Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Do the data books reflect the actual strength of characters?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 14.04%
  • No

21 36.84%
  • Sometimes

28 49.12%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Characters and their data book stats...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner uekipheonix's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Characters and their data book stats...

Well tbh, Kakuzu's strength is over rated imo.
    Just like Delbi stated, when it comes to kakashi vs Kakuzu, Kakashi was simply under the pressure of protecting his students. Plus one fight cant determine anything about battle stats, its amazing how long this argument went on, xD

the stats whould be x / 100 , so that it is more easy to compare, x / 5 is just too hard to make comparisons ( like the itachi and kurenai thing )

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member YamFrie's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually Kakuzu was using that iron-skin technique that gave him superhuman strenght, so 4 is ok...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just went trhough kakshi’s fight against kakuzu, and here’s some conclusions: not once kakuzu beat kakashi in taijutsu, also not once kakuzu’s reflexes or body speed proved to be higher than kakashi’s, and again, not once kakuzu’s body strength was shown to be higher than asuma’s. kakuzu used a technique to harden his body, but that wasn’t his true body strength, and when kakashi said “fast” was referring to kakuzu’s strings, which are also one of his techniques. Do not mix one’s own capacities with his techniques or the effects they have on their bodies. Plus, you praise kakuzu so much, HE WAS KILLED TWICE before team 7 arrived, kakashi can’t afford that luxury! The only one that matched kakashi in taijutsu was hidan, and the databook rates them equally. Another thing, if kakashi was that weak why did nagato sent shuradou pain to help tendou pain against kakashi?
    About kurenai having 5 in genjutsu as itachi, we saw kurenai breaking itachis genjutsu herself, that proves she’s very capable at it, and before someone says that sasuke broke free of tsukyomi and he only has 4 in genjutsu, sasuke broke free because he raised his chakra with the seal, not due to genjutsu knowledge.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_ni View Post
    I’ve just went trhough kakshi’s fight against kakuzu, and here’s some conclusions: not once kakuzu beat kakashi in taijutsu, also not once kakuzu’s reflexes or body speed proved to be higher than kakashi’s, and again, not once kakuzu’s body strength was shown to be higher than asuma’s. kakuzu used a technique to harden his body, but that wasn’t his true body strength, and when kakashi said “fast” was referring to kakuzu’s strings, which are also one of his techniques. Do not mix one’s own capacities with his techniques or the effects they have on their bodies. Plus, you praise kakuzu so much, HE WAS KILLED TWICE before team 7 arrived, kakashi can’t afford that luxury! The only one that matched kakashi in taijutsu was hidan, and the databook rates them equally. Another thing, if kakashi was that weak why did nagato sent shuradou pain to help tendou pain against kakashi?
    About kurenai having 5 in genjutsu as itachi, we saw kurenai breaking itachis genjutsu herself, that proves she’s very capable at it, and before someone says that sasuke broke free of tsukyomi and he only has 4 in genjutsu, sasuke broke free because he raised his chakra with the seal, not due to genjutsu knowledge.
    Agree with everything you said, but Sasuke apprently broke Tsykuiyomi thanks to how strong his Sharigan was and his normal chakra/hatred. He only activated his CS in the illusion, not in real time.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Stats are really representative of the character's strength, at least most of the time. Although, do not forget that things such as Sage mode isnt accounted in the base stats of Naruto for instance, same goes for Kakazu's hardening jutsu and the Sharingan/MS

These kind of jutsu are accounted in the character's ninjutsu stats but will not affect any other stats until it is used. Databook stats are the base stats of a character.

I think stats are right overall and can be used to see a character's strength.

Look at all the akatsuki members, look at Jiraiya, Oro Tsunade and Itachi.

those 4 are all on top of the league and i dont think any1 can deny that they are the strongest ninjas that there was.

And yes, as for the Kurenai argument, yeah she did brake the genjutsu it seems but she still suffered damage from it.

They do both have 5 in genjutsu but perhaps Itachi's genjutsu is passed 5 and could be considered a 10 while Kurenai's isnt passed the limit.

There was a gap between the 2 and it was obviously, Itachi is able to put her in a genjutsu while she cant, he cant suffer dmg while she can, he cleary outskill her even if its her fighting style, while Itachi masters genjutsu like no other as well as Ninjutsu while the MS isnt even counted in the stats just like sage mode isnt.

From what i know / heard, stats are representing the potential of the character, for instance, Itachi is considered a genius because he is strong but also because he has achieved 35.5/40 of his potential (with a decease) which ties Oro and Jiraiya which are both 30 years older than him.

Stats dont mean everything but from what we have seen so far in the manga, Databook stats didnt lie about the character's strength.

And we need to not forget, I.Q plays an extremely important part of some1's arsenal. U can have the chakra and the physical strength, but if ur dumb as fuck u wont be able to put it to use.

As Shikamaru has showed, he outplayed Hidan even tho he didnt have much of an arsenal.

Shikamaru would outplay ppl like these which arent the smartest genius ever, tho he would get outplayed by ppl like Itachi since he is just as smart but also has a complete set of arsenal.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; April 12, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I find some of the information confusing between reading the data book and the manga. The databooks give stats and the manga shows them in a different way.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kangclaw View Post
    I find some of the information confusing between reading the data book and the manga. The databooks give stats and the manga shows them in a different way.
    Which examples of this trouble you the most?

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member e-dog's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    If you ask me those stats are not ment to show which character is the strongest. They are only there so that people can compare simple things like "would Kiba be fast enough to keep up with Kakashi?". For this purpose they are quite accurate and there's nothing wrong with them.

They dont take into account individual abilities, which are the most important point when it comes to actual power in combat.
    Exactly like this dude said. It's the same as 2 guys being as strong in a boxing competition, you can compare how much energy they can generate with each punch but its the way they use that power that will determine the winner. At least that's how I see it.
    However, I do think that "Intelligence" in the databooks is very very important, probably the most important stat, since it rules how a shinobi will use all other stats.
    I see it like this:
    The stats are the capabilities of the vessel that the shinbi's "will/consciousness (Or whatever u wanna call it)" steers.
    It's how that "will" (Intelligence/experience/personality/fears etc.) drives/steers the vessel that determines the outcome of a battle.

IT--
    Last edited by e-dog; April 12, 2010 at 08:04 PM.

http://fc70.deviantart.com/fs39/f/2008/316/8/5/Tribute_to_Uchiha_Itachi_by_sadekgeidan.jpg

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e-dog View Post
    Exactly like this dude said. It's the same as 2 guys being as strong in a boxing competition, you can compare how much energy they can generate with each punch but its the way they use that power that will determine the winner. At least that's how I see it.
    However, I do think that "Intelligence" in the databooks is very very important, probably the most important stat, since it rules how a shinobi will use all other stats.
    I see it like this:
    The stats are the capabilities of the vessel that the shinbi's "will/consciousness (Or whatever u wanna call it)" steers.
    It's how that "will" (Intelligence/experience/personality/fears etc.) drives/steers the vessel that determines the outcome of a battle.

IT--
    Very true, however the true stat which makes Naruto & Sasuke greater than the rest, is the 5 they both have in plot importance. So powerful, that Itachi, Pain, Kakuzu and Danzou are all reduced to sacrificial fodder, to show our lovable characters growth.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2