Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All about - Fear

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matoi and the different methods

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    With Tsurara -> wear white kimono
    With Zen -> bird cosplay
    With Itaku -> wear itachi skin (like how Franky wearing tiger skin)
    lol
    Behind Rikuo there are a lot of weapons. So it could something like this:
    With Tsurara -> wear white kimono + ice or snow around him
    With Zen -> bird cosplay + poison feathers
    With Itaku -> wear itachi skin (like how Franky wearing tiger skin)+????

Maybe Rikuo can use only one type of Matoi with each youkai.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

But the different matoi style is based on how Rikuo wear the fear, so it will be strange if he only able to do only one type each. Unless Shiibashi can't think of an idea of how it will look like... (I can't think of Izutsu with Awashima, for example)
    Don't know about Tsurara eye but maybe the scarf will do. But Rikuo doesn't wear conical hat when he wear Kuro's fear. He hold his khakkhara though, makes him dual wield (+countless other weapon).
    Also another matoi crossed my mind (lol, I don't know but I can't think of a serious one)
    With Aotabou -> Macho Rikuo (Haigo style...)
    With Amezou -> Kamen Rider Rikuo
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; September 15, 2010 at 08:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, it's pretty useless to have many type of Matoi, though. In the end, it's still give the wearer the power from the other youkai. Even if Rikuo uses Izutsu with Kuro, the only difference is he doesn't wear different clothes

BTW, it's really funny about Amezou and Rikuo, really reminds of Kamen Rider Double. Kamen Rider Rikuo: NurarihyonKappa
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; September 15, 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the defensive method with Tsurara will start freezing anything that comes near Rikuo.
    Defensive with Itaku will allow him to get bunny ears (or whatever animal Itaku is).
    Defensive with Zen will make him fall sick thus nobody will dare come near him.

Quote Quote:
    Somehow, it's pretty useless to have many type of Matoi, though. In the end, it's still give the wearer the power from the other youkai.
    The difference is how he can use those powers. Izutsu allows him to use it as a strong offense while the other method allows him to use it primarily for defense and counter-attack. And shifting modes seems to further exhaust the youkai he is Matoing with.
    I guess different methods were added so that Rikuo would need to use tactics or something.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The possibilities are endless with Matoi I'm hoping it's possible for Rikuo to use multiple Kasane at once. I mean it'd be really cool if for example to use Matoi with Zen and Kuro at the same time to get like poison-tipped blades.

That aside, I hope Rikuo doesn't depend too much on Matoi all the time. It's a cool ability to have, but what if he's alone? When was the last time we saw him use Ougi Meikyou Shisui, for example? Unless my memory is failing me, it seems like that was a very long time ago. I would hate to see Shiibashi-sensei focus only on developing Matoi and making Rikuo use it all the time. After a while it will just seem like a cheap trick/gimmick to power Rikuo up easily.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2