Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyouraku Shunsui vs Kaname Tousen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyouraku Shunsui vs Kaname Tousen

Rules and Conditions:

Scenario 1:

1. Tousen can't use bankai, but can use all of his hollow powers.
    2. Shunsui's shikai doesn't negate Kaname's abilities.
    3. Shunsui can only use shikai

Scenario 2:

1. Tousen can use bankai and his hollow powers. No resurrescion.
    2. Shunsui shikai doesn't negate Kaname's abilities.
    3. Shunsui can use bankai when it is shown.

IMO Kaname would win scenario 2, but I'm not sure about the first one. Even though Kaname is more durable with his hollow powers, and has high speed regeneration, he doesn't seem to have many offensive options without his bankai. Also Shunsui is a way more skilled swordsman than Kaname.

In the second scenario, Kaname would probably win by using his hollow powers and bankai or just his ressurection.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; September 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kyouraku Shunsui vs Kaname Tousen

So...Kaname can use all his most powerful abilities and you restrict what might be one of Shunsui's which is the power restriction? How is that fair?

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I made it so Shunsui can't restrict Kaname's abilities, is because it was never proven he could. I would allow Shunsui to use bankai, but we don't know what it does.

That's why I made two scenarios.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; February 12, 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui wins both scenario:
    Shunsui plays color games. You can only hit the color the opponent is wearing
    Tousen: "um... yellow. wait, what does yellow look like?"
    Slash
    Tousen dead

5. Thanks 21 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

shunsui cant restrict kaname's abilities? as far as i know kaname's first hollowification is all dressed white . does white despair ring a bell? and his second state is a giant black fly
    what was that rule , -if you stand on any shadow you lose the game- was it? how about becoming the shadow itself ? tho it may be debatable as to whether darkness and shadows can be considered the same.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Shunsui wins both scenario:
    Shunsui plays color games. You can only hit the color the opponent is wearing
    Tousen: "um... yellow. wait, what does yellow look like?"
    Slash
    Tousen dead
    Good point about the color game, I forgot about that . In scenario 1, Kaname would probably lose, if he couldn't kill Shunsui before he could use irooni or last long enough for Shunsui's shikai to get tired of the game.

The second scenario I give to Kaname. There's no way I see Shunsui winning. Although Kaname can't see colors, if he used his bankai Shunsui wouldn't be able to see anything either. Also if, by some chance Shunsui gets a hit on Kaname while in his bankai, it probably would be a non-lethal inaccurate hit. Kaname regeneration abilities will take care of that.

IMO there's is a good chance of Tousen killing Shunsui with his bankai before Shunsui's shikai decides to use Irooni.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we having a scenario that gives a chance that Shunsui's zanpaktou won't cooperate? I think that makes it too situational

Given that shunsui can control his sword (which i think he can, I think his sword started getting serious after he got serious when uki fell), anyone within his SP will have to play the game. He only needs a glimpse of tousen to see what he is wearing. Tousen can't tell colors so he can choose as much as he wants or slash at shunsui as much as he wants, it won't hurt shunsui. Furthermore, wouldn't the shadow game be best played under tousen's bankai? The question is, can shunsui see while he is moving in the shadows?

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Are we having a scenario that gives a chance that Shunsui's zanpaktou won't cooperate? I think that makes it too situational

Given that shunsui can control his sword (which i think he can, I think his sword started getting serious after he got serious when uki fell), anyone within his SP will have to play the game. He only needs a glimpse of tousen to see what he is wearing. Tousen can't tell colors so he can choose as much as he wants or slash at shunsui as much as he wants, it won't hurt shunsui. Furthermore, wouldn't the shadow game be best played under tousen's bankai? The question is, can shunsui see while he is moving in the shadows?
    - The problem is, Shunsui himself said that his zanpakatou chooses the game. It's true that his zanpakatou chose Irooni after Ukitake fell, but that occured way after that happened.

- There can't be any shadows where there is no light.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing people seem to forget is that for Shunsui to get inside his opponent's shadow, it seems they have to be distracted. We've seen him do it twice now, and in both cases he did it while his opponent was occupied with others.

Here's another thing to consider, will Kaname be distracted in his resureccion form by his newfound eyesight (as he was when Shuuhei owned him)? I ask this because I for one am a firm believer that Kaname was ridiculously powerful in that form, and it was basically a fluke that he got killed so easily.

I think it his cricket-mode Kaname could have easily wrecked most of the captains, including Shunsui. Unless of course Shunsui's bankai ends up being awesome. We all know that's likely to be the case so.... Shunsui would win, but he'd have to use his bankai.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the opponent needs to be distracted for the shadow game to work. Starks was hit with it when he landed since he couldn't get caught by a shadow in the air.
    Same goes for aizen, he was floating. It wasn't until he was hit by the ice that he cast a shadow

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually now that I think about it Irooni is almost the perfect attack for Tousen...especially if he is using just his mask...He wouldn't have any perception of what is white and black or color...So he he'd be slashing blind...and if it was the wrong color he said it wouldn't cut anything. and just so you know it does limit what color you can cut...
    Last edited by savantking; February 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Irooni is very effective against Kaname, but Shunsui may not even be able to kill him. In his ressurecion form Kaname has shown feats on par with Aizen most recent feats. He might just be able to stop Shunsui's swords with his reiastu everytime.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Would the game color work against resurreccion tousen though? Technically, he is not wearing clothes so the game should be useless altogether. If the game worked on skin color or anything of the sort shunsui might have just said starrk's skincolor from the start and pawn him (or starrk could have said the same). If the colors are about what the oponent is wearing, then shunsui has trouble. Tousen is resurreccion form showed quite a bit of speed and his destructive power surpased that of komamura by quite a bit. If the boost tousen got from hollowification is of the same nature as that of the hyogoku arrancar I would lean towards him in this fight. Masked tousen rather than released tousen would give shunsui more than enough trouble as it is. He shouldn't know colors but he could easily guess simple things like the color of a haori is white or the color of a shinigami kimono is black (200 years in sereitei should give him that much). On another note, if shunsui says black or white, kanane can deal damage even when it is not his turn so even with just mask he has a good chance of using the game against shunsui). Considering everything, and the wide range of tousen's attacks, I go for him on this one as long as he does not go crazy and fights like he normally does.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Would the game color work against resurreccion tousen though? Technically, he is not wearing clothes so the game should be useless altogether. If the game worked on skin color or anything of the sort shunsui might have just said starrk's skincolor from the start and pawn him (or starrk could have said the same). If the colors are about what the oponent is wearing, then shunsui has trouble. Tousen is resurreccion form showed quite a bit of speed and his destructive power surpased that of komamura by quite a bit. If the boost tousen got from hollowification is of the same nature as that of the hyogoku arrancar I would lean towards him in this fight. Masked tousen rather than released tousen would give shunsui more than enough trouble as it is. He shouldn't know colors but he could easily guess simple things like the color of a haori is white or the color of a shinigami kimono is black (200 years in sereitei should give him that much). On another note, if shunsui says black or white, kanane can deal damage even when it is not his turn so even with just mask he has a good chance of using the game against shunsui). Considering everything, and the wide range of tousen's attacks, I go for him on this one as long as he does not go crazy and fights like he normally does.
    I doubt Irooni is such a trivial ability such that it only works on clothed individuals. It cuts the color and if anything it would work even better on resurreccion as he has a WHITE mask and BLACK hollow body... which just happen to be the same colors that Kyouraku is wearing. the only difference is Tousen wouldn't really have any comprehension of what is black and what is white....To him...it would be something alien...Which would put him at an EXTREME disadvantage.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    I doubt Irooni is such a trivial ability such that it only works on clothed individuals. It cuts the color and if anything it would work even better on resurreccion as he has a WHITE mask and BLACK hollow body... which just happen to be the same colors that Kyouraku is wearing. the only difference is Tousen wouldn't really have any comprehension of what is black and what is white....To him...it would be something alien...Which would put him at an EXTREME disadvantage.
    Well, shunsui did say the game was about cutting colors the other guy was wearing or a color he-shunsui- was wearing. In that sense, why wouldn't shunsui say his own skincolor to win? It would without a doubt be the color that gives the most damage right? Also, the game would be a extreme disadvantage to tousen but he does have a few things in his favor. Only really deep wounds would affect him considering anything else will be healed instantly. That means that unless shusui goes all out from the start everything is useless against tousen. Personally, I do doubt the game would work on a naked guy though. It would be like playing takaoni against komamura lol (his bankai would likely always be on top) or playing the shadow game against someone who is invisible. I know it is kinda dumb but what else could you expect from a zampakuto that makes games real lol?
    Last edited by kkck; February 13, 2010 at 05:06 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast