Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Nurarihyon no Mago: the beginning and my love

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon no Mago: the beginning and my love

Well, I was instantly in love with the one shot. I was kinda happy when it got serialised. But initially I disliked the progression of the manga but as soon as there was a longer arc, I got hooked by Mago.

Did you start reading it instantly? Did someone advice it to you? What's the appealing factor of this manga
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nurarihyon no Mago: the beginning and my love

I didn't start reading Mago until it was around 30 or so chapters in. At first I had never heard of it, and when I finally did find out about it, the summary made me uninterested. It sounded overused and boring. I eventually ran out of other manga to read and started it out of nothing but boredom. Boy, was I surprised when it turned out to be as great as it is. It has easily become one of my favorite manga.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the one shot when it was first scanlated. When serialization was announced I worried that the little boy by day, king of the youkai by night idea would be a silly gimmick. I read chapter one but stopped until about the time chapter 20 came out. Once I caught up I was very impressed and have been enjoying it since. To tell the truth when both were new Double Arts was my favorite of the spring 2008 debuts. Once I was completely caught up with Mago I changed my mind!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner owlish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I came across it around chapter 12. The title piqued my interest, and then perhaps the summary did as well. I remember thinking, "there's tons of half-blooded sons and sons of somebody important, mountains of characters with parent issues... but a grandson? now that's kinda fresh! The only other grandson I can think of is Gindaichi case files..." XD;;;

Instant love when I started reading. Even joined mangahelpers to type out some of the love on-line. <3 (Yes, Nurarihyon no Mago was my sole motivation for joining this site, despite having been a frequent guest of the site for years. Kind of shows how infatuated I became with it. ^^;; )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member predsfan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't quite say it was love at first sight . I read the one-shot, iirc, right before chapter 1 came out to see what it was going to be like, and then read chapter 1. Then, well, I'm sad to say, I kind of forgot about it for a little bit. I think I picked it up again somewhere b/w chapters 15-30. I've loved it ever since, and the deeper the story goes, the more and more I like it.

Oh, one more thing, the art. I absolutely love the art of this series, especially when Shiibashi goes calligraphy style. As the series progresses, the art just continues to impress. Hope the anime does it justice.
    This Post Available in Double Vision [Where Drunk]
    "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I at first didn't read it, my group was doing it but I just left it to graficool and mira, maybe I cleaned a page from time to time, but I didn't follow it nor know what it was about. Then chapter 70 came out, and we were getting closer to our 100th release, and since chapter 70 had a color page, I thought "why not make it our 100th release"? I had to cheat a bit and delete the v1 for some chapters we had a v2 of, but at last we had 99 releases. And then niphredil's computer crashed. We were also releasing Code:Breaker, and there was no way to delete one more release, so I read all 69 chapters in two days, and tried to translate chapter 70 (with my awful japanese skills). But then hai_priesty offered to translate it, and we could release it as our 100th release XD

I think there's no need to say that I loved it XD
    Last edited by unok-kun; February 13, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Same deal as you. Liked the oneshot, didn't like the early chapters but got back in to it once the Gyuuki arc started. As of now it's one of my favorite current running Jump manga.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I came first across the manga when it was in its 18th chapter. I usually don't read too much chapters in a single time, but (I don't recall if I read it or the onsehot first) I sped through them and found that there was something really interesting about the manga, even though it could be seen as something not so new, and I love it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say that I am in love with the series, however I do believe it is a good one with potential to continue to be greater.

I first read it back when I was trying to be current with most WSJ series almost a year ago. I felt that the series has had its fair share of crap chapters, however it did at least get better as it went on. The arcs like the Gyuuki arc, the arc with the Tanuki Youkai, and Kyoto arc have made up for them and made the series worth the read.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Raichu's Avatar
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out about it for the winner of the Art Contest drew it,and it looks kinda cool...

I've came across the manga more than 5 times but I've never tried it since the summary looks really...generic and boring...like shaman king/natsume yuujincho.

I'd give a 7/10 for the one shot...though the first 5 chapters were really boring and didn't caught my attention...seriously,I didn't liked Rikuo in his youth though.
    But after 6-8 chapters,it's beginning to feel fresh and interesting...that I finished all the available chapters(about 100 something) in one day OTL.
    I don't regret reading it and it's probably going to stay in my top 10 list forever!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I read it week-to-week at the beginning until about chapter twenty, and then I got behind and eventually just gave up. Then seeing that it's become more popular, I decided to give it another go a few days ago and just caught up an hour ago.

For me, the series became much more interesting when Rikuo accepted his responsibility as the future Supreme Commander, and then again when he decided to form his own Hyakki Yakkou.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner the_assassin's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

At first, I read the summary some time ago and I was like...Hell no, not another cliche crap. But I came across the manga again last Wednesday, with a bigger cover art. I took a good look at the cover art, and needless to say I fell in love with...the Night Rikuo--that, and the art, was what kept me reading for the first few chapters. Then, it started getting better and better (after the Gyuuki arc, I think, but mostly after the Tamazuki arc) so I just finished all 99 chapters in 2 nights (consequently getting only one hour of sleep before I dragged myself to take a test) and then I RE-READ the whole thing again in two days + chapter 100 so...yeah. Needless to say, I'm so in love with NuraMago right now I'm soooo happy. Finally, something to look forward to from JUMP every week. I mean, Beelzebub is the only other series I'm following but I don't get excited over the updates...But I definitely am excited for NuraMago's new chapters =D

It's been so long since I've been this excited for a series, actually. I've been disappointed with the mangas I used to follow for so long that I gave up on them last month...I mean, I think it's been nearly 2 years. I'm so glad I gave NuraMago a shot.
    Last edited by the_assassin; March 29, 2010 at 04:39 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Akashi-Mugomadou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had heard about this manga, but then I heard it had Youkai and had to start reading. I am loving it and can't wait for new chapters every week. It's so good. I read it for the Youkai, but the plot structure and art are awesome too. <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

After two episodes of anime couldn't control myself and started reading the manga... read all scanlated chapters in one day and now this is my favorite shounen manga

New Reply