Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing

Title:
    Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing
    (ラストエグザイル-銀翼のファム-; Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam)
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Oct 14, 2011 to ?
    Producers: Gonzo, FUNimation EntertainmentL
    Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

Summary:
    Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing is a new original tale in the Last Exile universe. It features new characters, new mechanics and an all new story centered around the young ace vanship pilot, Fam, and her trusted navigator, Giselle, as they pilot their vanship, Vespa, through the free and peaceful skies.

Opening Theme: "Buddy" by Maaya Sakamoto
    Ending Theme: "Starboard" by Hitomi Kuroishi

Spoiler: Japanese Staff show

Spoiler: Japanese Cast show

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

From the first episode, I can't say whether I like it or not. So far it doesn't have something that special; good artwork, a so-so plot, fun characters. But nothing much special. The soundtracks are pretty good though, considering that Maaya Sakamoto and Hitomi Kuroishi work for this series. :3 I'll check some more episodes before dropping it if it turns out boring.
    Last edited by phio_chan; October 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing

What can I say, the wait was worth the while. While the first episode started the story almost immediately, way faster than the first series did (but... I think it's still 24 episodes long, unless I'm wrong), it didn't feel rushed at all, and actually did a pretty good job of introducing the main cast. Music was also very good, although the opening could have used more ship-to-ship combat scenes.

I'm also glad to see some old characters return : Dio of course (still crazy awesome), who also mentionned a "Sophia", time will tell if she's the one we already know; we also know Tatiana and Alistair will be back, and someone in the op looked kinda like a grown up Alvis. Now we only need Mullin Shetland and I'll be a happy crustacean.

(edit : I've just checked the website, and it's indeed Alvis ! Yay !)

In the end, only the ships design felt odd sometimes. Everything else is exactly what I (expected and hoped) to see in the sequel to one of my favourite animes of all times.
    Last edited by Shrimp; October 18, 2011 at 09:34 AM.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not watch the prequel (the previous Last Exile) so I have no idea of the connection of this series with its prequel. Does it affect the understanding of the plot much if you didn't watch the first Last Exile?

A very different point of view. XD The introduction was okay, though there was nothing very deep about the plot at the moment IMO. I think the designs of characters, the world, and even the ships are pretty awesome. I just need to adjust my eyes a bit to the shape of the ships, though. XD Still, it's too early to decide. :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I do not watch the prequel (the previous Last Exile) so I have no idea of the connection of this series with its prequel. Does it affect the understanding of the plot much if you didn't watch the first Last Exile?
    I don't think we know that yet, other than some old characters are returning. Story-wise, though, I have no idea if the previous events will be important.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

after esp 1 of Season 2.., I will planning to buy Season 1 blu-ray (complete set ) i can't wait for tomorrow for store will open ... I hope Season 1 will me interesting and enjoy to watch ..

New Reply