Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who do you think Rikuo will end up with and why?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tsurara

26 48.15%
  • Keikain Yura

9 16.67%
  • Ienaga Kana

11 20.37%
  • Hagoromo Gitsune

0 0%
  • Awashima

0 0%
  • Zen

4 7.41%
  • New heroine appear later

0 0%
  • Harem

3 5.56%
  • None

1 1.85%
  • Other (state a name and why)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nura Household Family Tree

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nura Household Family Tree

Quote Quote:
    I think Yokai children inherit the type of the parent of the same gender.
    Don't forget the existence of hybrids from crossbreeds of different youkai. Although there is only 2 example of them in the manga :
    - Amanojaku (Awashima) from Kishin and Tennyo
    - Isome Isoguchi from Dodomeki and Kubikajiri
    While there's the probability that they're special case, like a special fusion when you combine certain specific monsters they will make a unique type monster.
    Maybe we can have more sample if Shiibashi shows how the children will looks like for Anta (a crow youkai) and Yomekko (three-eyed youkai) etc or Hitotsume and Kokehime if they do end up together

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Rikuo will end up with Tsurara...they make such a cute couple! I keep thinking about Hagoromo Kitsune's curse on Nurarihyon's bloodline....anyone think the curse might've faded after Hagoromo Kitsune died?? Sure hope so

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that Shiibashi choose not to brought up for now, whether he keep it for later story or he simply forget, or he did it on purpose, so he can choose to have a story with no curse anymore or a story concerning the curse.

Beside the curse, another obstacle for her is she can kill Rikuo with her kiss (unless that time Nurarihyon said that just to softly rejected Setsura). Probably there is a way to make the kiss of death not deadly anymore.
    In the omake, there's a question on whether Tsurara go into hot ofuro, and she answered that there is a cold water ofuro in the main house (probably from when Setsura still live there). Meanwhile, Reira can go to hot water ofuro and said that she is able to do it by adjusting her fear.
    Now, maybe the same application can be used so the kiss etc won't be deadly anymore. What is needed is Tsurara interact with Reira and becomes her student, like Rikuo becomes Itaku's student.
    Well, learning fear manipulation only to be able to go to hot water ofuro or kiss seems stupid, so maybe learning to strengthen hear fear and techniques, and subsequently she can adjust her fear for those reasons.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; October 09, 2011 at 07:01 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nayrael's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq
    Another thing that Shiibashi choose not to brought up for now, whether he keep it for later story or he simply forget, or he did it on purpose, so he can choose to have a story with no curse anymore or a story concerning the curse.
    I don't think he would forget about the curse so quickly. He probably intends t use that plot element later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq
    Beside the curse, another obstacle for her is she can kill Rikuo with her kiss (unless that time Nurarihyon said that just to softly rejected Setsura). Probably there is a way to make the kiss of death not deadly anymore.
    I think it is more like it can kill you if Yuki Onna is not careful enough and Nurarihyon didn't really feel like risking. The reason for me thinking that is that I don't think Setsura would have wanted to kiss him if it was an unavoidable death.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm half-joking about Shiibashi forget about the curse. Well, before, in Edo arc, he has Kubinashi and Yamabuki Otome in the story when they should not be there. He followed up with changing Rihan-Yamabuki Otome marriage life to 50 years and apologize for Kubinashi. Don't know if he actually forget and made the follow up only later when he read fan letter, poll etc, or it's him want to draw the two in the story and taking risk of inconsistency, and decide to make follow up in the tankoubon version.
    Not only the curse, sometimes things that supposed to be explained in the manga left unexplained. And Shiibashi realize it, as in the omake, he made Zen said it when Zen answering about Rikuo's unnatural recovery rate.

Setsura even telling her daughter to steal Nurarihyon's lips, so I guess you're right. It's just Nurarihyon doesn't want to risk his life. Just a kiss or two, he should trust his subordinate more lol. There's Tsurara too, so if her father somehow appear in the manga, then we can tell that it's not actually deadly.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; October 09, 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rikou is unfortunately going with kana for sure
    there's the human x youkai thing going on
    in many manga the male character ends up with the average girl on the sideline

as for Tsurara," admiration is the farthest thing from understanding " (Bleach-Aizen)
    they are close, yet far away at the same time

Yura is the next best pick, they might have something
    the scene with Rikou in the tree and Yura questioning him had um a small amount of Belligerent Sexual Tension
    and if there was no Kana , she'd probably have a chance

why Kana?
    she's his childhood friend, a person he's liked for a long time
    Rikou looks fondly towards Kana the most
    there's just something there that says they will end up together ( yes the mangaka liking this couple must have something to do with it)
    it's irritating yes that in a lot of shounen the female love interest aren't powerful (Rukia), or has some strength (Chi (she's one of the strongest earth women, but compared to the rest of her family...), Bulma(genius, can deal with Vegeta)) , but that's shounen

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Where do people get this? Season 1 of Anime?

Also, saying "in stories it happens like that" is a very weak argument. What happens depends on author so if you want to use that argument, make sure that the author would definitely follow that "set of rules".

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Harlett's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you see the latest chapter and put attention, can you see that the couples could end up diferent to both sides...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harlett View Post
    Well, if you see the latest chapter and put attention, can you see that the couples could end up diferent to both sides...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
    Where do people get this? Season 1 of Anime?

Also, saying "in stories it happens like that" is a very weak argument. What happens depends on author so if you want to use that argument, make sure that the author would definitely follow that "set of rules".
    yes nothing is 100%, but someone did state earlier in the thread that shibashi sensei prefers this couple (though im sorry i cannot find the source)
    but think, why Kana is brought along in the recent chapters
    -day rikou wouldn't transform
    -what does creepy lady do?
    http://www.mangareader.net/nurarihyon-no-mago/162/10
    yes threaten kana
    -boom, transforms without hestitation
    http://www.mangareader.net/nurarihyon-no-mago/162/14
    -rikou's transforms for the whole world to see especially to protect Kana ( seems Shibashi sensei wants to emphasize this pairing)
    -Kana got a special chapter the day of her birthday, in which Nura-kun comes to the rescue
    -Rikou celebrates her birthday with her
    -in the one-shot Kana was the female lead
    -seems to care a lot about what she thinks of him ( could partially explain his attitude about youkai in the beginning of the series)
    -Rikou now call her "Kana" no -chan (Tsurara is "family")
    -also, this manga mainly features fighting, so a non-fighting female character who is shown often is most likely going to be his girlfriend (unless the manga makes sure to suggest two are just friends)
    -Rikou has often shown a desire to lead a peaceful Normal(human) life
    the reason he became 3rd was to protect his nakama, not cause he though it'd be cool
    -people often look for what they are missing in their other half, so it wouldn't be suprising if he chooses Kana

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    why Kana?
    there's just something there that says they will end up together ( yes the mangaka liking this couple must have something to do with it)
    A childhood friend who seems afar from Rikuo, Tsurara is closer to Rikuo than Kana ever has. No, nothing that says they will end up together. Nothing that say Rikuo will end up with who. There's even the probability the manga ended up with Rikuo not being with anybody.

Quote Quote:
    yes nothing is 100%, but someone did state earlier in the thread that shibashi sensei prefers this couple (though im sorry i cannot find the source)
    lol I never read where Shiibashi saying something like that. If you're not sure about your source, better not give it as a source.
    Quote Quote:
    yes threaten kana
    -boom, transforms without hestitation
    It's still not dark at first, but after night comes, then Rikuo able to transform.
    Rikuo called Yura as Yura instead of Keikain-san, now would that means Rikuo will end up with Yura too, no double-standard please.

Well, I'm looking things so it will become advantages for Tsurara, and I see that you see things so it become advantage for Kana. Shiibashi made the 3-heroines system, as he said it. So it's too fast too say that he made the story so Rikuo will end up with Kana or any other girls.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ah, sorry. I myself did not include the source for my statement. The source for Shiibashi officially saying that this manga has 3 heroine system is from the interview with Junji, season 1 anime director.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; October 13, 2011 at 07:59 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

With the Kiyojūji Paranormal Patrol now knowing who Rikuo is and them in the future at least ally (or even in a way join) with the Nura-gumi I think we will see more cross couples (the co-existence theme)

- Obviously Rikuo ending up with Kana, this has been the setup since the beginning and the most recent chapters confirms this
    - Tsurara being jealous of RxK and Shima hopellesly trying to get her attention (nothing changes, although he might get rewarded in the end)
    - Torii and Kurotabo (this just has to happen, it just feels so right!)
    - Maki I could see falling for Shouhei, dunno why though

Kiyotsugu? A big question mark... Though some entity should exist that isable to produce affection for him I guess :P

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hopeandlight
    Check it again. Sun started to set just before Rikuo transformed (in other words, he could not transform until that moment) and his comment makes it obvious he intended to do it. Kana's appearance just made him question the decision as well as made it obvious that the impact on Rikuo's life would be huge.

Also, do mind that no other human can play Kana's role: none of them are such good friends with Rikuo. In other words, it doesn't necessarily imply romance, but at least a very strong friendshio (and we needed his best human friend to make the revelation as strong as possible).

Quote Quote:
    -Kana got a special chapter the day of her birthday, in which Nura-kun comes to the rescue
    Tsurara:
    - gets special chapterS concerning her and Rikuo - Rikuo usually comes to the rescue or at least shows a lot of concern for her
    - gets to be on cover art with Rikuo quite a few times - I didn't see a RikuKana cover art
    - gets to be the Manga's mascot
    - gets to be on promotional art alongside Rikuo more than few times
    - gets to appear whenever a chance shows itself (in comparison, Kana gets to appear only when she really needs to... and author not even trying to give you a role is something that does not influence your chances in a positive way)

So... yeah.

Quote Quote:
    -in the one-shot Kana was the female lead
    For a Manga that has over 100 chapters and with author who (infamously) tends to constantly change the direction of the story, beginning, and especially One-shoot, really has little meaning. I will agree that Kana was supposed to be the main heroine but it is a role she lost due to some reason. Compare Kana's early treatment and Kana's current treatment and you will see the difference.

Quote Quote:
    On honorifics: Kana had a special treatment of being one of very few, if not the only one, to be addressed with a honorific by Night Rikuo (if he ever said her name in Night form). Night Rikuo does not like using honorifics
    And as Sama said, the similar thing happened to Yura.

On Tsurara being "family": sorry, but this was never suggested in Manga. Bodyguard, servant and comrade yes, sister or mother... only by some readers.

Quote Quote:
    -also, this manga mainly features fighting, so a non-fighting female character who is shown often is most likely going to be his girlfriend (unless the manga makes sure to suggest two are just friends)
    1. Depends on the author's style and how much he cares about it. If you want to comment on style, analyze the style of author in question, not the style of other authors (especially since Hiroshi has a different style than many other Mangaka... something that we are criticizing a lot here on forums)
    2. Kana is shown often? The girl didn't speak for around 120 chapters to Rikuo (unless you count one-liners), played absolutely no role till recently, didn't even get a mini-arc between the Kyoto Arc and Edo arc and in recent chapters had been shown so much that even Kana fans started to make funny excuses of her absence and lack involvement. No seriously, Tori gets violated, Rikuo starts rotting and we don't even see one reaction from her even tough she was there all the time? Sorry, but Kana really does not qualify here

Quote Quote:
    -Rikou has often shown a desire to lead a peaceful Normal(human) life
    the reason he became 3rd was to protect his nakama, not cause he though it'd be cool
    -people often look for what they are missing in their other half, so it wouldn't be suprising if he chooses Kana
    Kana, Tsurara, Yura and little Yamabuki... all the mentioned can give a meaningful reason ofwhy thes should end with Rikuo. Kana fans will think Kana's reasons mean the most, Tsurara fans that Tsurara's reasons mean the most, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TwEeD
    With the Kiyojūji Paranormal Patrol now knowing who Rikuo is and them in the future at least ally (or even in a way join)
    ...why would a group of ordinary Middle School kids ally/join a military organization? That makes... absolutely no sense...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, first of all, I'm not a Kana fan ( I have ten times more Yuki Onna pics)
    perhaps im just disappointed with gantz... ( if you know what i mean)
    i'm gonna go reread it bit

hehe very well in support of tsurara
    ch 174,
    Spoiler show

Moderator message by: Sama
    Add spoiler tag for chapter not out yet, please
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; October 14, 2011 at 03:07 AM.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz? Isn't the battle with Nurarihyon already end long time ago?
    Hey, is Rikuo will be a 100-pointer or it's grandpa only? Sorry, oot

Quote Quote:
    - Torii and Kurotabo (this just has to happen, it just feels so right!)
    If Kurotabou wants to lay his hands on Torii, he has to pass Maki first.
    Erotabou also rise flags with Awashima, so he can get his hands away from Torii. Isn't he a children guardian youkai, and with him answered to Torii's call made him think of Torii as children? Well, that unless he's a lolikon...
    Quote Quote:
    - Maki I could see falling for Shouhei, dunno why though
    Can't see Maki with anyone other than Torii lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sama_al_Azraq View Post
    Gantz? Isn't the battle with Nurarihyon already end long time ago?
    Hey, is Rikuo will be a 100-pointer or it's grandpa only? Sorry, oot

If Kurotabou wants to lay his hands on Torii, he has to pass Maki first.
    Erotabou also rise flags with Awashima, so he can get his hands away from Torii. Isn't he a children guardian youkai, and with him answered to Torii's call made him think of Torii as children? Well, that unless he's a lolikon...

Can't see Maki with anyone other than Torii lol
    Are you up to date on Gantz ( I'm talking about couples)
    yeah ill use spoiler tags (don't really use it, but i'll try to make it work)
    rereading a few chapters i feel like Tsurara and Yura have a greater chance I felt before
    however there's still a possibility Rikou looks at Tsurara like a member of his nakama, his sister

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast