Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Thread: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

  1. #76
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Yet when I said something about it here:

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I'm simply countering what you have put forth. You say that she's a medic therefore Kakashi couldn't have taught her because he wouldn't know much about medical techniques. Ignoring the fact that the only reason she became such was because she brought it upon herself, no instruction to do so by her sensei or anything of the sort, Her being a medic does not mean that she is incapable of learning standard Ninjutsu. Something that, according to his legend, he has in spades. "Man of 1000 techniques". You say that he could not have taught her illusionary techniques because it comes from his eye. Which is not only not the case, but the eye itself does not do the job it just makes it easier for the user. The entire reason of bringing Ebisu Up was to point out the fact that he has shown that he can at least leave his students in capable hands if he is not able to help them. However, the point is moot given the fact that he was capable of teaching her illusionary techniques. However he did not because... reasons. Point being, why bother pointing it out if you never did anything about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    He was a man of 1000 techniques, why? Sharingan. Copy-ninja Kakashi, remember? No, Kakashi cannot teach Sakura genjutsu since Kakashi is not a genjutsu type. Kakashi is a ninjutsu type nin. But yes, Kakashi could have atleast referred her to Kurenai.
    You made no attempt to clarify that it was a simple question and need for clarification on your part. Like you've done with a lot of my points throughout the entire discussion that we've had, it was ignored and we kept going. So for you to now say that it was such comes off a little suspect.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 20, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    You made no attempt to clarify that it was a simple question and need for clarification on your part. Like you've done with a lot of my points throughout the entire discussion that we've had, it was ignored and we kept going. So for you to now say that it was such comes off a little suspect.
    See your reading comprehension problem now?

    Its a question followed by an admission that I don't remember something.

    You read it and thought " ....type counterargument... press enter"

    Now I understand why you are claiming moving the goal post, but there was really no goal post to move.

    Upon checking it again, its your claim of moving the goal post that is suspect.

    You raised up the 1000 techniques and the genjutsu.

    I even addressed the one where you included Itachi due to his ability to cast genjutsu with his fingers and all of it as what the author wrote.

    But after several interactions, you complain about goal post moves on the subjects you raised despite the fact that you raised them.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; August 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #78
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    See your reading comprehension problem now?

    Its a question followed by an admission that I don't remember something.

    You read it and thought " ....type counterargument... press enter"

    Now I understand why you are claiming moving the goal post, but there was really no goal post to move.

    Upon checking it again, its your claim of moving the goal post that is suspect.

    You raised up the 1000 techniques and the genjutsu.

    I even addressed the one where you included Itachi due to his ability to cast genjutsu with his fingers and all of it as what the author wrote.

    But after several interactions, you complain about goal post moves on the subjects you raised despite the fact that you raised them.
    That is incorrect you brought up Genjutsu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    You simply do not understand. Kakashi taught her enough. But what you are asking is simply what he cannot give and only Tsunade could.

    Even he cannot teach Sakura genjutsu because his genjutsu comes from the sharingan, not something that can be done using hand seals and can be shared
    I said nothing of it in my initial post to you. Now I may have brought up the 1000 technique moniker, however, when I initially presented my interpretation of what you said you did nothing to deny it or claim that it was simply a question and need for clarification. We kept on going with this back and forth.

    How exactly was it clear that that was what you were addressing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    All you are saying is based on what the manga revealed to us so far. And you have the author to blame for that.
    What about this sentence gives an indication that you are specifically addressing my comment about Itachi? Given how vague the sentence was I believed that you had simply dismissed what I said and claimed that was the authors doing. Which made me believe that we went from discussing with the character could and could not do in regard to Sakura, (as in him not knowing medical techniques and therefore he could not teach her anything given the fact that you did nothing to deny my interpretation) to it's the author's fault.

    The whole point of bringing up Itachi anyway was to show that genjutsu is not on the eye it's on the individual. A point that you indeed did bring up. Then you brought up the fact that he could not teach her genjutsu because he's not a genjutsu type. That itself is not true given the fact that he did use genjutsu without the sharingan before. And the simple fact that he's not a genjutsu type, does not mean he can't teach genjutsu at least the very basics of it. After this you no longer address my point and simply claimed that I had a reading comprehension problem. Thinking of it, there was really nothing regarding the 1000 technique moniker that I claimed you to be moving the goalpost on. You brought up genjutsu coming from the eye, I countered it, you switch stances to saying it was about his typing, I countered it, you ignore it afterwards.

    Based on you not denying my interpretation, of the post I initially replied to and vagueness of the sentence regarding Itachi the only other thing that I claimed you to be moving the goal post on was indeed on me. However, you claiming now it was a simple question and need for clarification on your part after all of this is very questionable.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 20, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

  5. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    If Kakashi went wrong simply because he showed favouritism by teaching a certain student, then Gai is just as bad for special training Lee in the 8 gates tai arts.

    If Kakashi is blamed for not teaching Naruto and Sakura techs, then Kurenai is just as faulty in this department towards her student, Shino the hive guy, Hinata the hyuuga girl, and Kiba of the Akamaru dog clan. The same blame would also transpire to Asuma for not teaching Inoshikacho any tangible techs they could proudly call unique.

    Kakashi's role was to lead the GENINS-the youngest, lowest and most inexperienced ranked ninjas- through a series of lowly ranked E-D-C and or on rare occasion, B ranked missions, and given em real experience being out their in the world. On that note, I think it's fair to say Kakashi fulfilled his duty as a teacher.

    Eventually, greater and stronger teachers took his students under their wing and developed their power for real.

    Now, was that fair for the students left out? Hell to the no...a thousands no...absolutely not fair
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

  6. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    I am going to take a completely different approach here and look at it from the perspective of the students. From that perspective, Kakashi was always an inadequate and insufficient teacher. Let's start with Sasuke:

    - Kakashi took Sasuke under his wing as both of them were alike on few fronts. Even when the team Kakashi and Minato flashbacks are shown, Kakashi is always paralleled with Sasuke. He had the lightening affinity, he had talent, and he was a prodigy. All ticks for Kakashi as well. So, for Kakashi, Sasuke was the easy student who could be molded into a much better ninja. He created a bond with him by teaching him his signature technique in hopes of mollifying Sasuke's revenge.

    Now, was Kakashi an adequate teacher for Sasuke? I don't think so. Putting all the nonsense about Nationalism aside, Sasuke wanted revenge. Compared to Orochimaru, Kakashi was not an apt teacher. He couldn't teach him to master CS, he couldn't forsake the Leaf indoctrinated principles and let Sasuke, for example, practice Kenjutsu by trying to kill hundreds of shinobi - Sasuke chose not to, but he intended otherwise - or use overpowering Genjutsu whenever he felt like etc etc.

    Orochimaru probably used god knows how many methods not advised openly in any village to get Sasuke Sasuke to train all the time. He also wanted revenge on Itachi and Kakashi was just not the right teacher to teach him how to attain this goal.

    - Naruto was mostly sidelined as Kakashi was originally appointed as a simple watch dog. He taught Naruto little because of his original responsibilities. Naruto needed a father figure, and Kakashi wasn't it. Jiraiya filled that hole aptly. After the FRS method, Kakashi's usefulness as a teacher completely vanished. Naruto needed someone like Bee, a Jinchuriki to teach him how to tame Kurama.

    I doubt even Naruto wanted Kakashi to teach him all this. It's much more obvious if one looks at it from the other end.

    - Sakua had medic nin capabilities from the start. Even for her Kakashi was an inadequate teacher, given his complete lack of experience in this department. He couldn't have taught Sakura anything noticeable. I think she made the right choice by going to Tsunade, just like Sasuke and Naruto did for their other respective teachers.

    People forget that it's all about convenience and better teaching to attain goals. It was not Kakashi who failed in my opinion, but the students had completely different mindsets to begin with. I don't think Kakashi could have pleased this motley bunch.
    Last edited by shahdan; August 20, 2014 at 05:11 PM.

  7. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    It doesn't work that way, KiSwordsman.

    My statement:

    As for not teaching Sakura, wasn't Sakura the designated medic of Team 7? I can't seem to remember anything about Kakashi knowing medical ninjutsus.

    Is a question and a need for clarification. - This is a statement of fact. NOT AN OPINION.

    Seriously. The first sentence ends in a question mark (?). The next one starts with "I can't seem to remember".

    You failing to understand that speaks more of your ability to understand.

    I do not need to clarify anything. You needed the clarification? Then ask for it.

    And me needing to spell out the obvious to you further emphasize your reading comprehension problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    That is incorrect you brought up Genjutsu.
    I stand corrected. You are right.

    You raised up techniques, which translates to jutsus.

    Which is why I raised genjutsus.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    I said nothing of it in my initial post to you. Now I may have brought up the 1000 technique moniker, however, when I initially presented my interpretation of what you said you did nothing to deny it or claim that it was simply a question and need for clarification. We kept on going with this back and forth.
    Deny what? I addressed your 1000 technique and this - The fact that she has practically zero influence from him, Techniques or otherwise, Is a bunch of bull crap on his part. .

    We kept going back and forth because you raised things beyond that which you attempted to counter.

    Here, let me help you out (this is really becoming very tedious for me.):

    Quote Quote:
    That's not an excuse, not at all. She became who she is because she sought Tsunade out on her own. Kakashi was still her teacher right up until the time skip. The fact that she has practically zero influence from him, Techniques or otherwise, Is a bunch of bull crap on his part. Especially if you consider the fact that out of literally the entire team, they were closest to one another in terms of proximity. She was the only one to stay with in the village over those two years yet he acted like he hadn't seen her for that amount of time when the second bell test happened.
    First, no one is making an excuse. So your "counterargument" is already wrong from the start. I'm not even sure why you raised Sakura going to Tsunade.
    2nd, you claim that Kakashi has zero influence to her. This is false. There is small influence thanks to the trainings and time spend doing missions. Saying zero is just downright lying.
    3rd, closest to one means nothing. Kakashi is not a full time teacher. How many times must this be spelled out? He is a Jounin. He has other things to do. Again, beyond the scope of what you were trying to counter.
    4th, team 7 were already doing missions together after Kakashi passed them(after the bell test). so what the hell are you blabbering about that 2 years and acted like not seeing her?

    All those 4 points are not open for debate. They are not opinions. But feel free to even try.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; August 21, 2014 at 02:30 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  8. #82
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by firework View Post
    In the latest chapter, Kakashi said that he blames himself for his student's shortcomings. Where do you think he went wrong with his students? What should/could he have done otherwise?

    For me, i think he went wrong at the chunin exam. In the bell, test, the team was shown to have terrible teamwork and they never really passed the test. Then against Haku and Zabuza, neither Sasuke nor Naruto were able to kill Haku despite their training. Sakura didnt even do shit. Then at the first opportunity he gets, he sends his student's into a life threatening test as if they actually proved themselves. >.>

    He shouldve followed what Gai did and waited a year so that his students were more ready. They only had 2 real ninja encounters prior to the exam -_-
    troll thread is troll

    sorry bro, but only one team is fighting to save the entire planet, and that is team 7

    so i think kaka sensei did just fine....

  9. #83
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    It doesn't work that way, KiSwordsman.

    My statement:

    As for not teaching Sakura, wasn't Sakura the designated medic of Team 7? I can't seem to remember anything about Kakashi knowing medical ninjutsus.

    Is a question and a need for clarification. - This is a statement of fact. NOT AN OPINION.

    Seriously. The first sentence ends in a question mark (?). The next one starts with "I can't seem to remember".

    You failing to understand that speaks more of your ability to understand.

    I do not need to clarify anything. You needed the clarification? Then ask for it.

    And me needing to spell out the obvious to you further emphasize your reading comprehension problem.
    It's text on a screen guy. We aren't talking face to face. there is no type of inflection that could have been put forth for me to interpret it as a simply question. I know it's not an opinion it is in fact a statement. However, there is not just one way to interpret that due to it being text on the screen. I interpreted it like this:

    Due to Sakura being a medic it's not like Kakashi could've taught her anything because he knows nothing of medical techniques.

    To answer your question and give you clarification: yes, Sakura is the designated medic of team seven. No, Kakashi did not know anything of medical techniques. That does not mean however that he could not teach her something outside of medical techniques. The last part added because the question started with "As for not teaching Sakura".


    Quote Quote:
    Deny what? I addressed your 1000 technique and this - The fact that she has practically zero influence from him, Techniques or otherwise, Is a bunch of bull crap on his part. .

    We kept going back and forth because you raised things beyond that which you attempted to counter.
    Deny my interpretation of your question.

    You say that she's a medic therefore Kakashi couldn't have taught her because he wouldn't know much about medical techniques.

    If that's not how you view things and you say nothing about my interpretation of it, of course I'm going to think that's how you view things and continue to go with with it. Due to it being text on a screen which is open for different interpretations.

    You don't need to clarify anything, but you do it now after this entire thing? You can understand why I find that odd.

    I even said, So I fail to see what I don't understand. If that was indeed it, that this was a simply question and not an implication that Kakashi could not teach her anything due to not having knowledge of any medical jutsu, why was clarification not given then? However, we kept going.


    Quote Quote:
    Here, let me help you out (this is really becoming very tedious for me.):


    First, no one is making an excuse. So your "counterargument" is already wrong from the start. I'm not even sure why you raised Sakura going to Tsunade.
    2nd, you claim that Kakashi has zero influence to her. This is false. There is small influence thanks to the trainings and time spend doing missions. Saying zero is just downright lying.
    3rd, closest to one means nothing. Kakashi is not a full time teacher. How many times must this be spelled out? He is a Jounin. He has other things to do. Again, beyond the scope of what you were trying to counter.
    4th, team 7 were already doing missions together after Kakashi passed them(after the bell test). so what the hell are you blabbering about that 2 years and acted like not seeing her?


    All those 4 points are not open for debate. They are not opinions. But feel free to even try.


    I said this had gotten tiresome at page ago, so you're not the only one. trust me.
    1. Refer to my initial interpretation of the post. The reason I brought up Tsunade was because you brought up Sakura being a medic

    2. I said practically zero, obvious comparison to what her two teammates got from Kakashi. It still accounts for the small influence he had with the minuscule amount of training in her regard and the missions. So no one's lying here.

    3. Remember, you brought the conversation to his tasks as a Jonin of Naruto and Sasuke. That was not me. You keep saying that I brought up things that I tried to counter and the only thing that is true for that was due to my interpretation of what you said and the vagueness of your statement regarding Itachi.

    4. During the bell test when she found him underground he didn't know that Tsunade had been instructing her in Taijutsu. Anyone that knew she was getting trained by Tsunade would know that she's getting trained in medical jutsu. However, for him not to be aware that she inherited Tsunade's "monstrous strength" would imply that they would have had little if any interaction with each other for the entire 2 1/2 years. Naruto also started doing missions with them so it's not like just because they started doing missions after the bell test it means anything. During the bell test he even made comments on their growth. Both of them not just Naruto.

    We are literally arguing over our argument at this point so I vote we just end this here.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    troll thread is troll

    sorry bro, but only one team is fighting to save the entire planet, and that is team 7

    so i think kaka sensei did just fine....

    One could view it that way indeed. But that doesn't take into account the fact that two of his students are reincarnations of two of the people that started this whole mess, and the fact that all three of his students had to go to three different people to shape themselves as people. While that can be debated with Sasuke, and he deserves credit for Naruto's main technique at this point, (Rasenshuriken), it is undoubtedly true with Sakura.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 21, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #84
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    kakashi wasn't supposed to babysitting them or teaching them jutsu , he was just suppose to make them good killer ...

  11. #85
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    You say that she's a medic therefore Kakashi couldn't have taught her because he wouldn't know much about medical techniques.
    Now you're just blatantly lying. I asked if she was a medic. How stupid can you possibly to insist that a statement ending with a question mark is not a question?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman
    If that's not how you view things and you say nothing about my interpretation of it, of course I'm going to think that's how you view things and continue to go with with it. Due to it being text on a screen which is open for different interpretations.
    Bullshit. You thought it was an argument. You. You even blatantly claim that it is somehow making an excuse. You. No one made you think that way except you.

    Open to interpretation is just an excuse you are making now that it is clear you have a very serious reading comprehension problem.

    So stop it already. You were wrong. End of discussion.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  12. #86
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Now you're just blatantly lying. I asked if she was a medic. How stupid can you possibly to insist that a statement ending with a question mark is not a question?
    This is not about insisting that it's not a question. It's about the implications coming from the question itself which I thought was an argument for Kakashi's case and not a simple inquiry given the fact that you also mentioned that you couldn't remember Kakashi knowing Medical techniques, all of this starting with "As for not teaching Sakura." I've been trying to be as civil as I possibly can you. However that seems to not matter to you. So I refuse to entertain this mess any longer.

    Quote Quote:
    Bullshit. You thought it was an argument. You. You even blatantly claim that it is somehow making an excuse. You. No one made you think that way except you.

    Open to interpretation is just an excuse you are making now that it is clear you have a very serious reading comprehension problem.

    So stop it already. You were wrong. End of discussion.
    Refer to the above. After this entire discussion you just now claiming it to be a simple inquiry and nothing more comes across as backpedaling now that the discussion is over. This is true that the interpretation was indeed on me but I presented it to you far before this and you are just now bothering to clarify that it was a simple inquiry after so long of taking shots at me and not bothering to elaborate. I even tried to end the discussion peacefully, but no dice. You have been an absolute delight.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 22, 2014 at 10:33 AM.

  13. #87
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    That might be the case. But knowing something does not mean being able to teach it to someone. Its an is-ought thing. Flawed from the start.

    We have no idea what those 1,000 jutsus are. We can speculate as much as we can. But if they are complicated jutsus, then Kakashi would not just teach them to anyone. Remember, even for Sasuke, a very gifted individual ninjutsu-wise, Kakashi taught him a technique he himself develop, not one of the jutsus he copied through sharingan.
    Jiraiya himself said he was bad at genjutsu, yet he was able to teach Naruto how to break out of genjutsu, so I don't see how Kakashi is unable to teach Sakura how to cast genjutsu. Hell, even if he can't, he could have asked Kurenai for help as he asked Ebisu and Yamato to help Naruto.

    But we have seen some of those 1,000 jutsu, and some of them could help Sakura. How does not burrowing underground help her? she can get close to her enemy or someone she needs to save this way, as well as dodge attacks at her.

    I also remember that Kakashi did not have enough time for Sasuke to learn anything else, and he only taught Sasuke chidori because it was the best jutsu for the situation.

    ---------- Post added August 25, 2014 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was August 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mh200 View Post
    kakashi wasn't supposed to babysitting them or teaching them jutsu , he was just suppose to make them good killer ...
    He was actually supposed to babysit Naruto while training Sasuke to master his Sharingan. It was only with Sakura he had no reason to focus on her, even though he still could have.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  14. #88
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Jiraiya himself said he was bad at genjutsu, yet he was able to teach Naruto how to break out of genjutsu, so I don't see how Kakashi is unable to teach Sakura how to cast genjutsu. Hell, even if he can't, he could have asked Kurenai for help as he asked Ebisu and Yamato to help Naruto.
    I already conceded that Kurenai part several posts ago. And Jiraiya is on a 1-on-1 with Naruto. Despite that, even Jiraiya was unable to teach genjutsu. Kakashi was original focusing on 3, where 2 of them are his priorities.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But we have seen some of those 1,000 jutsu, and some of them could help Sakura. How does not burrowing underground help her? she can get close to her enemy or someone she needs to save this way, as well as dodge attacks at her.
    Again, as I have repeatedly stated, its just an assumption to claim that there is even 1 among the 1,000 jutsus Kakashi copied can be taught to Sakura. Also, Naruto was able to burrow underground on his own during his fight with Neji. So it is not something that needed to be taught by Kakashi personally. The same goes for closing on an enemy and dodging attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I also remember that Kakashi did not have enough time for Sasuke to learn anything else, and he only taught Sasuke chidori because it was the best jutsu for the situation.
    That is correct. Chidori is the only jutsu Kakashi taught Sasuke. And it is a ninjutsu, to be more precise.

    Overall, it is Naruto who got a lot of things from Kakashi in team 7. Yes, Sakura had the least.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; August 28, 2014 at 03:24 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  15. #89
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    And as I said, Jiraiya was able to teach Naruto how to break out of genjutsu, which is something. Kakashi could have focused on Sakura after Sasuke defected and Naruto left with Jiraiya and teach her things like jutsu and genjutsu. I'm sure she wasn't just limited to being trained by Tsunade.

    How is an assumption for Kakashi to teach Sakura a jutsu that he has used in the manga? Naruto burrowed underground, but he hurt himself in doing so. Kakashi did not hurt himself, he disappeared without a trace, twice. Taijutsu can also be different, and Kakashi can have ways for Sakura to get in close and attack or dodge. Find ways to increase her speed and reflexes.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

  16. #90
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where did Kakashi go wrong with his students?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    And as I said, Jiraiya was able to teach Naruto how to break out of genjutsu, which is something.
    So you are also assuming that Kakashi nows what Jiraiya knows (breaking out of genjutsu without needing sharingan).

    Kakashi is shown to be very reliant on his sharingan to get out of genjutsu.

    So we can conclude that he is not on par with Jiraiya when it comes to genjutsu breaking without sharingan.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Kakashi could have focused on Sakura after Sasuke defected and Naruto left with Jiraiya and teach her things like jutsu and genjutsu. I'm sure she wasn't just limited to being trained by Tsunade.
    I believe Sakura was already under Tsunade at that time. But yes, Kakashi could have.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    How is an assumption for Kakashi to teach Sakura a jutsu that he has used in the manga?
    This is in reference to the 1000 jutsus he copied through sharingan. It is an assumption since we do not have knowledge of all 1000 jutsus. We do not really know if they can or cannot be taught to Sakura. We can only assume yes or no.

    Even Sasuke only got chidori, only 1 jutsu from Kakashi. And Naruto is also in the same position as Sakura: Kakashi never taught him any of his jutsu.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Naruto burrowed underground, but he hurt himself in doing so. Kakashi did not hurt himself, he disappeared without a trace, twice. Taijutsu can also be different, and Kakashi can have ways for Sakura to get in close and attack or dodge. Find ways to increase her speed and reflexes.
    Those are things that Kakashi could have taught all 3 of them. But he never did. He taught Sasuke chidori. He taught Naruto about his element and aid him in adding wind element in his rasengan. Sakura? Nothing worth noting, I confess. He never taught any of them taijutsu, genjutsu and how to improve speed and reflexes.

    I'm not 100% sure why the author made it that way.

    I think it is to somehow mirror the 3 legendary Sannin.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; August 29, 2014 at 05:44 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts