Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who would win.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uliquiorra

15 22.73%
  • Shinji

51 77.27%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulquiorra vs Hirako Shinji

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Captain Class's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulquiorra vs Hirako Shinji

Rules and conditions:

Battle takes place above the dome.

Shinji is not allowed to describe his shikai's abilities.

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uliquiorra vs Hirako Shinji

Shinji wins Aizen is probably the only one who could get used to his illusin that quick.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I am sure Ulquiorra R2 is incredible, IMO Shinji's shikai alone is hax enough to (with the mask) deal with him. If that fails his bankai should be insane. Either way, I think Aizen, Yama and Shunsui are the only people I can defo place above SHinji.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Even though I am sure Ulquiorra R2 is incredible, IMO Shinji's shikai alone is hax enough to (with the mask) deal with him. If that fails his bankai should be insane. Either way, I think Aizen, Yama and Shunsui are the only people I can defo place above SHinji.
    I totally agree his skekai is amazing and he isn't like Ichigo where he can't cut through tough espada also I don't know why he didn't use Bankai against Aizen but his Bankai is highly anticipated and he has a mask and can use a Cero that can made Grimjow scared.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    I totally agree his skekai is amazing and he isn't like Ichigo where he can't cut through tough espada also I don't know why he didn't use Bankai against Aizen but his Bankai is highly anticipated and he has a mask and can use a Cero that can made Grimjow scared.
    People seem to forget how awesome that cero was. Grimmjow minimized the damage of it by firing his own cero at the last second, but even then he still got fucked up.

I think any one of the vizards (minus Ichigo and Hiyori). Yes, that includes Lisa-chan, as I think she's pretty damn strong. Yeah she didn't last long against Aizen Sousuke., but who does?
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; February 13, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    People seem to forget how awesome that cero was. Grimmjow minimized the damage of it by firing his own cero at the last second, but even then he still got fucked up.

I think any one of the vizards (minus Ichigo and Hiyori). Yes, that includes Lisa-chan, as I think she's pretty damn strong. Yeah she didn't last long against Aizen Sousuke., but who does?
    Hey now, don't sell Ulquiorra short. I reckon he is supremely powerful in R2 mode, the main reason I am giving this to shinji is due to the haxness of his Zan ability. Lisa would last seconds against Ulquiorra. The captain vaizards might to better but I don;t think they have the raw strength to beat him and certainly no hax ability like Shinji.

That said, his cero really was epic, I hope he hits Aizen with it. Or at least Gin.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ulquiorra vs Hirako Shinji

if shinji chose not to explain his shikai to Ulqi. This match should end in 1 sec.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda hard to say, we have no idea of how powerful segunda etapa is. Going by the name it sounds as an equivalent to bankai which makes it kinda of a wildcard in terms of overall power. Dunno, seems kinda hard without really knowing what shinji's bankai actually is lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't find Shinji or his shikai to be anywhere near as epic as you guys do (just my opinion though), however, seeing as how Ichigo even with his new mask is weaksauce (compare what he did to Yammi to what Kenpachi did), and considering how Hitsugaya basically defeated Halibel, I do think Shinji would win in the end.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

shinji wins...His shikai is very devious and makes him very powerful in battle where as Ulq was basically just raw strength...His shikai is more than powerful enough to win, though it wont be easy...Ulq is quite durable

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    shinji wins...His shikai is very devious and makes him very powerful in battle where as Ulq was basically just raw strength...His shikai is more than powerful enough to win, though it wont be easy...Ulq is quite durable
    Can't help but wonder how much ulquiorra will be stopped by said shikai though. I don't doubt that even if ulquiorra miraculously gets used to it he will still at least have his reactions slowed down by it but overall ulquiorra seemed to be too much of a mechanical fighter to actually be intimidated by something like this. In terms of speed, I don't think he would be that inferior to masked shinji either. Given his very cold mind and calm way of thinking, I would think he at least would manage to avoid lethal hits after knowing what the ability is -lets face it, in bleach battles people don't die on the first hit-. His HSR and hierro would also help to minimize damage (hierro only seems to work on ichigo though).

On another note, if segunda etapa actually is what the manga has implied it is -something equivalent to bankai given the whole second stage of release thing- I would think ulquiorra does indeed have the speed, strength, stamina and raw power to tank through what shinji can do and deal some damage -I could see that tail being specially useful in catching shinji by surprise if he attempts to attack ulquiorra from the back while using sakenade-.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Can't help but wonder how much ulquiorra will be stopped by said shikai though. I don't doubt that even if ulquiorra miraculously gets used to it he will still at least have his reactions slowed down by it but overall ulquiorra seemed to be too much of a mechanical fighter to actually be intimidated by something like this. In terms of speed, I don't think he would be that inferior to masked shinji either. Given his very cold mind and calm way of thinking, I would think he at least would manage to avoid lethal hits after knowing what the ability is -lets face it, in bleach battles people don't die on the first hit-. His HSR and hierro would also help to minimize damage (hierro only seems to work on ichigo though).

On another note, if segunda etapa actually is what the manga has implied it is -something equivalent to bankai given the whole second stage of release thing- I would think ulquiorra does indeed have the speed, strength, stamina and raw power to tank through what shinji can do and deal some damage -I could see that tail being specially useful in catching shinji by surprise if he attempts to attack ulquiorra from the back while using sakenade-.
    The thing is Ulquiorra is no where near as good tactically or as smart as Aizen and I doubt he's as powerful...Besides he'd have no idea of what the ability was until too late...Logically all he'd have to do is use it in conjuction with the mask and SHAZAM!!! we see Ulquiorra's lopped off head before he gets a chance to do anything.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by savantking View Post
    The thing is Ulquiorra is no where near as good tactically or as smart as Aizen and I doubt he's as powerful...Besides he'd have no idea of what the ability was until too late...Logically all he'd have to do is use it in conjuction with the mask and SHAZAM!!! we see Ulquiorra's lopped off head before he gets a chance to do anything.
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. Besides, during Shinji's fight against Aizen, it could have easily been the case that Aizen was using KS during that time as well. As a matter of fact, if Aizen doesn't have a cut on his arm, he was definitely using KS. So it's not even really a case where Aizen is such a genius that he was able to get accustomed to fighting with everything being reversed.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll go on the other side....till now Shinji didn't displayed anything to let me think that he can beat Ulquiorra R2 beside the hype of being the vizard captains.
    He has a nice shikai that's true,but I think that both Ulquiorra and Stark are smart enough to see through it and counter it!!
    Said that,R2 speed is beyond what I've seen till now beside Aizen and Ichi's R2,same goes for his raw power and his energetic attack.Not saying that his peskis and his istintict should be enough to counter it without relying on sight...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RumorZ's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. Besides, during Shinji's fight against Aizen, it could have easily been the case that Aizen was using KS during that time as well. As a matter of fact, if Aizen doesn't have a cut on his arm, he was definitely using KS. So it's not even really a case where Aizen is such a genius that he was able to get accustomed to fighting with everything being reversed.
    ill be honest and agree with this statement, considering it doesnt seem like Aizen got cut, so im guessing its all KS.

speaking of which, i have to say Ulq was really strong, but im just taking into account of Shinji's shikai is already hax enough to make it extremely difficult.

If i had to say in a normal fight without Shinji's shikai, i'd say they are about the same, considering shinji uses his mask and Ulq is in his second state, actually i think Ulq might have the upper hand in this fight, id say the mostly the reason why Shinji would win is because of his Shikai, just like how mostly the reason why it seems Aizen is unstoppable is because of KS, well as far as i can tell that is.

im not really undermining anything, im just taking what i think and applying it to the situation.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast