Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 312 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 312 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    shark girl is gonna reveal something?
    About herself...? Maybe, given time, though I doubt she'll reveal her true identity outright. I mean, she's clearly taken a liking to Isidro and the gang; she wouldn't risk their hostility by revealing herself inhuman (or anything else that could be perceived as dangerous).

My bet is that Schierke will gradually realise Isma's true nature over the course of the coming episodes, yet remain silent on the issue till circumstances compel her to speak out. (She might even choose to confront Isma, if the situation warrants it.)

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    or just be a lonely apostle?
    Tell me, what would an apostle be doing out here, alone, in the middle of the ocean at a time like this?

Really, their purpose is better served elsewhere—especially now. Isma is no apostle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Alone View Post
    Well Schierke already explained at Enoch that the angels from the falcon religion were a representation of the 4 element kings, who reside in the same plane as the god-hand, so, I'm pretty sure that if the God Hand has emerged in the new world, the 4 Kings will follow them and many other "benevolent" spirits may fight them back. Isma could be one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RancorX View Post
    good point
    Agreed. Isma doesn't strike me as the malicious type, either. Despite her concealing her "true" self, she's likely as good-natured as she first appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by RancorX View Post
    before these last chapters there only was 11 chapters during 13 months
    Oh, it's better than that: [CLICK]...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jet_Alone's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the shell in Isma's door resembles to Flora's seal to repel evil? At least it has the 4 cardinal points. If that's correct surely would be to neutralize the influence of the sea God, who only take action at night (The pirates were scared of sunrise).

If that's correct that would confirm that Isma is not an evil spirit, or at least that she is not a minion of the sea god. But it would mean for sure that she is not an apostle.

My bets are on she being a spirit being held as captive (in the Island) somehow by the seagod. Isidro will hear the story and he will try to defeat the god.

Gatsu will appear to save the day and luckly Isidro will develope some new move or ability or something to make him a litle more usefull or at least a litle less a burden (don't misunderstand me, I like a lot Isidro but lately he has been more a comic resource than a fighting asset).
    Last edited by Jet_Alone; March 01, 2010 at 07:57 PM.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the shell in Isma's door resembles to Flora's seal to repel evil?
    This?:

Spoiler show

True, it does bear a resemblance... though it could just as easily be a mundane ornament, if you ask me. Isma lives by the shore where shells are found in abundance, and the arrangement on her door might simply be Isma's attempt at making a house a home—i.e.,decorating.

Obviously, your idea is more interesting, and given Isma's appearance on the final page, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she's versed in the fundamentals of magic and charm crafting. Still...

At least it has the 4 cardinal points. If that's correct surely would be to neutralize the influence of the sea God, who only take action at night (The pirates were scared of sunrise).
    ... I find it hard to believe that the "Sea God", whose apparent od pervades the entire island, could be warded off with a simple charm.

Remember, Flora's seal also deterred evil spirits, but her barrier was by no means impassable (as the apostles demonstrated).

My bets are on she being a spirit being held as captive (in the Island) somehow by the seagod.
    Yeah, I've thought on this myself. Whether or not she's a captive of the "Sea God", I think we can safely assume that she hasn't ventured far from the island; her ardent curiosity of Isidro's travels is evidence of that, I should think.

On the other hand, it's probably occurred to most people that the astral wave may have given Isma "life", and that she's simply eager to see the sights and wonders of a strange new world... It's anyone's guess at this point.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kaos-Sensei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

finally another love triangle havent seen one since the caska/griffith/guts thing and i hope she is a goddess mite be nice to have some superpowered being in the group...i think the next few chaps are gonna be when ishidoro shines
    ALL MUST PAY THE DEBT

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xfactor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SparkHunter13 View Post
    This?:

Spoiler show

It seems to me the spiral on the right is enhanced. The dark fat line only looks like a shadow (disregard the shell) but is probably the same spiral on the left.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it was an ok chapter, I wanted to see what Guts saw in the back. I don't know why everybody is acting chill when the village-folk all look really creepy. And the girl Isidro ran into looks normal, I guess there's some sort of connection between her and the sea god. Anyway I thought that cthulu thing would be alive but it just turned out to be a statue.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    I liked that chapter!

It's the best chapter in a while! It was really funny!
    And I really like Isma!

I wish she could join the crew, it would be nice to have new "interesting" people in the crew...
    And it would bring some new life to relationship... with a possible Schierke-Ishidoro-Isma thing going on!

Well Schierke already explained at Enoch that the angels from the falcon religion were a representation of the 4 element kings, who reside in the same plane as the god-hand, so, I'm pretty sure that if the God Hand has emerged in the new world, the 4 Kings will follow them and many other "benevolent" spirits may fight them back. Isma could be one of them.
    Really good point!!
    That would be nice for them to have the Water Spirit to join and fight alongside them, wouldn't it ?!
    Last edited by THM Nindo; March 08, 2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're probably fish people.

Like the Deep Ones from HP Lovecraft stories.

Guts and co are in a medieval Innsmouth

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member verseatyle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    it was an ok chapter, I wanted to see what Guts saw in the back. I don't know why everybody is acting chill when the village-folk all look really creepy. And the girl Isidro ran into looks normal, I guess there's some sort of connection between her and the sea god. Anyway I thought that cthulu thing would be alive but it just turned out to be a statue.
    Yeah, that panel caught my attention as well, most likely the village folk aren't what they seem, question is are they in with the sea god or Isma or neither, damn these breaks...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read 311 and 312. Having two Berserk chapters that I hadn't read was like Christmas come early. I'm definitely intrigued by Isma and what's going on in this village, I just hope that it advances the plot somehow and isn't just a side adventure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanamechidori View Post
    They're probably fish people.
    Like the Deep Ones from HP Lovecraft stories.
    Guts and co are in a medieval Innsmouth
    yeah, I thought that even before those seaweed-guys in the pub turned up. That statue was so obvious It would even work the same, where people get fishier as they get older, so the girl looks human but the old guys don't. It's a pretty remote island, they're probably just getting on with their lives.
    But she seems more like something from one of those folktales about seal-people or whatever than a lovecraft story.
    either way this is an interesting diversion.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HumanRage's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

By plot, you mean saving Caska of course ?

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arch! View Post
    I'm definitely intrigued by Isma and what's going on in this village, I just hope that it advances the plot somehow and isn't just a side adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanRage View Post
    By plot, you mean saving Caska of course ?
    Well, as Ratatosk said, this is a diversion, a break from the overriding plot and greater issues at hand. That's not to say, however, that the events of the coming and past few episodes will be of no consequence. I fully expect Miura to further develop his characters—Schierke and Isidro in particular—and touch on the complications brought about by the merging, especially where magic is concerned.

Personally, I've enjoyed the story in recent episodes and look forward to its continuation, regardless of whether it advances the central plot.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Miura can do all the character development he wants if he starts releasing more regularly. I would even settle for books (not manga) released that dealt with side-story stuff. I feel like I have to remind myself every time I see a new chapter out who's who. I completely forgot that Farnesse is learning magic from Schierke until this chapter, and that she's engaged to the ship's Captain.

I loved this chapter, but everything feels so stagnant when you look at faster paced manga that get released weekly or bi-weekly. Just look at FMA, Claymore, One Piece, Gantz, and Bleach stuff is really hitting the fan in those series.

Oh well, back to waiting and wishing.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
    IMO, Miura can do all the character development he wants if he starts releasing more regularly. I would even settle for books (not manga) released that dealt with side-story stuff.
    No way. Berserk is a manga and should remain as such, in my opinion. Imagery is a major aspect of Miura's work, and the story would ultimately be less cohesive if told across multiple mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
    I loved this chapter, but everything feels so stagnant when you look at faster paced manga that get released weekly or bi-weekly. Just look at FMA, Claymore, One Piece, Gantz, and Bleach stuff is really hitting the fan in those series.
    Most of the manga listed above simply cannot compare to Berserk on any level, be it artistry, depth in story or characters or whatever. And how you can speak of stagnation after the worldwide upheaval that was volume 34 is beyond me. Berserk is ever-changing and constantly evolving, which seems to be in fact many fans' chief complaint: "Where did all these monsters come from? I liked it better when Guts had companions. Why has Miura given Guts new companions? Why did Miura have to introduce magic to the series? I don't like Guts' new armour," etc, etc. Or maybe they just complain for complaint's sake, who knows?

Your gripe is with the release rate, and I can sympathise. But I'd rather wait patiently, assured that the next release will meet the standard set by past episodes, than clamour for more frequent releases that would inevitably result in a half-baked rush job (e.g. Bleach).
    Last edited by xi0; March 27, 2010 at 09:56 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast