Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Claire meets Priscilla again-Whats going to happen?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Priss kills Helen and Deneve

4 26.67%
  • Claire Awakens

6 40.00%
  • Priss saves them

4 26.67%
  • Priss kills Claire

0 0%
  • Claire kills Priss

0 0%
  • They decide to be friends

1 6.67%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore Chapter 99 Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Chapter 99 Review

Before I begin the review, I must apologize for the lack of pictures this month. I had a computer crash, and am still having trouble uploading pictures. If I can, I'll go back and add them later. But now for the review.
    Claymore Chapter 99: Craving Flesh and Blood-Review

The Players- Claire, our heroine. She's a bit distracted, and about to get more so, but she still saves Helen and Deneve.
    Riful and Dauf- Well it was nice knowing them.
    Priscilla- Claire's nemesis, who may not know she exists. Has decided to firmly establish her threat level in the Manga.

Well, we don't get any answer to last month's question. We don't see any sign of Cynthia and Yuma this month. But here are the results. Absolutely nobody feels their will be any awakening going on. Two people feel that Cynthia will die, or that both will die. Pessimists. Four of you want Galatea to save them. Five of you are really optimistic, and want them to power up. And eight is the number, no more no less, who want to see Yuma succeed.
    In Order to Remember-
    We open with Priscilla reminiscing about how she had met Raki, and his smell caused her memories to begin returning. How she kept herself from feeding so her memories would come back. And now they have. Returning to the present, Priscilla begins to walk away from the remains of the twins, but Beth still has enough life left in her to shoot out some parasitic rods. Priscilla just ejects them out of her body. And then she leaves.
    We continue following Priscilla, and get some back story. Seems that Raki's scent was helping to jog her memory, so she followed him, and didn't eat in order to get her memory back. Unfortunately now that it's back, she seems to have reverted to her standard issue, arrogant callous AB personality. I hope that she will have some more depth than that. Speaking of lack of depth, I'm also disappointed that her explanation of how she resists the rods as just being, “I'm too strong.”

Superpredator-
    As to where Priscilla is going, she's going to see Riful. Dauf tries to threaten Priscilla in order to protect Riful. Sadly his threatening to rip off Priscilla's limbs and tear out her guts just inspires Priscilla to do it to him first. And then Priscilla rams a hand through Riful's stomach, and sends Blades all throughout her body. Seems she's still hungry.
    Poor Riful. I honestly cannot remember seeing a character get so many hope spots. She menages to survive the Abyssal Eaters, Alicia, and getting hit by the Destroyer's spears. But I don't see her surviving this, and from the sounds of things Priscilla might just be eating her to boot. Dauf may make it out of this alive, and will want revenge on Priscilla, but really what can he do?

The Enemy Appears Before Her-
    As for Claire, she can vaguely sense Priscilla's Yoki despite the massive aura the Destroyer is giving off. But she still has the presence of mind to guide Helen and Denve in avoiding the spears the Destroyer is shooting. And then she realizes who she's sensing, and starts really releasing her Yoki. And then Priscilla appears before her....
    Ho, boy, now I really have to worry about Helen and Deneve. If Priscilla is still hungry, or just feels like killing, they are dead. And if Claire attacks, she may well kill them. Oh and Claire will not be rational where Priscilla is concerned, and could awaken. Not to mention the Destroyer... I don't think that the cast was in this much danger in Pieta! If Miria and the others show up, they won't so much be the Calvary, as adding to who's in mortal danger. It seems like Yagi might feel like pruning down the cast some. Of course I really hope all the ghosts survive.
    Winner of the Month- Priscilla again. She seems to be on a streak, and I don't see it breaking anytime soon.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore Chapter 99 Review

I was thinking what Priscilla's real focus is and like others, can't really figure it out. It seems most likely that Pris is following Clare's (Teresa's?) scent. She is taking the scenic route though by going to all the strong AB's in the area and having a power lunch. Does she feel the need to powerup for her battle with the Destroyer? or does she need it because she expects to be battling Teresa?

If it is the 2nd option, they are doomed.

If it is the first option, as long as the ghosts don't do anything to her they may be fine. Yeah right! Clare won't be rational in this situation. On the other hand if Clare dies... I guess the manga is over, pretty much.

Overall, I still think something unexpected will come from the meeting between Clare and Priscilla.

For the poll, options 2 and 3 are most likely and 1 is definitely a possibility. Options 4,5 & 6 are right out as neither Claire nor Priscilla will die in this chapter and I can't see them becoming friends. Maybe she will tell Claire that if she wants to see Raki she has to go to that village they were at?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about it, it may still depend on how much she retains her hatred of Yoma and awakened biengs, and if any of her Claymore or child personalities is present. If she has her hatred of awakened biengs Priscilla would have gone and stopped to kill/eat some. If some of her nicer selves are exerting influence, they may hold her back from killing Claire and the others (But considering the villigers...). And as we saw from what what happened when Irene, Noel, and Sophia attacked her, if they attack she will kill them. And that might be the worst case scenario. Claire might live, but she'll have the deaths of Helen and Deneve on her conciense, and I'm not sure she'd be able to handle that.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not sure what to make of Priscilla....

possible Claymore Priscilla's "I HATE yoma" mentality/personality:

1. she is killing/attacking arguably all yomas. hellcat(s), ~Beth, ~Alicia, Dauf, Riful, and possibly is on her way to the Destroyer (and just happens to be approaching Clare, Deneve, and Helen).

2. she didn't kill/eat Raki. (But she did kill/eat all the human inhabitants of Ticheri....)

3. She did give Beth a chance to walk away alive... (she showed the same restraint when she first awakened too after killing Teresa with Irene, Sophia, and Noel. she only attacked/killed them AFTER they attacked her)

highly probable AO Priscilla's mentality/personality + with her returned near full memories of her entire life and events):

1. ate all the human inhabitants of Ticheri. (but for whatever reason Raki wasn't one of them).

2. very snobbish, arrogant, mocking, and cruel to Alicia+Beth and Dauf+Riful.

3. manga hasn't shown her to have any interest in Raki anymore. he seems totally forgotten now. she did separate/abandon from raki, obviously.

4. she (yes, hungrily) directly went to Beth, Dauf+Riful, and now Clare+Deneve+Helen. She specifically targeted Beth and Dauf+Riful. We don't know yet if she is targetting Clare-Teresa or if they (Clare+Helen+Deneve) were merely on her way to targetting the Destroyer.

HOWEVER, Priscilla did talk about that scent/smell... I hardly think the "scent/smell" is related to the Destroyer. So it must be Clare's (well Teresa's) scent/smell.

"Conclusion":

it's really hard to say, what "mindset" Priscilla is in. Though, I'm strongly leaning that it is indeed her AO Priscilla, whom is even more dangerous now having nearly all her memories back... (she remembered Alicia+Beth and targetted them. she remembered Riful and targetted her)... Now is she remembering Teresa and targetting Clare...????
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 12, 2010 at 06:08 PM.

New Reply