Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rei Ayanami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Finished volume 2. Better but I would of liked it more if it was about a sport other then ski jumping.

Something like snowboarding. An example being SSX video game series
    Last edited by Rei Ayanami; March 10, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally caught up!

I wonder what the Emperor (he even has me scared into calling him that ) will do now that he has seen what Nono can do? The obvious answer is try to beat her up (which I'm sure he will try or something to that extent), but what if after he gets his initial anger out, he shes her as his rival in a way and starts training to get better? He might even be able to get good enough to actually be as good as he thinks he is.

I hope something bad happens to Shingu. The Emperor deserves what's coming to him, but if Shingu goes through with messing with him during his jump, he will hurt the team as well. Which is lame Hopefully, he will either have a change of heart or get caught in the act and stopped.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Raichu's Avatar
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Newest chapter:Nono pwned them right in the face,that's all I have to say...xD

The newest chapter made me reread raw 3 and 4 again...lol...

I think that I'd probably will never get tired of this manga...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cookie_on_fire's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say raw 3 and 4, do you mean the volumes?

Vol 4 and 5 are quite exciting, to say in the least

Global Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member c_k's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I don't know if the Emperor is gonna go train harder. Somehow he doesn't seem the type. Well.... we haven't seen him do so so for all we know, he could be... He DOES seem to be the vindictive type so who knows what'll happen now that he knows, but "BLOOD WILL BE SHED~"

When I saw Nono finally debuting after seeing all the people ridiculing her about her dreams about winning the gold medal I was totally like "HAH! In your face~" Ah~ finally having her debut with a good jump made me all happy. Ah~ Nono <3

And now that Nono's score is probably better than the Emporer's, now the jumpers are gonna be: Emperor, Amatsu and Nono with Shingu out of the running~ I wonder if the other school would even accept him since he couldn't even be the best of 3~ I would soooooo love to see his face when the coach says: Sorry, but you're just not even good enough. XD

@ cookie_on_fire: stop teasing us~ It's so unfair you can read it all ahead of us. Hurry up and TL faster~ XD Your hints are making me want to check out the raws sooooooooo bad... >_<

NJT: "Bullet points are a turn on, just like breasts"

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Go, Nono, go! I was really happy that her debut went so well! You could tell how much it bothered her when everyone was putting her down. But I think the insults probably ended up just fueling her fire to perform even better. She pulled out an amazing jump! And it was high time everyone realized she's a serious threat, not just a dark horse. Nono is there to win!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's also frustrating for me too, knowing what happens but not being able to share it XD

But yeah, Okamoto is very good at making something not so interesting into something really exciting. If this were some other manga, a lot of people might have turned away by now...is what I think.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katsuri's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, the last two chapters were pretty intense. First Nonomiya blows us away, then comes the Emperor and blow us way even further.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Brid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exciting latest chapter! No surprise that the other coach plans to double-cross Shingu. Any bastard who would suggest injuring someone else just to win an athletic competition would never be honorable. Now, the question is: what will Shingu do? Will he go through with the plan? I get the impression that what he cares most about isn't getting into the school, but getting his revenge on the emperor.

The emperor's comment about punishing Amatsu if he loses to him was surprising since that's the opposite of what Kishitani has been afraid of happening. So now, what is the truth behind what happened to that kid Kishitani knew? And what is the truth behind Shingu's injury? Did the emperor cause it or not? (Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the first time the evil coach has plotted to sabotage another athlete...)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't wait to see Shingu's face when the coach says "DENIED!" But the purpose of him injuring the Emperor is two-fold: for revenge and to get into the school, although he might just be using the school as a reason to get revenge. I don't think he's gonna find out that the coach is lying though... Although it looks like the coach is gonna get fired anyway~ I can't wait to see what Shingu is gonna do to get revenge.

I highly doubt Amatsu is going to beat the Emperor although I don't think I want to see him expose himself to Kourogi. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Brid View Post
    So now, what is the truth behind what happened to that kid Kishitani knew? And what is the truth behind Shingu's injury? Did the emperor cause it or not? (Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the first time the evil coach has plotted to sabotage another athlete...)

I actually never thought that another coach was behind the person who got hurt that Kishitani knew~ That's certainly something to think about...

I can't wait to see the next chapter. I already see that it's already been translated. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Read. Translation. >_<
    Last edited by c_k; March 20, 2010 at 04:20 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Er...anyway, for a full explanation involving Shingu and the Emperor, it would actually be a couple chapters down the line, if that helps

Wow, we're nearing the end of vol 3 already...everything sure went by quickly...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Laika's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished up with the interhigh arc and have to say... I'm a tiny bit disappointed with this series. The whole ski jumping thing almost seems to be an after thought and sort of only being a focus in order to work with the gender bender aspect of it. It feels like the only reason that the sport that was chosen was ski jumping was mostly because of the lack of a female division in the Olympics. Up to vol 4 the series seems to be more focused on creating zany characters, silly situations, and potential romances. It makes the whole sports aspect of it sort of hard to believe in. And the author still seems to be playing with some really similar themes as in Elfen Leid. I dunno, it's just not rubbing me the right way. I hope it improves, but I probably won't go out of my way to read any more of the raw unless the way the series approaches the story and the sport starts to change.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew the Emperor wasn't such a bad guy. His soft side is so sweet, its almost IS feminine. I wonder if Shingu will confess? Finding out about the Emperor seems to have really gotten to him. I'm betting he will...or at least stay with the team.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with the way the Emperor acts and how everyone is all scared of him with his violent tendencies (remember how he beat up that gay stalker guy?) who knew he had a softer side. It was quite unexpected for me. And to go to that extent for Shingu even if it's guilt for thinking he may have caused Shingu's accident... -__-

Shingu is definitely going to confess. I mean, c'mon, he found out that the Emperor sacrificed himself such that he will definitely never ski jump again and he may even die just to let him get into Kanokawa. Shingu's already breaking down and will confess, bringing the coach of Kanokawa down in the process, which I will definitely want to see~

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The Emperor had male tsundere written all over him

I liked the interhigh arc. I was expecting this to be more about the sports; it ended up being more about the characters. Even the cross dressing was less important than developing the Emperors personality. I'm looking forward to volume 4!

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast