Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who do you think Rikuo will end up with and why?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tsurara

26 48.15%
  • Keikain Yura

9 16.67%
  • Ienaga Kana

11 20.37%
  • Hagoromo Gitsune

0 0%
  • Awashima

0 0%
  • Zen

4 7.41%
  • New heroine appear later

0 0%
  • Harem

3 5.56%
  • None

1 1.85%
  • Other (state a name and why)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nura Household Family Tree

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fullmoon's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Who Rikuo gonna end up with?

Tsurara x Rikuo:
    The fortress is being built higher and higher and seems impenetrable with how things going between them plus all those romantic scenes.
    Spoiler show

One drawback: they all being explain by "Rikuo is protecting his Hyakki Yakou".
    So what is interesting if this is the one? Many:
    1) The majority of fans want it.
    2) Young generation still got smt different with old one.
    3) If there smt like "Behind every man's success, there is a woman", this is the one.

Kana x Rikuo:
    The one who knows nothing at all yet seem to be loved by the ppl who have every authority in deciding how this series will be dev (Shibashi in the first part and the director of the anime for now).
    And consider what had happened in the past, come to know of ur husband a few hundred yrs late compare to some certain girls doesn't affect how fast he will become your husband. It will be the Youhime x Nurarihyon relationship all over again.
    Kana can still make her home-run with a simple explanation from the author "She is the one best suit Rikuo".
    No interesting at all? Not really, 'Human and youkai coexistence' theme seems interesting to Shibashi.

Yura x Rikuo:
    The first and only girl ever set foot on Rikuo's fav sakura tree (later he pushed her in the pond lol).
    One of the reasons why Rikuo get his ass on the biggest fight of his life: the one settles everything with the Nura's arc enemy, the revenge of his father and determines whether he will success as the Third. The Toono guys repeated this many time in the manga so don't underestimate the reason calls 'Yura'.
    But the base of this tower is still one... painful word 'Friendship'. Expect more to come in the future which I bet there will be.
    Considered the most interesting one bcs its like 'Romeo and Juliet' and the reaction of all member in Keikan clan will be hilarious.

In summary, Shibashi creates quite a balance here and all girls have their equal chance of winning.
    Spoiler: My imagination: show

Oh, and I'm not against yaoi, harem at all, just think those will get more chance in fanfic or doujinshi :3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Red Hannya's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nura Household Family Tree

rikua and kana = (1/4+0)/2=1/8 yokai
    rikuo and yura = same as above + onmyoji
    rikuo and tsurara = (1/4+1)/2=5/8 yokai
    with kana if nothing to care about, with yura to add onmyoji blood to the family, with tsurara to have yokai blood run again

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A. Koba's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I vote for Yura?
    Though Tsyrara is so cute!

I think Rikuo would marry a human.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hyper_Wolfy's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

lol at Zen option
    Kitsune yeah .
    no I think Kana

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it will be tsurara. There has been 2 generations Tsurara before and since the first and the second commander married a human, I highly doubt that Rikuo would marry a yokai. So though most people want Tsurara x Rikuo, it is my opinion excluded.

I think Kana is the most obvious choice because it was also the third commander who invited her in that town full of yokai. It is thus the third commander who has shown an interest in Kana, just like Rikuo is showing an interest in her.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I got different impression from that event actually.
    When Rikuo brought Yura to Bakenekoya, he actually wanted to scare her off, but it kinda backfire and Kana turns out falling into night Rikuo because of that.
    Although, Kana saying "It got nothing to do with you" to Rikuo makes her more less likable from before.
    And the part when Yura asked about Rikuo and she said "I think Rikuo likes me, but I'll support you" (in the tankobon version anyway) really put me off...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone thought that the only exception for rikio to have a child with a yokai would be with gitsune. I am just trowing it out there aat the moment something to think about.

I don't think gitsune would have included herself in the curse. This union would fix a multitude of problems aka breaking the cure and there would now be a lord and lady of yokai.

I say this but i like the idea of a harem. lolololololol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

My comment on Hagoromo Kitsune x Rikuo : I don't think it can happen, but that's just my opinion, cus i think her current host is rikuo's half-sister. Leaving that aside, my vote goes to Yura, because the chances of the curse being laid off isn't exactly high, thus i believe he will have to marry a human if he were to produce babies >_> , and Onmyouji + Yokai makes much more sense ( in a way.. ) than Yokai + random girl who doesn't know anything.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't think it will be tsurara. There has been 2 generations Tsurara before and since the first and the second commander married a human, I highly doubt that Rikuo would marry a yokai. So though most people want Tsurara x Rikuo, it is my opinion excluded.
    Was there a Yuki-Onna in Rihan's Hyaki Yakou? From what we have seen, only Nurarihyon and Rikuo had Yuki-Onna's and if Databook's translation is good, Setsura is Tsurara's mom.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sukihinata's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for YURA-CHAN!! I like Yura-chan and Rikuo chemistry so far. I hope they will develop her character more as the story progress.
    6927>> =Makuro x Tsuna

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giady's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I think Kana is the most obvious choice because it was also the third commander who invited her in that town full of yokai. It is thus the third commander who has shown an interest in Kana, just like Rikuo is showing an interest in her.
    I think you're mistaken, because it's true that in the beginning of manga there was an inclination towards the couple Kana-Rikuo, but after the story has changed...Kana ceased to be a main character after chapter 20 ended...Not just did her screentime drop, but RikuoxKana ship tease stopped and soon after Rikuo-Tsurara or Yura ship tease started...So for whichever reason, Kana suddenly stopped being the main heroine and became a supporting character while Yura and Tsurara became more important and developed during the story... and the popularity of Tsurara and Yura is much higher of Kana...I think that this is one of the main reasons that the author has changed the orientation of story...also the curse has its importance...it would be meaningless if he would not give further importance to Tsurara or Yura...I think that Tsurara or Yura have higer probability of kana like match for Rikuo...I personally love and vote TSURARA!! But I would not mind even Yura...

In addition, the Director was wrong to give all that important to kana in the end of anime because he hasn't complied with the orientation of the manga, 100 chapters already Kana doesn't appear or has an important role...in the second season he should remain more faithful to manga storyline...only because he is a fan of Kana isn't an excuse...the popularity of manga and anime is determinated from fans... also the author has understood this and has changed the orientation of the couples for now...and then It seems that the anime has only further made Tsurara more popular than the other 2. The last couple chapters seem to going in the direction of a Tsurara end...But Rikuo could remain single and like NuraRihon and Rihan to get married after a century or two XD...

the theme "coexistence human and youkai" is very present in the manga.. but this has nothing to do with who marries Rikuo, moreover the same Rikuo is a symbol of the coexistence since he embodies both aspects in himself...and the author must also do what is best for the development of history... Yura like Omijouji wuold be very interesting development...and also Tsurara because he would change the street that Nurarihyon and Rihan have undertaken...it can not be all the same...the plot twists are very important to keep the public interested...then kana is a choice too obvious and banal for the storyline...( and a heir with a 1/8 youkai blood would be a disadvantage for the clan...at least with Yura would have powers of a Omijouji...) and i noted a thing while in the beginning you could see a inclination of Rikuo towards kana ...with the progress of history Rikuo began to treat her like any other friends as well as his behavior toward her...now I think that is highly unlikely that kana will end with Rikuo, but maybe we will still see some scenes where she meets Night Rikuo, but nothing more...
    Last edited by Giady; January 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tsurara doesn't win I am going to send a large box of my dog's poop to Shibashi

But because they make it seem like being human is the biggest advantage to the Nura family line and because of Matoi. I am afraid that Kana is being saved for the end as Rikuo's wife

I want someone to convince me otherwise...any takers?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachOD
    I want someone to convince me otherwise...any takers?
    The conclusion I came up with (on Mangafox) is that you are one helluva hard person to convince XD
    That ain't bad, shows great willpower

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Red Hannya's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

if the bloodline follow mendellian law

rikuo+human
    (75%human+25%yokai)+(100%human)
    then the possibility of offspring
    100%human
    75%human+25%yokai
    87.5%human+12.5yokai

rikuo+yokai
    (75%human+25%yokai1)+(100%yokai2)
    offspring is
    25%human+25%yokai1+50%yokai2
    32.5%human+12.5%yokai1+50%yokai2
    50%human+50%yokai2

rikuo+humanyokaimix
    (75%human25%yokai1)+(??%human+??%yokai2)
    offspring is
    100%human(only if the partner has 50% or more human blood)
    ??%human+??%yokai1+??%yokai2(lots of variations)

unless there is atavism in the family gene, nura blood is moving to extinction, or if there is another female nurarihyon yokai out there

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yokai children inherit the type of the parent of the same gender. Many Yokai types have only one gender to begin with so they would be unable to reproduce if they needed two Yokai of same type to mate.

Either way, keep in mind Yokai do not answer to the Laws of Nature as humans do.
    Last edited by Nayrael; March 22, 2011 at 05:32 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast