Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All about - Fear

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All about - Fear

From chapter 70 -
    Being feared and respected by humans, and making them feel small and weak. This is the general concept of "fear". In simpler words, activating fear means exerting a wall of pressure and making your presence even bigger than usually felt. The flow of air becomes dominated by you. Like what is said in youkai legends, the surrounding air and mood changes suddenly. Doing this a youkai can induce the best use of his powers.
    Activating Fear is "Hatsu", transfering it is "Hyoui"
    The way to sever one's Fear is to break his flow of Fear. The correct way to disrupt the flow is not trying to exert a bigger flow, but by materialize your Fear into an attack that can counter the opponent.
    Come here to talk everything about the development of fear as we learn more about this strange power.
    1 - "Fear" is feelings towards things as of yet unknown, the word that expresses "Youkai". It's not only "terror" inspired by evil deeds, "towering" feeling when facing huge creatures, "anxiety" when facing threats, "intimidation" of being ruled but also overcome people with the feeling of "awe".

71 - Everyone's "Fear" is different. Converting Fear into a skill requires you to make use of the special attribute available only to your type of youkai.

98 - Hyakki Yakou is a group, one large force. The greater the strength of the leader the stronger the group will become. Conversely, if the leader's Fear is weak, they are reduced to mob and won't become strong. And in turn, the strength of that Hyakki Yakou will come back to the leader as well. By forming a strong bond and trust that strength will be returned as "capability".
    Moderator message by: Sama
    Added the "Fear" concept from the previous chapters and the recent one.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; March 22, 2010 at 06:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All about - Fear

I think its a very interesting concept and I liked that/how it showed up, though I'm still confused about how it can be used in battle.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fear has two variants: Hatsu and Hyoui. Hatsu is power emission, that is, releasing power from yourself, while Hyoui is power infusion or possession, that is, transferring it to a weapon of some kind and using it. Though I'm not sure myself either of how that works...
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Hatsu is the activation of Fear, using youkai's power to make the enemy falter. While Hyou'i is concentrating Fear, transfer it to weapon or body, to break opponent's Hatsu.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    I think Hatsu is the activation of Fear, using youkai's power to make the enemy falter. While Hyou'i is concentrating Fear, transfer it to weapon or body, to break opponent's Hatsu.
    ...Why do you spell Hyoui like that? I mean, it's not like there's a possibility that it can be confused with any other spelling in Japanese and it's just one kanji (even if it's a non-existant kanji)...
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

It just a habit. No deep meaning on the spelling...
    Speaking about Hatsu and Hyou'i, which do you think Hatsu and which do you think Hyou'i?
    I think it's :
    Hatsu : Nurarihyon's Meikyoushisui, Aotabou's Gourikiraisan, Mezumaru's string and woman disguise, Inugamigyoubu's Tamazusa no Ha, Inugami turned into giant dog, Sodemogi-sama sleeve grab, Kyoukotsu (daughter)'s skull attack, Minagoroshi Jizou's possession, Awashima's Ikusa Otome Enbu, 27-men 1000-ju mukade's Torii labyrinth
    Hyou'i : Nurarihyon's Kyoukasuigetsu, Tsurara's ice attacks, Kurotabou's Ankikuroenbu, Kubinashi's hardening rope, Kappa's Mizuchi-dama, Gozumaru's Gozuinmasou, Muchi's Kaiihachijinfuuheki, Yosuzume's Genyakou, Gairouta's Takekaze, Itaku's Rera Makiri, Awashima's Izanami and Izanagi
    Ougi Meikyoushisui Sakura is onmyoujutsu, so I don't think it's Hyou'i.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It just a habit. No deep meaning on the spelling...
    Speaking about Hatsu and Hyou'i, which do you think Hatsu and which do you think Hyou'i?
    I think it's :
    Hatsu : Nurarihyon's Meikyoushisui, Aotabou's Gourikiraisan, Mezumaru's string and woman disguise, Inugamigyoubu's Tamazusa no Ha, Inugami turned into giant dog, Sodemogi-sama sleeve grab, Kyoukotsu (daughter)'s skull attack, Minagoroshi Jizou's possession, Awashima's Ikusa Otome Enbu, 27-men 1000-ju mukade's Torii labyrinth
    Hyou'i : Nurarihyon's Kyoukasuigetsu, Tsurara's ice attacks, Kurotabou's Ankikuroenbu, Kubinashi's hardening rope, Kappa's Mizuchi-dama, Gozumaru's Gozuinmasou, Muchi's Kaiihachijinfuuheki, Yosuzume's Genyakou, Gairouta's Takekaze, Itaku's Rera Makiri, Awashima's Izanami and Izanagi
    Ougi Meikyoushisui Sakura is onmyoujutsu, so I don't think it's Hyou'i.
    hmmm...yeah i know those are some moves that they are performing ...but japanesse names always confuse me cuz i find it hard to remember them ...i mean reding from the list that u posted ( those moves that are in japanese) i only know how kyoukasuigetsu its done ...well THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT ... i think the same ...but i only prefer the short form of allof this ...

/////
    Last edited by mangafan.no1; February 16, 2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; June 26, 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember a character in Chrome Shelled Regios who used a type of wire just like Kubinashi...

Why wouldn't Kubinashi's Hyakki Yakou form simply be a tangle of ethereal wire connected to Nenekirimaru's tsuba?

Makes sense, really.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reyfon and Rintens' Steel Thread is a deadly weapon in Regios, compared to them, Kubinashi's Black String specialized more to it's durability, not the sharpness. His cat's craddle skills bind/strangle his enemies to death, not cut them off.
    Though it will be cool to see Rikuo use it like in Regios. But, then, how about Kejourou? Her fear will be somehow kind of similar with Kubinashi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a Kubanashi and Rikuo combo will allow his sword to stretch and become flexible like a chain sword or something like that.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Matoi and the different methods

Kurotabou was talking about different methods of doing matoi. It is very important to analyse your opponent's skills for using the right one. I was wondering if different methods mean that Rikuo can do simultaneously two or three methos and thus do more than one matoi at the same time.

Is this said before? Any opinion?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member recure's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matoi and the different methods

maybe he can do it but it already said that using matoi is make them(the one that used) tired

but what makes me curious is if there is many different method then there are many form for 1 matoi so what will happen if rikuo use matoi with tsurara/zen/itaku using the method kurotabou teach him

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

With Tsurara -> wear white kimono
    With Zen -> bird cosplay
    With Itaku -> wear itachi skin (like how Franky wearing tiger skin)
    lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member recure's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@sama
    well maybe with tsurara don't forget to add scarf and make rikuo eyes like tsurara lol
    because when rikuo use matoi with kuro his hair kinda different (a little)

well for zen maybe rikuo have zen's posion wing but i will laught very hard if rikuo become sick like zen

well for itaku i can't think what will look best

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast