Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Berserk 313 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jet_Alone's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 313 Discussion

If this was bleach when the Innkeeper show his face there will be 4 pages of "what are you" "I'm a spawn of the sea God and I'm gonna bla bla bla bla.

Gutts doesn't care, he is ugly and deserves a knife in the eye.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Alone View Post
    If this was bleach when the Innkeeper show his face there will be 4 pages of "what are you" "I'm a spawn of the sea God and I'm gonna bla bla bla bla.

Gutts doesn't care, he is ugly and deserves a knife in the eye.
    If this was Bleach we would have 20 pages covering only 2 seconds of action. We would also have horrible villains and convenient power ups and power downs. Not to mention skill would be based on your spirit power not the thousands you slaughter heartlessly.

I love Berserk.

When you compare this manga's plot, characters, detail, and just everything - even compared to epic mangas like One Piece it is 100 times better. The characters are as realistic as you will ever find in any story and the art work is exceptional. Gutts has skill based on necessity and just experience. There is no lame measures of power in this story like 99.99% of other mangas out there. Its simple. Humans vs. Monsters. The best and the worst of each side.
    Last edited by llamapie; July 03, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

>_> Guys, this isn't the Berserk vs. ______ thread, it's for discussing the latest episode. Please keep that in mind.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    >_> Guys, this isn't the Berserk vs. ______ thread, it's for discussing the latest episode. Please keep that in mind.
    Sorry about that. I usually divert from topic here though because the waits are so long between chapters. :X

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

No it's understandable, we tend to be more lenient with the rules here in the section due to the hiatus-factor. However, comparing Berserk to shounen manga is sort of silly, and whenever you compare two series, it almost always leads to bashing and subsequently, arguments (though maybe not in this case :P). We just try to avoid such a thing for those reasons.

Ghosted 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member godofthesunn's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to discredit that previous statement.. If you take out all the gore and adult themes in berserk it is comparable to a shonen in just sheer ridiculousness. Even without taking it out the story is simply ridiculous.

Someone said I never post in berserk.. they were terribly wrong..
    How much heat can you take?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

What is "sheer ridiculousness"?

Berserk is a Mature, Dark Fantasy series...many genres can be "ridiculous" by real world standards.

And I don't know how you "discredit" my statement in your post either. I was simply saying comparing Random Shounen to Berserk is sort of silly. Shounen and Seinen don't usually operate on the same wavelength, at least as far as plot progression, plot devices, and themes go. Sure there are general things that are characteristic of nearly all manga, but I digress.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

<< Agrees with xi0 but disagrees with llamapie

You can't compare two different genres, the target audience is different and they are allowed to do different things in the stories. This would be like comparing saturday morning cartoons to an HBO original series.

As far as disagreeing, Berserk is second to me close behind One Piece. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine, but both do a great job working with pacing and making you feel like there is a chance that the main character could lose this fight. I think too often a manga will make sure you know the main character isn't going to lose, the only manga that I think takes it further than these two with regards to hopelessness would be Gantz; but it falls short because it doesn't have the high points like the other two which really makes the low points have more impact.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
    << Agrees with xi0 but disagrees with llamapie

You can't compare two different genres, the target audience is different and they are allowed to do different things in the stories. This would be like comparing saturday morning cartoons to an HBO original series.

As far as disagreeing, Berserk is second to me close behind One Piece. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and this is mine, but both do a great job working with pacing and making you feel like there is a chance that the main character could lose this fight. I think too often a manga will make sure you know the main character isn't going to lose, the only manga that I think takes it further than these two with regards to hopelessness would be Gantz; but it falls short because it doesn't have the high points like the other two which really makes the low points have more impact.
    Well if you read up I was just responding and more or less comparing the authors more than the series itself. Granted yes they are completely different age groups.

I love One Piece as well, but Berserk is actually what got me into manga and anime to begin with. Well I liked watching DBZ on TV so I researched some stuff and Berserk came up as a quality item so I bought the anime series and concluded there had to be more so looked up the manga. I just love the characters too much :P.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

can someone email this chap for me? =(
    for charity, plz ;p the network im using is highly protected... only direct links works.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone still cares, EG's scans are now available for download after an unusually long delay. I'd offer a link, but that goes against MangaHelpers' new policy on scanlations.

I trust you all know where to look...

Quote Originally Posted by seishi View Post
    can someone email this chap for me? =(
    for charity, plz ;p the network im using is highly protected... only direct links works.
    You'll often find a link to a direct download in the corresponding thread at EG's forums.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

off topic much?

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...apter-313.html

Did anyone else notice the caption saying, "beings of the wicked ocean". This would lead one to think that there are going to be several of these tentacle monsters. Its hard to say if they're all connected and based on, "beings" being plural i'd have to say separate.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...ter+313&page=3

She mentions that, "they're afraid." I presume this is referring to the town folk who have now been eaten? However then she mentions, "all of em". I didn't think too much into this declaration after Isma started telling her feelings about the island as of late and the towns people turning to tentacles until the following...

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...ter+313&page=4

After re-reading this and this http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...ter+313&page=9

I started thinking... when Isma says, "the people of this island are afraid of incurring the wrath of the sea god" her facial expression is that of smugness. It reminded me of this picture... http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...er+312&page=21

My prediction: Isma is the sea god. Whole lot of fish flying around that head. She also knows a lot about the story of the sea god. I think she is a major player in whats to come and not simply another companion. IF she IS the sea god then I'm thinking she's bipolar. ATM she's manic and happy but if she gets depressed and pissed... lol she'll eat all the fish and destroy that part of the wild? (general area which primarily encompasses water? lol) I'm still not sure whats up with the tentacle beasts yet though and if they're related.

Any thoughts?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am thinking each of the big ones is an arm of the main one (the island) or perhaps on an even larger scale.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone have the chapter 313 raw??
    i'm searching for it but it's very difficult to find it, someone can help me?
    thx o/

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well read the chapter again...I thought I would like it more...I think this is due to waiting for the chapters...I mean it was so spectacular when I read the whole, and I waited infinite months for a chapter with not much action or development...but nonetheless I liked the small little info presented...I like how the world of berserk evolves...and by the look of guts, there's showtime next chapter

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3