Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta
    Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
    Series begins in WSJ 2009 #12 (release date 22 Feb 2010 )

About the series:
    Utsuru Sanada is a professional photographer at the age of 17, he can guess the exact 3 sizes of any girl, he can memorize anything he sees, and he can counterattack karate moves (Most guys would want these abilities). Why? Because he has superb photographic memory called “Shutter Eye” (Shutter as in the shutter of a camera). He meets Niko Kurihara, the female protagonist, who dislikes men, is a master of martial arts, and is of course beautiful.

One-shot:
    Utsuru attempts to prove to Niko that he is not the guy she thinks he so he can take a picture of her. He starts by investigating Niko’s friend’s date, who appears to be a deceiving guy according to rumors……
    Filled with action, comedy, and a little ecchi, "Lock on!" makes its debut in Shonen Jump! [s1o2r3a4]

Serialization:
    Utsuru wants to wants to convince Niko to let him photograph her while she's smiling and possibly even recruit her for a magazine! But in order to do that, he must first convince her that not all men are wolves. Niko's friendly and popular childhood friend Yuki also wants to help Niko get along with boys, so she arranges a welcome party for Utsuru and all of their classmates at an amusement park! What will happen when Niko decides to loosen up and give associating with boys one more chance? Will Utsuru the "hentai cameraman" ever be able to get permission to take pictures of her?

About the Author:
    N/A
    Last edited by Akiyama; March 01, 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added pirate :)
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [NEW] Lock-on! by TSUCHIDA Kenta

Well, the oneshot looked interesting. I haven't taken a look at the raw for the first chapter yet, but I'm going to scanlate it.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

Negative Syndicate

I just read the first chapter, and I think it is good as one shot. But, I kind have a feeling like Lock On meant to replace Ane Doki for romantic comedy's place. I think Lock On might going to be romantic comedy series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this one shot is interessting. But I don´t think so, that this manga will be in series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought it was pretty bland, to be honest. Might check out the translation but I doubt it'd be something I follow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The characters in the one-shot are pretty generic, but it is set in a school setting so that isn't really the worst thing. We already have a way to distinguish the lead character from the other guys. I am interested to see how the concept of the shutter eye will work in a longer series (if it lasts more than one volume)

Negative Syndicate

Maybe I'm asking too much for just one chapter, but I want to other poeple's opinion on main focuse of Lock On going to be. Honestly, I'm not really sure what series is heading to. If chapter 2 is similar to chapter 1, then I'm not sure thise series will last long.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for one thing this is WAYYYY better than Ane-doki! It has the action genre, & yes it's not completely over-the-top kind of manga. Shutter eye is just the author's version of photographic memory. & it makes sense. There are 4 (or 5) people in this world who is exactly the same as the protagonist. (Although they're not photographers & martial artists) if one of those people took up the photographer profession (or martial artist) you can bet that person'll turn out exactly be the same as the protagonist.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I like the idea. I mean this is a pretty complex character romantic/comedy type manga. And I honestly am torn that Ane Doki is canceled, and kind of wanted just a little bit different of an ending but it is what I wanted.

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ~†Ale†~'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems interesting. I hope only if it doesn't finish early like Kanata or Kagijin...

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly: not impressed. Generic characters; a tsundere, a shady guy with a heart of gold. Really? In shonen? The plot has potential but at least in the one shot was to stiff. The art was generic. I'll give the serialization a try just to see if improvements are made. Some stories need more than one chapter to work. Maybe this is one. Still, I'm expecting next to nothing.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm feeling the same as Kaiten. Not impressed with the oneshot. I do hope the series is better because I want some good new Jump series to come out. Haven't seen a real good one in a while.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lock On! 1
    Hmm.... I liked the oneshot better.... it didn't feel as strong as the oneshot... I'll still give it a try though...

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the the first chapter.I guess it was mainly because of the characters,especially Sanada.I can totally sympathize with him and it feels like i would be the main character
    But seriously,everything he says and does,i can sympathize with.

Definitly going to follow this manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LilaChan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The first chapter is better then the one shot by miles. The jokes are placed in the right place, and it was an enjoyable read. Not sure whether it can be kept up to this level. So the female lead is an other tsundere charcter? I hope Tsuchida would be able to write her less as a stereotypical tsundere, they get boring quite easily. The male lead is interesting, his geassshutter eye could be develope for different purposes. I'm waiting for a rival that has similar abilities.

The art feels really bland, Tsuchida would probably be able to keep up with it. Although I think more art shifts and weirdo-chibi would probably help, since there are too much 'dull shocks'. And...where's the background?

Overall, decent start, has alot of potential. But nothing about it left me a strong impression (good or bad).

Eye patch of power is indeed eye patch of power.

I wanted a totally girly sigature...

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast