Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Vol. 21 (chap. 170-178) discussions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kravmaga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 170 Discussion / 171 Predictions

Alright.
    I just saw a whole bunch of awesome things like the possibility of seeing two natsus (natsi?) on the same panel, perfume guy being a dragon rider, lisana confirming most predictions, lucy totally being into natsu, FT being a dark guild, adult wendy...
    But I forgot all of it as soon as I saw EVIL ERZA!!!!
    Amagats! This is me typing on ym keuybaord wihlwe spewing white foam/! Rawr! o.0

Ahem.
    Yes, I look forward to the next cha...EVIL ERZA!! ...chapter.
    "Old mangas never die. They just end up as jump square specials." -Kagura Yato

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I think Natsu may have originated from Edoras after all.

In Chapter 132 and 133, when Natsu first heard Wendy's name, he had a sense of deja vu in that he felt that he had heard this name before: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/133/06/

In Chpt 170, the members of Fairy Tail behaved as if Natsu had disappeared for a long time. And remember that Natsu was found as a kid in the forest by Igneel; so his origins is unknown.

I guess in view of these, a reasonable conclusion will be that Natsu came to Earthland when he was a kid and he could not remember much from Edoras.

This is just a theory though :

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went through the chapter again. Lucy wasn't the only extra violent, cussing girl. Levy did her fair share too. They didn't seem to get along at all! Oh noes!

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, it actually ticks me off a little now. there odds of this alternate Fairy Tail being the good guys for this arc (even though they're a dark guild) are about nine......... out of eight. But the previous chapter ended with them looking like nasty punks about to beat the crap out of Natsu, then suddenly Lucy goes "Oh, it's you! Hugs! Now I'm going to give you a noogie!" What was up with that?!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF was that really Wendy

I really want to know for how long time the Natsu form edoras hasn't been seen in the guild in Edoras if it's 7 or more years Natsu could be from Edoras but if he was gone for year or something like that then he isn't from Edoras
    Last edited by jacke12; January 30, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dlth's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It was logical they were not the real FT imo; it was not to see dark erza.
    Now I'm wondering if is there an other zeref on edoras too and what kind of role has he there.
    Last edited by dlth; January 30, 2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: wrong word

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Unlucky Boy's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think it's possible that Natsu is the Natsu Edoras' FT guys know. He was too young when Igneel found him on Earthland, I think Mira even said once that Igneel taught him how to speak. There's no way he was in a guild while being so young, and no way for Lucy and the others to remember him. Not to mention he didnt have the FT tatoo when Igneel found him.

I was thinking at first that maybe their Natsu died 2 years ago instead of Lissana, but it's strange that no one knows that...so I guess if this king is so interested in the Earthland's dragon slayers he might had wanted to experiment on his world's versions as well (Maybe he even used the power of some of them to cast Anima). So it is possible that the other Natsu is being a prisoner or something at the capital.
    Unless Mashima is going for a really big twist and the other Natsu is actually the king well almost anything is possible...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It would suck if Natsu is from Edoras since then the big question would be where is Earth Natsu?

This is a parallel world, the characters in them have never seen themselves in the alternative world and I'm quite sure that Dragons will not play a big role in this either. I'm still waiting for Gazille to arrive, Earth Gazille.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Well atealst FT is a Dark Guild

Anyways, it doesnt make sense if our Natsu is from Edoras, since he is a dragon Slayer like Wendy for example.

Well, my bet is that Makarov is the King.

Edit: Hmm, I think story writer is using the idea of "The Fifth Dimension", where every different choice spawns its own World. IF that is true i assume one thing didnt happen on Edoras - Zeref.

So i have number of assumptions:
    1) Gray's parents haven't died and he isn't ice mage at all.
    2) Lisana is alive and that leads to the fact that it was Zerefs fault she died on Earthland.
    3) Wendy is older, that leads to the idea that DS magic slows aging, and that leads us to the idea that there are no Dragon Slayers on Edoras, which leads us to the idea that Dragons and Zeref are related
    4) There was no Tower of Paradise that explains how Gerard from Edoras was Good and Erza became an a**
    5) Elfman would be a wimp if Lisana wouldn't have died lol

Or maybe Zeref was destroyed on Edoras which lead to Edoras current state, whereas on Earth he was sealed... Who knows, who knows... Story writer ofc...
    Last edited by Sollum; January 30, 2010 at 09:47 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post

Anyways, it doesnt make sense if our Natsu is from Edoras, since he is a dragon Slayer like Wendy for example.

Edit: Hmm, I think story writer is using the idea of "The Fifth Dimension", where every different choice spawns its own World. IF that is true i assume one thing didnt happen on Edoras - Zeref.

2) Lisana is alive and that leads to the fact that it was Zerefs fault she died on Earthland.
    3) Wendy is older, that leads to the idea that DS magic slows aging, and that leads us to the idea that there are no Dragon Slayers on Edoras, which leads us to the idea that Dragons and Zeref are related
    4) There was no Tower of Paradise that explains how Gerard from Edoras was Good and Erza became an a**

Or maybe Zeref was destroyed on Edoras which lead to Edoras current state, whereas on Earth he was sealed... Who knows, who knows... Story writer ofc...
    wow, really nice theories. However, for number 3, we get flashbacks of natsu first joining fairy tail and he appears to be as young as the other guys, which suggests that his outward appearance ages at the same rate as a non-DS magic mage, so wendy being older can't be explained by an absence of dragon slayer magic.

Gray not wanting to remove his clothes can be linked back to tthe mage who taught him ice magic (forgot her name). What if for some reason he wasn't taught by her? Which would mean that he wouldn't want to shed his clothes and may not be an ice mage at all. However, this alternate world will likely leave a lot of questions which mashima will most likely not answer. For example:
    If Mistgun isn't present in this world, how did fairy tail beat Phantom Lord?

Wendy is in the guild, which suggests that the oracien seis events occured in this alternate world, and we know that gerard wouldn't have been present to allow natsu to go dragon slayer mode, and so natsu would have lost against zero and nirvana wouldn't have been stopped.

and if the alternate natsu is dead/missing, then mashima will leave so many plot holes it wouldn't even be funny.
    Last edited by abc1233; January 30, 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

As evil and wannabe bad ass as this Edoras Fairy Tail tries to appear I hope they don't let me down and actually step up to the plate and take on the fight. I am hoping that an older/more mature Wendy could show the current/Earth Wendy a thing or two about magic. That is, assuming the Edoras Wendy uses Sky DS(which is very unlikely since Edoras is lacking in magical power, Dragons).
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    However, this alternate world will likely leave a lot of questions which mashima will most likely not answer. For example:
    If Mistgun isn't present in this world, how did fairy tail beat Phantom Lord?

Wendy is in the guild, which suggests that the oracien seis events occured in this alternate world, and we know that gerard wouldn't have been present to allow natsu to go dragon slayer mode, and so natsu would have lost against zero and nirvana wouldn't have been stopped.

and if the alternate natsu is dead/missing, then mashima will leave so many plot holes it wouldn't even be funny.

Not necessarily, since this doesn't have to be a mirror world.

Now if this world is a mirror world or something like that then the Zeref thing is the most intriguing part.

If Zeref never existed then that would indicate that he was behind a lot in Earth world. Some we already know like the Gray part. If Zeref never existed, Deliora would never exist meaning that Gray never lost his parents etc.

It would also explain the plot around Erza and Gérard if Zeref never existed none of them would've been slaves and thus Erza would normally inherit her family name or take it upon herself and she would never get the Scarlet name from Gérard. This would also explain why she didn't join Fairy tail since the old slave was the one who told her about it.

Somebody mentioned the mystery around Lisana being related to zeref and I'm ready to agree with that. I'm sure this world if being a mirror world will be very different because of Zeref's absence though he could be this just king, remember Fairy tail is a dark guild so Erza and that other guy is actually good people following their king...
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope we will see some new powers and types of magic
    coz if lucy is still a spirit mage in edoras its just boring - i hope she will use brute force )
    also if erza is as badass as she was in the real world natsu and all ft members are dead meat UNLESS we will see someone top tier like luxus (friendly luxus lol) coz this two shits jet and droy are weaklings no matter how you look at it
    come to think of it, if all s class mages are alive it would be overkill for ft coz bad gildarts pretty much >>>>>> everyone we have seen
    and there is still possibility of bad makarov O_O
    also would like to know who is the commander of the first squad, he or she must be stronger than erza

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Not necessarily, since this doesn't have to be a mirror world.

Now if this world is a mirror world or something like that then the Zeref thing is the most intriguing part.

If Zeref never existed then that would indicate that he was behind a lot in Earth world. Some we already know like the Gray part. If Zeref never existed, Deliora would never exist meaning that Gray never lost his parents etc.

It would also explain the plot around Erza and Gérard if Zeref never existed none of them would've been slaves and thus Erza would normally inherit her family name or take it upon herself and she would never get the Scarlet name from Gérard. This would also explain why she didn't join Fairy tail since the old slave was the one who told her about it.

Somebody mentioned the mystery around Lisana being related to zeref and I'm ready to agree with that. I'm sure this world if being a mirror world will be very different because of Zeref's absence though he could be this just king, remember Fairy tail is a dark guild so Erza and that other guy is actually good people following their king...
    Good theory but I don't really see a just king taking an innocent guild from another world, implanting the members in a crystal and slowly draining their powers. But meh, maybe it was a last resort so it's still possible. But I would really like to see makarov being the King, that would be an interesting twist. And if Mashima goes down the zeref not existing route then he may very well get away with leaving a few plot holes then and there, because since the start of the manga, zeref has been involved with the events throughout the manga in some shape or form.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Uzbekistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post

I agree with Makarov-king theory. It's fit pretty much.

My thoughts:
    1) There is also exist Natsu - exhibitionist, because Juvia really didn't take off most of her clothes. We will meet him as soon, as events for our heroes will become more troublesome.

2) I mentioned that all DS have some immunity on restrictions of going from one world to another. It really can explain why Natsu could be transported from stellar spirit world and didn't swallowed by Anima.

3) Lachryma - is only a part of Edoras world. That's why Luxus know about Mistgun and I believe that Mistgun also has lachryma cells, because he was able to come in our world; reason in the point above.

I have no idea why Wendy in this world older than in Earthland version. Also why all DS have unknown age and according to Fantasia events they are older than 80. Someone told that DS power slow the process of age progress. It meaningless, because Lucy knew Natsu in Edoras, and if Earthland Natsu greater than 80, so in Edoras Lucy should be basically old hag.
    Last edited by BiteYourself; January 30, 2010 at 04:58 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think the natsu from this world is either dead or captured. Either way, erza did it. I think within the next few chapters natsu will reveal his identity to everyone. I think he will probably scream something along the lines " I don't care whether this is earth land or edoras, I am natsu of fairy tail and I will not let you destroy the guild!!@#$".

I don't think the king is a good guy. certainly fairy tail is nothing but powerful mages but still, why target them? Why not target a dark guild? Certainly a dark guild has as many powerful mages as fairy tail.

New Reply
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast