Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

That cover looks great, I'll certainly read it these days

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cookie_on_fire's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And it's kind of too bad for Kishitani that Nono woke up as he was trying to dress her again...:P

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I love the manga already - currently at chapter 12 - and it's so akwardly-funny

Edit: I'm at chapter 40 and it becomes a really great story. That story twist during the school tournament... wow, what a great moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Only 5 volumes I was hoping it would go on forever.....sigh.

Well on a brighter note, I just read chapter 84 last night and OMG talk about an awkward situation to end all awkward situations Though it was so easy to see it coming but I loooooooove the look on Kishitini's face is just priceless!!
    Totally my impression after having finished ch. 84 as well. It can be so depressing to catch up with such an entertaining and compelling story and suddenly it takes a week for each chapter
    Leaving only one feeling:
    Spoiler show

And there still are some many open storylines which Nononono will follow... it's torture to have to wait for it
    Personally I hope that Nono will end up confessing to either Amatsu or Kishitani (though her relation to Kishitani must be somewhat akward now )
    Both seem reliable enough to keep her secret and understand her and both seem like pleasant characters for her to be with.

Favorite funny moment: Katou's photo
    http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/s...misedPhoto.jpg

I really liked Ch. 86 (new, available on mangareader.net). It sets a much faster pace for the ski competition, but it fits well imo (not every minor competition can be blown up to several chapters after all)

I don't like the announcement in the end though... no ski jumping in Vol. 9, but less/no everyday life when the inter high part begins... it worries me a little, the mix of ski jumping and personal life was so great so far
    I hope that "no everyday life" just means stuff like when they went to the fairy or something like that.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; December 29, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cookie_on_fire's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, mangareaders.net is a terrible site in so many ways, I would really appreciate if you support us by reading it directly from our own reader.
    http://trinitybakuma.com/manga/

Next volume will definitely be different, that I assure you.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 88 is out... wow, that one is so hard, it's really intense. It comes up with so much developement that it pays off for the (in my eyes) miserable Ch. 87 tenfold (after all 87 was only a chapter for introducing one or two new characters, so it's ok).

Spoiler show

If the votings wouldn't be running already, I had nominated it as Best Chapter in the awards for certain, even though it made me sad. It's just so extreme.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; January 14, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

I just started reading this manga today and have now reached chapter 87... by tomorrow I shall have reached the latest chapter which is 95 at the time of writing.

kopta, your description of "awkwardly funny" is so spot-on! hahahahaha I enjoy this manga so much coz it's funny when you least expect it.

truthfully, about the coach, the way his character was depicted the first time he was introduced, I thought the most believable option for him to blackmail Nono was by asking for money. When he thought he'd actually want something sexual from her is, I think, a kind of convenient plot device.

He embezzled, he got laid off- his most prominent motive would have to be money. But he wants Nono as a toy? doesn't match too well.

i have a question: where does Nono get the money for tuition? travel? I forget if her mom was still alive and bed-ridden somewhere?
    Last edited by baboysai; February 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    i have a question: where does Nono get the money for tuition? travel? I forget if her mom was still alive and bed-ridden somewhere?
    I don't know, but high school is free in most countries usually, isn't it? At least in Germany it is. And after all she's still young.

I've been wondering about her circumstances, too. Why she's allowed to live on her own, whether she does get any money at all or possibly some from the state. I think it's unanswered by the manga. But it seemed she lived all on her own in the beginning, when she was living in that shed and ate fish which she seemingly caught herself. Afterwards she moved to the dorm, which might be free, too.

New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8