Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's the "real" founder of Akatsuki, Madara or Yahiko?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's the "real" founder of Akatsuki, Madara or Yahiko?

For the longest time I assumed pain started it and it was taken over by madara because of his power and ambition, but then I was rereading sasuke vs Itachi and itachi stated Madara started akasuki. If thats the case what was the point of pain being the figure head "leader" for ever. Or can Kishi just not make up his mind

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok so im confused who started Akasuki

Madara started Akatsuki. He recruited Pain because they share the same goal(Bijuu collection) but they both had different inner motives for what they would do with the Bijuus.

There were only 4 people in Akatsuki who knew who Tobi really was... Itachi, Zetsu, Pain and Konan. The rest didn't know because Madara never wanted them to know who he really was, so he gives Pain orders in the shadows and makes him act as the leader.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara founded Akatsuki, recruited Pain, made him his leader and made Pain do the rest of the work. Hence why few actually knew of Tobi, because Pain was the "leader" and the one who handled recruiting, either by himself or by giving the task to others. Madara was just a behind the scene controller for the whole time, while Pain acted as his medium, or messenger if you like.

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi did not even become a full member until after Sasori died. Madara was actually posing as one of Zetsu's henchman for most of Akatsuki's existence.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that the group Yahiko started was the precursor to Akatsuki and that Madara just came in with the idea of using the Bijuus.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I got the full implication but that is plausible. Yahiko's group had the same cloaks as Akatsuki (without the clouds). It's entirely possible that Nagato and Konan founded Akatsuki with Madara coming along later, gaining control through his stature and past. I do believe I remember Madara saying he founded Akatsuki but my memory is unreliable. However it was founded Madara stayed so far in the background that he was not even a member until very recently in the time line.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Madara founded Akatsuki, or at least cofounded it with Nagato. Looks like Nagato's instrumental to all this. Madara probably knew about Nagato and used a way to get what he wanted; peace. Power to create peace.
    Madara was more behind the scenes, I guess.

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akatsukis roots seem to be more implanted in the world than just a bunch of missing nins seeking bijuu. its hinted here, that they have been used in the past as an mercenary group (pain confirms this when explaining Akatsukis goals to Hidan). An underground organization used at times of peace to do the dirty work. A "ROOT" per se. because of this, it seems that Akatsuki goes back much further than when Nagato would have joined. Out of the current (dead and alive) Akatsuki members, Madara is the only one that could have been alive long enough to create such an organization.Well there is Kakazu... but he just doesn't seem the type.

It was also stated that there were rumors of Akatsuki being formed in Kirigakure[here]. Madara being the former kage of that village would seem to cement his role in creating the organization.
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; February 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara likely formered an organization called Akatsuki, while he was still Mizukage, and it took full affect after he stepped down for whatever reason.

Yahiko's group was nothing but a group of rebels who opposed Hanzou, at the time, they were still vying for power over Ame. World peace was nothing but a pipe dream to them at that point, and it would seem only after Yahiko's death was Nagato truly pushed into his Pain God persona.

In any event, I'm gonna make a guess that Madara already had Zetsu, and made an offer to Nagato. In exchange for information on things such as jutsu and even info. on his Rinnegan, Nagato would be the leader of his Akatsuki organization which would have a goal of capturing Biju and using them for world peace. This probably happened after Nagato took control of the Rain Village probably twenty or so years ago in the manga.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Nagato has only ruled Ame for about three years. Anyhow, Madara had to have teamed up with Nagato less then 12 years ago, Otherwise Madara wouldn't have used the Kyuubi to attack Konoha.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much agree with all of you about Madara being the one who started Akatsuki, but why Nagato said here:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/436/14/
    that he was the one who created Akatsuki? It was just a lie in the face of his enemy, or not? If we assume it was Madara, Nagato just lied, if we assume it wasn't Madara, Nagato told the truth, and it would be him being the one who started it all and Madara later on joining and "influencing" him more <like he told Naruto and co. that it's easy to manipulate such ppl as Nagato or Sasuke>. There's also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten.Sama
    I'm not sure I got the full implication but that is plausible. Yahiko's group had the same cloaks as Akatsuki (without the clouds). It's entirely possible that Nagato and Konan founded Akatsuki with Madara coming along later, gaining control through his stature and past. I do believe I remember Madara saying he founded Akatsuki but my memory is unreliable. However it was founded Madara stayed so far in the background that he was not even a member until very recently in the time line.
    The bold part especially tends towards Nagato being the founder of Akatsuki. Kaiten.Sama did really good job summing this up later on methinks.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain said that because at that time, he was still evil. He had to lie otherwise Madara's cover would have been blown, and at that time, no one knew about Madara. It had to be kept that way...
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yondaime Uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Pain said that because at that time, he was still evil. He had to lie otherwise Madara's cover would have been blown, and at that time, no one knew about Madara. It had to be kept that way...
    that wouldn't make sense. why would pain feel the need to lie to someone that he planned on capturing? he obviously didn't feel the need to hide akatsuki's primary goal from naruto. that would be much more sensitive information than knowing that madara is alive. besides, he betrayed madara when he decided to trust naruto. i think that the creation of akatsuki was a cooperative act between madara and pain. without pain, there would be nothing to hold the bijuu in. without madara, there would be no plan. but pain held more usefulness than madara. between his rinnegan being able to read the tablet and his Gedo Mazo, he was indisposable. madara had the advantage of knowledge about everything needed. so there had to be a collaboration of the two to even create akatsuki. if course i'm sure that they both had completely different goals and that madara held back some info.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Evil_Eyes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaime Uzumaki View Post
    that wouldn't make sense. why would pain feel the need to lie to someone that he planned on capturing? he obviously didn't feel the need to hide akatsuki's primary goal from naruto. that would be much more sensitive information than knowing that madara is alive. besides, he betrayed madara when he decided to trust naruto. i think that the creation of akatsuki was a cooperative act between madara and pain. without pain, there would be nothing to hold the bijuu in. without madara, there would be no plan. but pain held more usefulness than madara. between his rinnegan being able to read the tablet and his Gedo Mazo, he was indisposable. madara had the advantage of knowledge about everything needed. so there had to be a collaboration of the two to even create akatsuki. if course i'm sure that they both had completely different goals and that madara held back some info.

Yeah. I think Pein probably started the honorable Akatsuki, and then Madara Sama saw his chance. There's abso-lutely no way that any shinobi in their right mind would come under a failure like Madara Sama, who failed thrice in his career Poor lilttle Madara

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thinking is "Akatsuki" as a concept existed way before Nagato came along, ie. mercenary organizations working for shinobi nations. There could have been lots of incarnations, possibly several "Akatsuki"'s at once, but none reached the stature of the current one. That's how the whole "over the years" quote came from in the Kage summit.

The Akatsuki that Nagato and Madara cofounded (IMO they cofounded it), was the latest incarnation of the merc org.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast