Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 312 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 312 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by lesengir View Post
    This it's the first chapter of the year Right?
    Uh... I think so? I thought we had one in february not sure though. Makes it easier to not keep track :X.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama View Post
    Come Back in Young Animal #13 (25/06)
    Back to uni on the 28th...i have never been soooo keen to get close to that date until now.
    woop woop woop woooo yaya yay yay
    miura is back sooner than expected?! i hope like its a 30 page one.
    I wonder what Ilsma will do?? i reckon the village folks will attack guts and co and Isma will help the team.

I smell elfheim soon, mirua should be ready for it now. so great to hear the legends return, been re-reading berserk and will love to see guts do anything even if its one page.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    So a mix-up of Arab and Indian Mythology may be on purpose? Remember, this is the universe in which Berserk exists, not ours.
    Right. Although there's a clear distinction between "East" and "West", you'll find that Berserk's weaponry, armour, clothing, architecture are all mixtures of seperate eras and civilisations, and religion is treated no differently.

Berserk seeks not to be historically accurate; it's a work of fiction, set in a fictional world. Therefore, Miura has artistic license to depict whatever he likes, however he likes, regardless of its inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama View Post
    Come Back in Young Animal #13 (25/06)
    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Praise the evil goat Gods with pr0n star cocks!
    Heathen! There is but one god, and I have felt the touch of his noodly appendage! This new episode is surely divinely inspired by the one who flies...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well I surely can't wait for more Berserk, even if it is just gonna be about the sea god and the creepy townsfolk. Guts & Co still don't know about the planes merging so I guess this arc would be a good way to get them up to speed

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's pray for at least 3 chapters without break !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

idk ever since togashi's hxh went on hiatus i've been hungry for some berserk big time. i want at least ten chapters without a hiatus. knowing miura i'm being greedy but still. damn. at least that before a hiatus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    idk ever since togashi's hxh went on hiatus i've been hungry for some berserk big time. i want at least ten chapters without a hiatus. knowing miura i'm being greedy but still. damn. at least that before a hiatus.
    Very greedy lol

there is a link somewhere here of all of the hiatus miura has had since chapter 200. the he did was 7 chapters, we would be lucky to get 5, but prob only get 2-3 lol but those 2-3 chapters will be a blessing of the story moving forward.

Reading back on the golden age, i really want guts and caska to love each other/get along again. Even with her being silly she was showing affection to him after being saved when the world egg hatch, but when a spirit got into him in the snow he choked her which stuffed them up..

Looks like soon she may be showing affection again soon because of how farnnese reacted to caska in the ship, going on how guts is doing everything for her and shes running away from him.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member thefreak's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    you cant compare those two based on the speed of the releases. claymore is in a magasine that is published once a month and therefore has 40 pages. on the other hand berserk is published in a biweekly magasine -> 20 pages per release. BUT from what i heard miura works on berserk without the help of the assistants and often does a thorough research about monsters, weapons, characters etc. appearing in manga. that is the reason it takes so long for a release to see the light of the worild. also if you compare the details of the art youll find out that miuras art is god-like in comparison to the author of the claymore (dont know his name though..........and dont get me wrong, i like claymore)

manga is about pictures, not about dialogues. if miura can display whats happening without using words, it just proves he is one hell of an author (again dont get me wrong saying that for example one piece has a lot of dialogues so oda is bad author. eichiiro oda aims for laughs and one piece is for smaller kids -> more dialogues)
    Onepiece has absurdly long dialogs I for instance do not read where there is usually a wall of text.
    But still what I am saying is just increase the storytelling pace.. there seem to be many fillers.. which are absolutely unnecessary.
    I just want to crib here.. Whats wrong with the top 3 manga these days?
    Naruto is well; Going ok nowadays but fails to excite me.
    Bleach used to be fast paced but now its crawling.. seriously.
    and One Piece... Dont ask.. its a case of TLDR. Just wall of text after text.. I am reading it just for the heck of it.. Just cant leave the story unfinished. Come on Oda you can do better.

Fairy Tail rules these days.. cant wait for next chapters..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
    Onepiece has absurdly long dialogs I for instance do not read where there is usually a wall of text.
    But still what I am saying is just increase the storytelling pace.. there seem to be many fillers.. which are absolutely unnecessary.
    One Piece is geared towards younger readers. Dialogue is there to explain what the pictures are because kids are generally too damn stupid to figure it out. Berserk on the other hand has an audience that is meant to be adult, so there is no need to have any sort of text explaining what is obvious based on whats pictured.

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@thefreak One Piece and Berserk are my favorites of the seinen and shonen genre. However they're both completely different the plots aren't even close and the magazines they're published in as well.

However I find the story for both to be equal in enjoyment. But in the future refrain from comparing them because Miura is not like any artist in japan. Only a special few can even come close to his level of drawing. So if you've read Berserk by some point you've noticed the details background etc evolve as the story goes on. Dramatically. It's almost like he's painting a masterpiece careful but instead drawing. Especially with no assistants.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    @thefreak One Piece and Berserk are my favorites of the seinen and shonen genre. However they're both completely different the plots aren't even close and the magazines they're published in as well.

However I find the story for both to be equal in enjoyment. But in the future refrain from comparing them because Miura is not like any artist in japan. Only a special few can even come close to his level of drawing. So if you've read Berserk by some point you've noticed the details background etc evolve as the story goes on. Dramatically. It's almost like he's painting a masterpiece careful but instead drawing. Especially with no assistants.
    Yep. Being an artist myself I really appreciate it. Honestly. Mangas are a much larger cash cow than American comics but their quality is usually "meh" at best. Granted much of them demand weekly chapters but American comics are demanded to have a high level of detail. The story doesn't have to be singular but often has many offshoots. When it comes down to it American comics are geared more towards the art than the plot.

That being said. Miura is taking the best of both worlds. He has a manga style with the plot (a damn good one.) But he also has the comic book level of detail in the art work. Its really why its my favorite manga. Its hard to ever dislike anything about it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a little off topic, but in light of mangahelpers stopping all scanlations, does anyone know where we should go for new berserk?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The raw will hit the net like it usually does, followed by Evil-Genius' scanlation. They don't release here at MH anyways, so don't see much changing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MissingLimb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool cool thanks. That's good to know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The raw will hit the net like it usually does, followed by Evil-Genius' scanlation. They don't release here at MH anyways, so don't see much changing.
    Usually, though, someone links to a page where the "infringing material" can be accessed (that is, not directly to the material, but to a site where it is hosted or made available); would that still be allowed under MangaHelpers' new rules?

I suspect not, but I'd like to be sure.

New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast