Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Relationships and Pairings

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    the pairings are really a mystery and its really fun like miramira said to watch them develop Juvia has been really cool lately,

now that you mention it its true they seem to be going towards a similar relationship i really liked that pair in rave hope they get a happy ending in this one meaning i dont mind ulxgray either

Loki seems to actually like Aries though (they are not siblings fyi =p) he's not flirty with her with lucy he seems to just like to tease her.

Natsu lucy friendship is okay but i like the hints of thier 'love' and they might look like haru and ellie but their personalities are different they're not the same they have a cuter relationship to me and ummm would a friend sleep in your bed *remembers scene and roflhaowhhbabh*

Natsu lissana dont have a lot of seens lately its like since she's back it went awol :/ and natsu lucy increased haha with all the openings in the chap to say the truth i think Mashima is still not decided yet since we're propably half way or more through the story so he's giving us snippets of everyone and then he'll surrise us xD
    NatsuxLucyxLissanna seems to be happening though...
    does a friend bring his other friend to sleep in your bed as well then? Since he brings Happy along with him. (and no i dont count Happy as a pet). In the realm of FT hes just as much a person as anyone else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    does a friend bring his other friend to sleep in your bed as well then? Since he brings Happy along with him. (and no i dont count Happy as a pet). In the realm of FT hes just as much a person as anyone else.
    the day my friend tries something like that i doubt he'll live another day, 'rentals are scarier than gildarts xD
    true happy is not a pet i never quite thought of him as one, to me he's like another awesome character haha probably its just Natsu who knows nothing about these kinds of things, reading that scene he says its because her bed was more comfy lol but i doubt he would do that to someone he's not close to

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My fav pairing that will probably never happen is Natsu and Mira.

I really like Natsu and Erza till we learned Erza will never get over her child hood crush. Natsu and Lisanna feels kind of weird now with her reappearance. It could work if they actually get some panel time together to build it back up.

The pairing I'm sold on right now is the NatsuxLucy. When Lucy jumped from the tower blindly to be caught by Natsu gave me a strong feeling for the pairing to happen. Than the special where Lucy cleaned Natsu's house made feel even stronger about the pairing. Than after the rainbow sakura special, I'm sold.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    My fav pairing that will probably never happen is Natsu and Mira.

I really like Natsu and Erza till we learned Erza will never get over her child hood crush. Natsu and Lisanna feels kind of weird now with her reappearance. It could work if they actually get some panel time together to build it back up.

The pairing I'm sold on right now is the NatsuxLucy. When Lucy jumped from the tower blindly to be caught by Natsu gave me a strong feeling for the pairing to happen. Than the special where Lucy cleaned Natsu's house made feel even stronger about the pairing. Than after the rainbow sakura special, I'm sold.
    yeah i was like that too the omakes (almost all revolve on these two) and moments make me hope but im not gonna say anything im gonna wait and root for them!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely sold on Natsu and Lucy. It's hinted at so much. A lot of people say he's too dense to realize it, but I don't think so. He's constantly at her house, constantly wanting to protect her (even moreso than he does everyone else), he brought the Rainbow Sakura tree to her when she was sick despite there obviously being consequences, he said he'd fight seriously against EVEN HER (it was bolded in the manga) showing that he has her on a higher level than others, he kept her maid outfit and has a special sidenote about his first mission with her, etc. He's shown many romantic gestures in the manga, so I don't see why everyone thinks he's so dense when it comes to romance.

Others say he's too "shounen hero" for him to have feelings for a girl. Honestly, no offense, but that's a dumb reason to give. First of all, different authors do different things. Just because they're in the same magazine doesn't mean that they have to follow the same dynamic. Second of all, the dynamic doesn't fit with that at all. Naruto harbors a pretty much constant love for Sakura, going so far as to risk his life constantly to fulfill one promise to her, and deny her declaration of love because he didn't find it sincere. And, most of all, look at Bleach. Ichigo/Rukia is so close to canon already that it's not even funny. So plenty of Shounen heroes have crushes/possible relationships.

And others say (I don't know how they get this) that Lucy doesn't feel the same way about Natsu/won't admit it. She constantly acknowledges him in groups, every time he's in trouble she's screaming for him or on the verge of tears, she always looks to him to go on missions with her instead of others, and most of all she watched him as he slept, saying he was cute and musing about whether he ever feels lonely.

Also, a lot of people think there's going to be a Lucy/Lisanna/Natsu love triangle, but I don't even see that coming. Besides their reunion, Lisanna and Natsu haven't really shown anything very affectionate toward each other (and Lisanna showed pretty much the same affection to Happy) and don't seem to have chemistry. So I don't see any relationship between Natsu and Lisanna, even as a love triangle with Lucy.

And one of the most solid hints at their relationship is this:
    Spoiler show

So there ya go. Those are my musings/ramblings on my favorite Fairy Tail pair

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post
    I'm definitely sold on Natsu and Lucy. It's hinted at so much. A lot of people say he's too dense to realize it, but I don't think so. He's constantly at her house, constantly wanting to protect her (even moreso than he does everyone else), he brought the Rainbow Sakura tree to her when she was sick despite there obviously being consequences, he said he'd fight seriously against EVEN HER (it was bolded in the manga) showing that he has her on a higher level than others, he kept her maid outfit and has a special sidenote about his first mission with her, etc. He's shown many romantic gestures in the manga, so I don't see why everyone thinks he's so dense when it comes to romance.
    Im a big NaLu shipper too however i dont agree everything with you.. i dont think natsu actually loves Lucy, he just deeply cares for her, a feeling that probably could turn into love, but diffently is not love yet he havent really showed any interest in her, and they had lots of akward situations together, he never showed any reactions.. and i do think lisanna was brought back for a purpose.. i would personally have prefered her dead, not because i dislike her, but because i think its really lame shes "dead" then alive again however i do think Lucy does have romantic feelings for natsu, or at least is starting to have.. like you said, shes looking at him sleeping, thinking if hes lonely and stuff.. and then hiro mashima ruined the moment - like he always do with these nalu moments.. like he dont want to go beyond the line of their funny friendship - it must not be too serious.. Also remember there is loki for Lucy.. however this is a shounen, i wouldn't expect too much, and if there is any romance, that will be in the end of the series, like we wee who lived happly ever after together..

... btw, Mirajane and Freed makes a cute couple too..

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyuuMyuu View Post
    Im a big NaLu shipper too however i dont agree everything with you.. i dont think natsu actually loves Lucy, he just deeply cares for her, a feeling that probably could turn into love, but diffently is not love yet he havent really showed any interest in her, and they had lots of akward situations together, he never showed any reactions.. and i do think lisanna was brought back for a purpose.. i would personally have prefered her dead, not because i dislike her, but because i think its really lame shes "dead" then alive again however i do think Lucy does have romantic feelings for natsu, or at least is starting to have.. like you said, shes looking at him sleeping, thinking if hes lonely and stuff.. and then hiro mashima ruined the moment - like he always do with these nalu moments.. like he dont want to go beyond the line of their funny friendship - it must not be too serious.. Also remember there is loki for Lucy.. however this is a shounen, i wouldn't expect too much, and if there is any romance, that will be in the end of the series, like we wee who lived happly ever after together..

Lets just say it thoug FujiNumberone said what we all (us Nalu shippers) wanted to say but becaause of certain reasons some you mentioned cant xD

Loki i prefer with Aries, same species lets call them and they o care for each other.

NaLu has to many moments all ruined but hey they still happen xD and anyway some reactions of natsu seem romantic like the one in Edolas an notable quote 'if you dare touch lucy i will turn you to ashes!" he had one epic expression there

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FujiNumberOne View Post

Others say he's too "shounen hero" for him to have feelings for a girl. Honestly, no offense, but that's a dumb reason to give. First of all, different authors do different things. Just because they're in the same magazine doesn't mean that they have to follow the same dynamic. Second of all, the dynamic doesn't fit with that at all. Naruto harbors a pretty much constant love for Sakura, going so far as to risk his life constantly to fulfill one promise to her, and deny her declaration of love because he didn't find it sincere. And, most of all, look at Bleach. Ichigo/Rukia is so close to canon already that it's not even funny. So plenty of Shounen heroes have crushes/possible relationships.

And others say (I don't know how they get this) that Lucy doesn't feel the same way about Natsu/won't admit it. She constantly acknowledges him in groups, every time he's in trouble she's screaming for him or on the verge of tears, she always looks to him to go on missions with her instead of others, and most of all she watched him as he slept, saying he was cute and musing about whether he ever feels lonely.

Also, a lot of people think there's going to be a Lucy/Lisanna/Natsu love triangle, but I don't even see that coming. Besides their reunion, Lisanna and Natsu haven't really shown anything very affectionate toward each other (and Lisanna showed pretty much the same affection to Happy) and don't seem to have chemistry. So I don't see any relationship between Natsu and Lisanna, even as a love triangle with Lucy.

And one of the most solid hints at their relationship is this:
    Spoiler show

So there ya go. Those are my musings/ramblings on my favorite Fairy Tail pair
    However all you said makes a lot of sense still your speculating on a few things that for obvious plot and story reasons are the way they are.
    The entire Natsu x Lisanna thing doesnt show cause of 2 reasons, 1 is the family bonding with Mira and Elfman that comes first and secondly is the time both of them spend apart.
    When Lisanna recollected that she first saw Natsu and happy she was shocked and in the kitchen, its unclear if thats merely seeing old friends or maybe something more, you got to remember she resigned to the fact she might have to live there for the rest of her life.

Another thing thats hypotheticaly important is this, Edo Natsu and Lucy seem in a relationship, so even tho we dont see Lisanna react to earthland Lucy im sure that since they are close she figures that the same is going on in Earthland as in Edolas.

But still Natsu isnt in relation with Lucy or Lisanna i think that Mashima is saving this for much later. Got to keep in mind 2 things, Lucy might realy feel for Natsu, in this case Lisanna will not bump in. The other is that Lisanna is the lover from the past, so Lucy might not want to intrude on that as well. Practicaly causing a stalemate.

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

However all you said makes a lot of sense still your speculating on a few things that for obvious plot and story reasons are the way they are.
    The entire Natsu x Lisanna thing doesnt show cause of 2 reasons, 1 is the family bonding with Mira and Elfman that comes first and secondly is the time both of them spend apart.
    When Lisanna recollected that she first saw Natsu and happy she was shocked and in the kitchen, its unclear if thats merely seeing old friends or maybe something more, you got to remember she resigned to the fact she might have to live there for the rest of her life.

Another thing thats hypotheticaly important is this, Edo Natsu and Lucy seem in a relationship, so even tho we dont see Lisanna react to earthland Lucy im sure that since they are close she figures that the same is going on in Earthland as in Edolas.

But still Natsu isnt in relation with Lucy or Lisanna i think that Mashima is saving this for much later. Got to keep in mind 2 things, Lucy might realy feel for Natsu, in this case Lisanna will not bump in. The other is that Lisanna is the lover from the past, so Lucy might not want to intrude on that as well. Practicaly causing a stalemate.
    However this is a shonen i doubt it would get this complicated, i believe we will be told in the end what happened maybe Lucy is actually narrating the story to their kids xD kyyaaa i wish!

in any case romance will ensue only in like the last chapter OR the last few arcs ^^ Till now Mashima seems to be heading for Nalu but you never know! (crosses fingers and cheers the pair)

but i think the jumping of the building and 'feeling' him close pretty much says Lucy feels something for our dragon boy ^^ (Natsu not Gajeel...just o make it clear xP now thats one weird almost crackpairing)

Natsu i dont know he's too hard to read :/ he cares for her deeply, he says he has the best relationship with her too but could it be something deep love? possible yes very ^^ Canon, its feels really close too, will it happen? talk when FT ends which is never because its too badass!
    BTW Myuu-Myuu i sooo LOVE your avatar!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what Mashima wants realy. He could pull a dragonball and give us a entire new generation of mages from pairings or he could end it like Rave Master in wich he paired everyone off at the end.

Just i dunno hes starting with the pairings already with GajeelxLevi and ElfmanxEvergreen so im kinda hoping FT will run for another 150/200 chapters with a 2nd generation as well.

But it depends on Mashimas wishes as well as the publishers will to go on with it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyuuMyuu View Post

Whoa, don't get me wrong. I wasn't saying that he loves her. I was just saying that he probably does feel some kind of feelings for her above friendship. Not quite love, though.

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on what Mashima wants realy. He could pull a dragonball and give us a entire new generation of mages from pairings or he could end it like Rave Master in wich he paired everyone off at the end.

Just i dunno hes starting with the pairings already with GajeelxLevi and ElfmanxEvergreen so im kinda hoping FT will run for another 150/200 chapters with a 2nd generation as well.

But it depends on Mashimas wishes as well as the publishers will to go on with it.
    LOOL imagine the kids
    Lucy and Natsu
    Twins to continue thier gags: a blond Natsu and a pink haired Lucy both with unruly hair and pointy teeth to annoy Lucy more cuz they take from the dad and are as hyper xD

a blue charle and white happy for best friends of above ---> CharlexHappy

a green haired Mira xD --> MiraxFreed

a scary spectacled Elfman ---> ElfmanxEvergreen

a tiny handsome shy Gajeel (blue haired) and a tall black haired Levy --> GajeelxLevy

Tiny Bisca and Alazacks running around about 30 or so Xp ---> BiscaxAlzack

Some Blue Erza's and red jellals ---> ErzaxJellal

a stripping ice Juvia look alike boy and water using gray like girl whom always smacks her brother for his stupidities -->GrayxJuvia

Romeo and Wendy are still too young they probably started dating by now and are the senior members of FT

This above my friends is the sign ive got a cold and im bored -.-" nonetheless it was fun!

and wooow FT is filled with romantic possibilities lol!!!

anywho i thin Fairy tail will be longer than rave around 35+ to 50 volumes max.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rummy's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm absolutely a fan of NaLu. But I don't expect that they will ever be a real couple like Haru/Ellie (at the end of the manga). I think the manga will end with no real couple. Okay maybe Gray and Juvia, but at the moment I don't think that Gray wants a relationship with Juvia. But I would like to see that...

Another couple I like is LevyxGajeel. The moments between them are just too cute! I really like them together.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
    I'm absolutely a fan of NaLu. But I don't expect that they will ever be a real couple like Haru/Ellie (at the end of the manga). I think the manga will end with no real couple. Okay maybe Gray and Juvia, but at the moment I don't think that Gray wants a relationship with Juvia. But I would like to see that...

Another couple I like is LevyxGajeel. The moments between them are just too cute! I really like them together.
    Same here. However, I also liked the idea of Erza and Natsu as a couple. Mashima is really shipping this Gerard thing so hard it feels forced.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they do Levi and Gajeel. There definently can be something made. I can almost see her doing something drastic to save him. I can see him dying and her casting the word Sacrifice and it "kills" her to save him and confessing her love/feelings. Then of course he defeats whoever and is seen carrying her and crying. But then since this is fairy tail Wendy will BARELY be able to bring her back to life ^^

New Reply
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast