Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 89 Review By Super Angillis

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 89 Review By Super Angillis

Hello everyone. Well I'm fiddling around with adding pictures so lets see how it works out. Please bear with me if it messes up, I'm still new to the pictures buisness.

Claymore Chapter 89: The Impossible Dream- Review

The Players-

Claire- Our lead. Mentioned but not seen.

Dietrich- Exposition should be her middle name. I mean look at her go.

Deneve- She seems to be realizing what must be done. Or she just wanted to take charge for a change.

Helen- She’s had better days. But someone’s having a worse one.

Isley- He turns out to not be as much of a monster as he used to be. Too bad for him.

The Abyssal Eaters- The Organizations latest horrors. Monsters who have lost all humanity, and live only to eat.

Abyssal VS Abyssal Eaters-

Picking up where we left off Isley is fighting against the Abyssal Eaters. But he can no longer regenerate. He kills one by kicking it’s head off, but the others are not letting up. He notes that it’s harder to take their heads than it used to be. And so Isley decides to use his strongest weapon. He makes a Claymore, and vows to finally wipe out all the Abyssal Eaters.
    We get right into the action here. Isley is clearly more than a match for any one Abyssal Eater, but there are more than one. He’s being forced to fight without a chance to recover, and it’s taking it’s toll. I find it both interesting and fitting that the most powerful weapon Isley can make is a Claymore. And his words when he brings it out are interesting too. It seems as though Isley is reluctant to use this weapon. Most likely it’s because it harkens back to his past as a Claymore, before he awakened.

Dietrich Exposits. Again.-

Meanwhile Dietrich is taking questions. Deneve asks if the AE’s have never lost any off there numbers. Dietrich explains that they suffer losses, but if more than half are killed they flee back to the organization, splitting up so Isley can’t track them while they do so. The org then makes more. What truly makes this dangerous is that they can share experience, and keep getting better at fighting Isley. Deneve decides that they had better meet up with Claire’s group and see if they can get Cynthia to fix Helen’s eye. And she realizes something. The three deduce that the org would be able to make AE’s to go after Riful if they had some Flesh. And Helen did chop off some of Riful’s flesh not too long ago. This greatly worries Dietrich. But before they leave, Dietrich realizes that Isley is going to fall.
    Another chapter with Dietrich giving out exposition. Honestly I think she’s a lot like Miria, someone who became suspicious and investigated the Organization. She’s definitely worried about the Organization taking out Riful next, but I’m not sure why. It looks as though this trio will try to meet Claire’s, but I have to wonder if they’ll reach them before Claire gets into trouble, and it’s all over. We also learn that the org can easily make more AE’s and that they share experience. This is a very very bad thing.

The Impossible Dream.-

Back at the fight Isley has taken out four more AE’s, but falls down. His attempt to kill one more and make them retreat fails. Isley laments how much it sucks to have been constantly hounded by the AE’s. As the AE’s begin to eat him alive, Isley reflects on how he could have wiped the Org out with Priscilla, and that had been his intent. But something changed because of Priscilla and Raki. As he dies Isley wishes that he could have had that family a little longer, even if he knew it was doomed to fall apart.
    Isley meets his end in a way that is both gruesome, and poignant. We find that Isley had begun to value Raki and Priscilla as family. And that is why he never destroyed his enemies. Ironically in becoming more human he made himself more vulnerable. And as a result was killed. I do have to wonder though, if the Organization has thought everything through. Now that Isley is gone, what will happen when these AE’s get hungry?
    The Organization isn’t Messing Around Anymore.-

Back at Organization HQ, Rimuto gets a report on Dietrich’s hunting party. Rimuto notes that mysterious parties are turning up a lot lately. He asks Rubel if he knows anything, but Rubel claims ignorance, and changes the subject. Rubel says that their prime concern should be finding Renee. Rimuto reveals that they have already sent out AE’s for finding Riful, But just to find her. With Isley gone, Alicia and Beth are being dispatched.
    The org seems to be getting a bit suspicious of Rubel in my opinion. But they’re moving fast now. Without the threat of the third Abyssal wiping them out, the Org plans to take Riful down. I have to wonder how that will go though. Isley is absolutely right that they need to get Renee away from Riful. But even he can’t imagine that the Sisters have fused, and that Riful is waking that up. And Claire, Cynthia and Yuma are going to be right in the middle of that.
    In Conclusion-
    A lot of people complained about this chapter when the spoiler first appeared. Reading it has settled a lot of them, but not all. The complaint is that the way Isley died was anticlimactic and lacked drama. That the AE were a Dues Ex Machina that came out of nowhere. I disagree. The AE are a weapon the org developed. And we have known for a while that the Org is always working on new weapons.
    Winners of the month-
    The Abyssal Eaters. They finally got to eat their fill.
    Last edited by Super Angillis; March 04, 2009 at 03:18 PM.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 89 Review By Super Angillis

Thanks for clearing those two point for me

Good review, a really good read
    I wonder what will Claire or Miria, for that fact, do when they learn of what will happen to Riful?, will they help her or abandon the idea of allying with her to defeat the hunters and the top claymores?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    That the AE were a Dues Ex Machina that came out of nowhere. I disagree. The AE are a weapon the org developed. And we have known for a while that the Org is always working on new weapons.
    Practically, they did "come out of nowhere." The brilliant, golden strategist, Isley, wasn't able to appropriately foresee the incorporation of awakened tissue in (ironically, I guess this means it was the first time such an experiment was tried, even though opportunities have repeatedly presented themselves) the hybridization process. Hell, none of the former claymores or other abyssal ones did either. I'm sure some of us were always curious about the possibility of using awakened tissue, but I generally figured that the organization didn't want to tread that path for various reasons, such as failed experiments in earlier times. It's also a relatively recent development. Compared to the duration of the org, 7 years isn't really a long time. It has also been repeatedly implied that the organization ultimately doesn't care about what happens to the continent or its inhabitants. After the completion of the twins, the culmination of their earlier experiments (implying further experimentation would be unnecessary), it would seem surprising that the org would be considerate enough to clean up their messes. Finally, Rubel made no indication of the existence of the abyssal feeders to Clare's group, when such information could have resulted in the org's weakening (if the ghosts revealed half the secrets they know to the inhabitants, the org would have a serious revolution on their hands. Most of the claymores would probably desert if they were asked to kill massive numbers of humans. Meanwhile, neither we nor the org have any idea how such an order could impact the twins and the fragile soul link).

@sarry
    What two points are you talking about?
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner melvo 17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

damn priscilla should have stayed wit isley.he shouldnt have drove her away.she could kill those bitches abyss feeders easilly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if she wouldn't/couldn't kill all of them....

the question is whether eventually the AFs/AEs/"Demons" would be able to take down Priscilla by attrition and their unique soul-link-versioned-ability of becoming more knowledgable about their opponent (like they did with and to Isley, eventually killing/eating him) or not

if they can, it definately would take them a much much much much longer time to wear down Priscilla's massive power amount compared to how long it took them to wear down Isley's "small" (lol) power amount.

(Isley had held off them for at least a year. Raki and Priscilla-?-lol showed up in Rabona holy city on the 6th year of the 7 year time gap and raki chatted with his old friends cid and galk, whom would tell this to clare when she and the other 6 ghosts arrived a year later killing agatha. so, this explains the accuracy of me stating that isley had held them off for at least a year. so maybe Priscilla might take let's say 10 years for the AFs/AEs/"Demons" to wear priscilla down and kill/eat her, that is, if they can avoid being wiped out all at once by her in order to be able to keep coming back at her)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 02, 2010 at 12:21 AM.

New Reply