Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Relationships and Pairings

it almost seems like lucy and natsu are destined to be together but its hard to ignore natsu's past with lisanna

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    it almost seems like lucy and natsu are destined to be together but its hard to ignore natsu's past with lisanna
    Their only past is raising Happy and Lisanna playing house with Natsu as kids. The anime might have expanded on that but the manga only stuck to those things. Its not like Natsu is worried about romance right now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all I would be satisfied if Natsu would end up with Lucy. I think they are the perfect match. We just have to wait a bit. As for Lisanna... Well I don't think she has much of a chance against Lucy.
    Other pairs except the one including Bisca and possibly ErzaxJellal are just speculation and can turn into anything. As for ErzaXJellal couple I don't really like it and I find it a bit wrong. After Natsu saved Erza from Jellal I had my hopes for her pair with Natsu. But Erza forgave Jellal for everything he has done and acted like never happened. I mean he killed before her eyes the one who loved her. Even though we can consider he was somehow being controlled it still doesn't change the fact that he committed a lot of crimes and killed many innocent people. I think everyone should pay a prize for their actions and just giving Jellal a happiness doesn't seem right to me. This goes to Ultear and Meredit as well. Remember the fate of Zancrow and Hades. I don't say they should die but they for sure has to pay. Otherwise it is strange. You kill people and being forgiven as nothing happened.

Back to pairs.. So for me Natsu and Erza would be the perfect couple. Though now it doesn't have any chance even though there was back then. As for others I don't care much though Laxus and Mirajane would be a good and "strong" couple in many senses for me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly my thoughts!
    I'm really torn between those two...

I can't help but think that if Lisanna wouldn't have disappeared, that pairing would be 100%.
    I'm very happy that Lisanna is alive, but I'm suprised that Natsu and her are not closer than they are right now...

But Lucy is the heroine of the manga, so it's almost certain that, if there's a pairing, it will be Lucy and Natsu...
    Too bad for Lisanna...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; March 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiro Mashima is a massive tease. He posted this for Tanabata while having Jellal's identity get out in the manga: https://twitter.com/mashima0012/stat.../photo/1/large

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Hiro Mashima is a massive tease. He posted this for Tanabata while having Jellal's identity get out in the manga: https://twitter.com/mashima0012/stat.../photo/1/large
    I'm a big fan of this pairing.
    Erza and Jellal are perfect for each other.

And it's the only actual pairing in the manga, where we know that they share their feelings.
    They just can't act on it...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'm a big fan of this pairing.
    Erza and Jellal are perfect for each other.

And it's the only actual pairing in the manga, where we know that they share their feelings.
    They just can't act on it...
    while its true please dont forget about ever and elfman mashima been very enthusiastic about the as well

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dragons4life's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

this is mainly just a reply to what jellal said after he kissed erza

Jellal: "I can't fall in love with people who walk in the light"
    Reply: "Well it's too late for that!!!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sadly it seems lisanna was just brought back from edolas to serve the purpose of the token shounen-love-rival

she has little to no chance of being with natsu regardless of their past

although i am not unhappy with natsu-lucy, they would be a cute couple

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

sadly it seems lisanna was just brought back from edolas to serve the purpose of the token shounen-love-rival

she has little to no chance of being with natsu regardless of their past

although i am not unhappy with natsu-lucy, they would be a cute couple
    yeah but they'll probably end together only at the last chapter although natsu lately is being such a perv toward her xD

I heard mashima originally didnt want to bring lissana back (for development purposes) but the anime poeple convinced him but he doesnt have much for her to do or so it seems.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    yeah but they'll probably end together only at the last chapter although natsu lately is being such a perv toward her xD

I heard mashima originally didnt want to bring lissana back (for development purposes) but the anime poeple convinced him but he doesnt have much for her to do or so it seems.
    yea its almost a slap in the face to the readers because you would think that natsu would have all of these emotions towards her, and he barely acknowledges her, i realize this is a shounen title and is not a romance driven plot, but for mashima to bring her back , just to let her be some supporting cast member, after all of that drama was built up about her and natsu's childhood (embellished by the anime without a doubt) is an insult to the fans

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

yea its almost a slap in the face to the readers because you would think that natsu would have all of these emotions towards her, and he barely acknowledges her, i realize this is a shounen title and is not a romance driven plot, but for mashima to bring her back , just to let her be some supporting cast member, after all of that drama was built up about her and natsu's childhood (embellished by the anime without a doubt) is an insult to the fans
    well, the anime made it a slap in the face, i dont mind nali (but recently my naluness killed it for me) and the manga flashback wa so sweet i wouldnt mind natsu wit lisanna if he didnt end up with lucy but the anime kind of exaggerated and mashima clearly doesnt want to change anything he planned even if he brought lissanna back

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    You heard wrong, the anime people didn't convince him to bring her back, unless you just mean that they convinced him in that he liked what they were doing with her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    You heard wrong, the anime people didn't convince him to bring her back, unless you just mean that they convinced him in that he liked what they were doing with her.
    Wasn't it a friend of Mashima's that convinced him to bring Lisanna back? Because from what I know, Mashima had really no plans of bringing Lisanna back. It is true that the whole natsu-lisanna in the anime was way too overdone.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I don't see the two as a pair at all. Lisanna teased him about being his wife once when they were kids, raising an egg. Probably any kid who ever played house with anyone as said that. The only other time the manga ever remotely suggested there might be something was when Gildartz teased him, and even then I get the sense that it was more just because Natsu didn't have many other female friends. He didn't even seem to fully recognize that there was a second gender to appreciate until after the time skip, and none of that sudden interest has gone towards Lisanna.

I think the rule i first girl wins anyway. Lucy ran into Natsu at the beginning of the series before we saw him with anyone else, so the two seem like the most likely couple just for that. In a shoujo the childhood friend would have a shot, but for a shounen it's rare to see something deep. Then again, there is Jerza so maybe Lisanna's got a shot. Of course... she hasn't seemed too romantically interested in Natsu either.

New Reply
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast