Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 311 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk 311 Discussion

Chapter is out, you can get it here

Thanks to Raw Paradise

Next episode in Young Animal #5, on sale 2/26!
    Last edited by xi0; February 09, 2010 at 04:10 AM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 311 Discussion

HMMMM Could anyone upload this elsewhere i have problems trying to download it from Hotfile Also any news on the next release (Sad that's the first thing i'm intrested in )

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    HMMMM Could anyone upload this elsewhere i have problems trying to download it from Hotfile Also any news on the next release (Sad that's the first thing i'm intrested in )
    Lemme take a look at the raw and let you know.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Chapter is on 2.26. They're off the ship!!!!!! Elfheim? soon? I wish!!!!!!
    Last edited by maaseru; February 08, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter was awesome because

Spoiler show

seriously, its been ages now

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

so finally guts and company reach elfhelm island although i must admit its not how i had pictured the island.

i had imagined this huge island swarming with wizards and elfs but this seems to be pretty much in ruins although the inhabitants of the island must have kept this illusion in order to ward off uninvited guests.

next chapter should be full of information and stuff. i am rather surprised (and happy) that the pirates fight ended this soon i was thinking it would take the end of this chapter but i am glad that miura finished it off and moved quickly to the island
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ameya730 View Post
    so finally guts and company reach elfhelm island although i must admit its not how i had pictured the island.
    Elfhelm? I wouldn't be so sure.

Judging by the modest introduction, this place is little more than a waypoint on the journey. It's likely Roderick came ashore to let the crew stretch their legs, and allow any damage sustained by the ship to be repaired.

When Elfhelm does eventually make its entrance, I expect Miura will give it the same grandiose treatment he gave Falconia (and given its importance, I'd be disappointed with anything less).

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    Elfhelm? I wouldn't be so sure.

Judging by the modest introduction, this place is little more than a waypoint on the journey. It's likely Roderick came ashore to let the crew stretch their legs, and allow any damage sustained by the ship to be repaired.

When Elfhelm does eventually make its entrance, I expect Miura will give it the same grandiose treatment he gave Falconia (and given its importance, I'd be disappointed with anything less).
    Well first off, I'm guessing Elfhelm isn't an Island itself, since it's been stated it's on the Island of Skellig. So they could have landed on Skellig, but have a hike before even reaching Elfhelm.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk is getting interesting again with this chapter after some time.. Now we prrobably saw only prelude to Elfheim. It looks like story will finally go forward. Damn.. I hope there will be no more sea travelling in this manga- and elf king will somehow "teleport" them out of the island without getting on this boat again Im wondering what is that thing from the last page???

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Well first off, I'm guessing Elfhelm isn't an Island itself, since it's been stated it's on the Island of Skellig. So they could have landed on Skellig, but have a hike before even reaching Elfhelm.
    Fair point—I hope you're right, actually. However, is Skellig itself not deserving of a grand entrance, as opposed to the rather understated one it (may have) received in this episode?

Remember, Skellig is (was) a mystical island, situated upon the Interstice and imperceptible to ordinary humans. It's populated by mythical creatures and powerful mages, and is the last bastion of elvenkind. I just have a hard time believing this dull, little hamlet could be part of such a place, and that we'd receive such a low-key introduction to the island itself.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Im wondering what is that thing from the last page???
    The mother of all incubi... maybe?

Spoiler show

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    Fair point—I hope you're right, actually. However, is Skellig itself not deserving of a grand entrance, as opposed to the rather understated one it (may have) received in this episode?

Remember, Skellig is (was) a mystical island, situated upon the Interstice and imperceptible to ordinary humans. It's populated by mythical creatures and powerful mages, and is the last bastion of elvenkind. I just have a hard time believing this dull, little hamlet could be part of such a place, and that we'd receive such a low-key introduction to the island itself.
    You could be right, but maybe the whole point of making it's introduction as low-key as possible (that girl looked odd, and wtf is that thing on the last page right?) is to protect Elfhelm.

Plus maybe the Island went under a transformation due to the merging of the planes...the villagers killed off by the mythical beasts that inhabited Skellig since the beginning.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

You could be right, but maybe the whole point of making it's introduction as low-key as possible (that girl looked odd, and wtf is that thing on the last page right?) is to protect Elfhelm.
    I can see what you're getting at, but still, would the characters themselves not gaze and gasp in amazement upon seeing the island of Skellig on the horizon? You know, something like...

Puck: Behold! The land of mine home! I hath returned!
    Isidro: Guts, come quick! We're here!
    Guts: At last.
    Caska: Durr...

It's not just the village itself, but the way in which Miura presented the whole thing pre-landing—it was... kind of undramatic, don't you think?

Plus maybe the Island went under a transformation due to the merging of the planes...the villagers killed off by the mythical beasts that inhabited Skellig since the beginning.
    Hell, I hope not. It wouldn't bode well for Elfhelm if mythical creatures, crazed by the astral wave, had decimated the coastal towns of Skellig. Besides, I didn't see any destroyed buildings or such in this episode... I guess we'll know the situation for sure when EG release in a couple of days.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that that's an island inhabited by monsters.

Like it's an island where the people are forced to serve a demon/monster etc. When guts and co kill it/them they go to elfheim.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Im wondering what is that thing from the last page???
    Well with my pitiful translation skills I've deduced that it might be a "sea-god apostle." Both Gattsu and sheirke sense something strange when they reach the island, and the girl who talks to isidro says something about a "sea-god."

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanamechidori View Post
    I think that that's an island inhabited by monsters. [...] Like it's an island where the people are forced to serve a demon/monster etc. When guts and co kill it/them they go to elfheim.
    Yeah. Seems the village is being terrorised by a beast of some sort, and the villagers, in turn, have begun to offer tribute—fish, gathered by the girl—as appeasement.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingLimb View Post
    Well with my pitiful translation skills I've deduced that it might be a "sea-god apostle." Both Gattsu and sheirke sense something strange when they reach the island, and the girl who talks to isidro says something about a "sea-god."
    So you read the word(s) "sea god", but not "apostle"? If so, the creature may simply be an evil spirit of some description, since Guts can detect, not only apostles but evil itself (amongst other things) through the brand.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast