsushi

Another story by the great Takashige Hiroshi, (who wrote the stories for both Spriggan and Until Death Do Us Part), Verdant Lord is set in the near future where Mother Nature has decided to fight back against all of the human encroachment.

It has your standard apocalyptic scenario, but we're right in the middle of the apocalypse actually happening, rather than the aftermath. Vines and foliage entangle cities, as large wooden mech-like creatures called Arethusa (named after one of the mythical Greek Hesperides that tended the gardens in a remote corner of the world) rampage through cities.

Our main character is Souma Shin, a punk kid out of Japan. We start off with him coming to visit his twin (?) brother Ken. All hell breaks loose as Shin finds a group of small kids being used for military purposes, and tries to save them in the confusion created by an Arethusa invading the compound.

Spoiler: Preview Pictures show

Downloads

RAWs
    Volumes 1-5

Scanlations
    None.

Verdant Lord hasn't been scanlated by anyone yet, and 5 volumes are out. Each volume basically contains one action-packed chapter with plenty of science content. I've heard interest in scanlating this from Strays, (new group that did most of the recent Vagabond releases), but I personally can't translate so it would need another translator. There is no furigana as this is a seinen, and there is science content, so beware if you aren't used to translating that.

I will be posting links to the other 5 volumes (RAW) as soon as I have them hosted. Enjoy, and if anyone decides to scanlate, please post about it here. It would be a shame for this to go unnoticed by scanlators. It is a great series.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Verdant Lord

looks pretty cool. I always like how people who are evil or have something wrong with them mentally put their hands in front of their faces, as if it is supposed to mean something...

I hope someone does do it though.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually. He has something wrong with the other side of his face that you can't see there. It's not a subconscious covering of his face, it's jut what he doesn't want anyone to see. Check the RAW out, you'll see what happens kind of.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zindryr
    Actually. He has something wrong with the other side of his face that you can't see there. It's not a subconscious covering of his face, it's jut what he doesn't want anyone to see. Check the RAW out, you'll see what happens kind of.
    ohh, i thought it was just the stereotypical face covering

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Links up for volumes 2, 3, and 4 now as well. 5 to follow soon.[br]Posted on: November 04, 2006, 06:35:36 PM_________________________________________________All volumes of Verdant Lord are available now, (all released volumes anyway, series isn't complete yet), unfortunately only in RAW form. We can only hope that some nice scanlators come along and release them for you guys.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siedhr's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely interested in this. After my exam, I'll try hunting for a translator. Thanks for sharing, zindryr.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha Seidhr. I was going to suggest that we consider this for a Strays project, but it looks like that won't be necessary...
    Devin Lane<br /><br />Strays: How We Learned To Stop Whining And Do Scanlations By Ourselves<br /><br />Read Jackals, Vagabond, Chevalier, and My Balls by Strays. (http://strays.devserver.org/)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks pretty cool

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks like it will be good hope someone/group pick this up love Takashige Hiroshi's other mangas too especially "Until Death Do Us Part" thats a really nice new manga right now
    BoH!
    Thank you to yFANTgirl.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If someone decides to do this one. hope they will also do the rest of spriggan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checked out the raws seems pretty interesting from what I can tell (my japanese is so basic) can't wait to see it translated.

Quote Originally Posted by zombietoaster
    If someone decides to do this one. hope they will also do the rest of spriggan
    How much Spriggan is there? I actually wasn't aware there was anymore besides the movie. I enjoyed it and would really wanna read the manga.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Spriggan Thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9859.0
    11 volumes total.

If no one jumps on this by the time I'm caught up with Until Death Do Us Part, I'll consider it, but that's still a long ways away.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh, I totally missed this thread

I'm not that big fan of Spriggan or sci-fic storys, but the cover of "Until Death Do Us Part" attract me to the manga and the story isn't that bad either.
    Now again I stare at this cover and want to try it out. I have to wait till my DSl connection is fixed, but damn - it looks great

@zindryr ... is Takashige the write and the artist? I know that he worked with a partner on Spriggan, but there aren't any infos for the new ones. I really love the UDDUP art.
    And I'm glad you're pushing Seinen so much forward at MH, thank you

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, Takashige Hiroshi is only the writer. The artists vary. Minagawa Ryouji is the artist for Spriggan. Double-S is the artist for Until Death Do Us Part. And Soga Atsushi is the artist for Verdant Lord.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by zindryr
    And Soga Atsushi is the artist for Verdant Lord.
    Oh, that sounds promising

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast