Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The most anticipated fight in anime/manga history?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The most anticipated fight in anime/manga history?

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    This is indeed the fight that i most look forward .o, and i hope that Kishi gives everything to make this fight the best ever ! Lately the fights lack "unpredictability" so i hope that Kishi starts using more again this that was what made most of us fall in love for the battles of Naruto back in Part I.
    Co-signed. All my expectations are on the anticipated Naruto vs. Sasuke fight so I don't even care how Tobi Madara will be defeated (if he will). My selfish desire is that the fight will happen in the same place the two fought in the end of Part I.
    Last edited by Asarii; July 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: oops, he's not Tobi anymore

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to Naruto vs. Sasuke, SHP vs. Blackbeard crew, and Zoro vs. Mihawk, I also wanna see Naruto and Sasuke vs. some fuckin strong opponent. They're epic as a team, and it needs to be shown again for old time's sake.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Shinichi vs. Black Organization from Detective Conan though, that should be pretty awesome. I can't remember anything else. D:

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk: As a lot of people already mentioned, Guts vs. Griffith

This fight will be epic, fierce and emotional

Naruto:Naruto vs. Sasuke

The fight I'm most looking forward to, together with the Berserk one. I just hope Kishi will do the same great job he did back then with their first big fight.

Ao no Exorcist: Rin vs. Satan (if it will ever happen)

Vinland Saga:Thorfinn vs. Canute

If there's someone who can beat some sense into Canute, it's him. If this fight happens, I hope it will focus on a both physical and psychological level

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Vinland Saga:Thorfinn vs. Canute

If there's someone who can beat some sense into Canute, it's him. If this fight happens, I hope it will focus on a both physical and psychological level
    Based on the latest chapter, that's definitely something that can indeed happening, though we can't even compare their skills, cuz for me Thorfinn is clearly a lot stronger, but at the same time we know that Thorfinn is being struggling inside to found his own road, and his skill fights aren't prolly as strong as they were, so this fight might turn to be a bit more difficult than what the expectable.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If a Thorfinn vs. Canute fight will happen, it'll be interesting because it won't be the standard 1 on 1 battle. They'll both be fighting something from within.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the thread says Anime/Manga history:

I will comment on my own experiences:

5.- Seiya *And other Saints* vs Zeus:
    All Saint Seiya fans know Kurumada intended this to happen before the manga was cancelled, hopefully Kurumada does it.. Fast!

4.- Straw Hats vs Blackbeard Pirates:
    To tell the truth I am not that hyped.. In fact I will go as far to say that I don't really like the battles in ONE PIECE, but I like the story a lot, hopefully Oda builds up more on this, I am far more interested in say.. The secret history, poneglyphs and Tenryubitos, I like conspiracy theories a lot so I hope Tenryubitos are a kiss-on-check reference to Illuminatis/Rothschild/Rockefeller/Secret Society but I highly doubt it.
    As for a battle I would like to see is Luffy vs Coby.

3.-Naruto vs Sasuke:
    I used to be hyped for this a long time ago, now I don't really read Naruto anymore, but I look forward to reading it .
    I was hyped for Sasuke vs Itachi too.

2.-Ash vs Gary:
    It says ANIME too, right?
    Well, this was one battle I wanted to see since the first episode, Gary was always one step ahead of Ash, I wanted to see an official battle between these guys.. And then it happend like 200 or so episodes later. It was a blast!

1.-Goku vs ...:
    I don't know if it was because I was a child but I was hyped as fuck whenever Goku was gonna fight with someone, i.e. the first Jackie Chun fight I was like "Goku vs Master Roshi!!", then against his Grandpa "Woow!!", I was very hyped when he was gonna fought Tao Pai Pai, but I think the peak of my hype was when he fought Piccolo Dai Maoh (Father), I remember this part where he takes Ten Shin Han as a hostage and throws rocks at Goku!! I was so like "Damn!" and I don´t want to spoil but the ending of that battle was EPIC beyond words!! I remember clearly how I was making the
    Spoiler show

I know Dragon Ball battles (Especially the first Dragon Ball not Z) battles weren´t as hyped as the ones in current mangas which tend to buil-up since the beginning or middle of the manga. I.e. Rin vs Satan in Blue Exorcist, Sasuke vs Itachi in NARUTO, Ichigo vs Aizen in BLEACH, because Dragon Ball akin to ONE PIECE was about arcs with a main villians so there weren´t many chapters to set-up the fights but boy did I enjoy them!
    Last edited by perroloco; August 01, 2011 at 02:56 PM.

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    If a Thorfinn vs. Canute fight will happen, it'll be interesting because it won't be the standard 1 on 1 battle. They'll both be fighting something from within.
    That's exactly why I would love to see this fight!

Now that Hunter x Hunter is going to resume...

Gon vs. The King: If this fight is going to happen, I hope Gon will influence the King even more as Netero did. I could very well imagine a mutual understanding at the end, I wouldn't even mind if The King is going to survive when he accepts the other races.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Since al my most anticipated battles have been mentioned, I'll go with ones I haven't seen stated on this page:

Musashi vs Kojiro: When Inoue does come back and finally gets to this battle it WILL be amazing, not only because of his story telling skills but I'm also looking forward to the beauty of his art, highlighted by Kojiro's elegant fighting style.

Kurono vs Iva Guund(Pretty Boy Alien): It's kind of a long shot seeing everything else that is going and the likehood of this happening depends on what happens to the rest of the Gantz team but I think Iva would like to avenge the death of his brother at the hands of Kurono and I'd like to see his fighting abilities showcased again against Kurono's unwavering spirit.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that i am close on catching up with Berserk, i have to say that i really want to see Guts vs Griffith.
    Definitely one of the fights that i most look forward, though it probably won't happen this soon, thought i still don't have really that idea since i am only at volume 32.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm anticipating the Strawhats vs Blackbeard Pirates fight as well as the Luffy vs Akainu fight. (At the same time, however, I'm also not looking forward to it because it would mean that the manga is coming to a close. )

What I love about ONE PIECE is that although I know that these two events will occur in the future, I don't know exactly when or in which order it's going to happen. I think a three-way battle would be really cool to see. All I'm hoping for is that it would exceed the excitement and the adrenaline rush of the Marineford Arc.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also definitely waiting for those two big fights in One Piece. It is going to be epic, and I am pumped how will the finale build up to those fights. I also agree that I am waiting for Vagabond's final fights, and considering artistic talent that Inoue has, I am expecting the battle would be wonderfully done.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its kind of funny coming to this thread and seeing how in its first creation some of the figths proposed have yet to happen.

I would really love to see a Naruto v Sasuke fight but current plot would make it a bit odd unless Kage can be decided that way.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Guts vs Zodd more than Guts vs Griffith.
    I would also like to see Hayato vs Saiga.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4