Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    crack ship of mine LAYZER lemme see if you can guess...
    A hint maybe? I'm assuming its Layla and Zero? Because that would be a huge crack pairing lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It could also be Layla X Zeref

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
    It could also be Layla X Zeref
    You win xD

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    A hint maybe? I'm assuming its Layla and Zero? Because that would be a huge crack pairing lol.
    yes that is a huge crack pairing i want to hide it away xD

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaveDragon View Post
    You win xD

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

yes that is a huge crack pairing i want to hide it away xD
    Well Lucy would be a ridiculously powerful mage. Celestial and Death magic at her fingertips lol.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If that were the case Cana would have been S-class long ago too.

Besides, Zeref is clearly in love with Natsu. Look at how he cries every time he sees the guy.
    Last edited by SerpentTailedAngel; August 25, 2012 at 03:33 AM.

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The shipping wars in FT are pretty intense, but im really not sure why

The relationships that have been hinted at over and over again are:
    Natsu x Lucy
    Gray x Juvia
    Jellal x Erza
    Gajeel x Levy
    Elfman x Evergreen

For some reason there is this whole thing with people wanting Gray x Lucy or Loke x Lucy and i really dont see where its coming from. Im guessing since Lucy is the main character, she has some sort of interaction with pretty much every FT character so thats were people are getting it from. Loke had that one moment were he was saved by Lucy, and with Gray the only moment i can remember is when Gemini transormed into him and told all his thoughts or whatnot. Maybe people ship GrayLu and LoLu because Nalu is so popular and they just want to mess with hardcore shippers or something, other than that im really not seeing it. Judging by the manga all the pairings will happen, with Nalu being the last one to be official.
    Last edited by Devx10; August 26, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devx10 View Post
    The shipping wars in FT are pretty intense, but im really not sure why

The relationships that have been hinted at over and over again are:
    Natsu x Lucy
    Gray x Juvia
    Jellal x Erza
    Gajeel x Levy
    Elfman x Evergreen

For some reason there is this whole thing with people wanting Gray x Lucy or Loke x Lucy and i really dont see where its coming from. Im guessing since Lucy is the main character, she has some sort of interaction with pretty much every FT character so thats were people are getting it from. Loke had that one moment were he was saved by Lucy, and with Gray the only moment i can remember is when Gemini transormed into him and told all his thoughts or whatnot. Maybe people ship GrayLu and LoLu because Nalu is so popular and they just want to mess with hardcore shippers or something, other than that im really not seeing it. Judging by the manga all the pairings will happen, with Nalu being the last one to be official.
    I think that the people that are shipping for Lucy X Gray or Lucy X Loke are the same that are shipping Natsu X Lisanna.
    And since they want Natsu to end up with Lisanna, they need to find someone for Lucy.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I think that the people that are shipping for Lucy X Gray or Lucy X Loke are the same that are shipping Natsu X Lisanna.
    And since they want Natsu to end up with Lisanna, they need to find someone for Lucy.
    Makes Sense, but its kinda annoying/frustrating that the manga has an insane amount of Natsu x Lucy moments compared to other pairings, yet they seem to be the farthest away from becoming an official pairing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devx10 View Post
    Makes Sense, but its kinda annoying/frustrating that the manga has an insane amount of Natsu x Lucy moments compared to other pairings, yet they seem to be the farthest away from becoming an official pairing.
    Its more frustrating seeing all the Sting x Lucy fanfics that are popping up when they haven't even had a decent conversation. Its pretty much a crack paring that is surprisingly popular.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Its more frustrating seeing all the Sting x Lucy fanfics that are popping up when they haven't even had a decent conversation. Its pretty much a crack paring that is surprisingly popular.
    Haha thats pretty funny considering he was laughing when she got tortured. Next pairing is Makarov and Mira, called it here first.
    Last edited by Devx10; August 26, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    No, people were shipping for Lucy x Gray and Lucy x Loki long before Lisanna's death was retconned.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucy/Gray gained a following because they're the straight men of the group, so it seems like they have more in common.
    Lucy/Loke gained a following because he flirts with her whenever he makes an appearance, and also that stuff where she saved his life.
    Lucy/Sting gained a following because a couple people who were toying with the idea did a good job writing fanfics or drawing them together and other people thought it looked cute. Kinda weird how his laughing didn't really sink that pair but everyone abandon Sting/Yukino just because he wasn't fazed by her getting kicked out.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Lucy/Gray gained a following because they're the straight men of the group, so it seems like they have more in common.
    Lucy/Loke gained a following because he flirts with her whenever he makes an appearance, and also that stuff where she saved his life.
    Lucy/Sting gained a following because a couple people who were toying with the idea did a good job writing fanfics or drawing them together and other people thought it looked cute. Kinda weird how his laughing didn't really sink that pair but everyone abandon Sting/Yukino just because he wasn't fazed by her getting kicked out.
    I dunno where you read your Fairy Tail fanfics but 95% of fanfics are usually teens writing about cheating and stupid drama to capture readers and sadly it works. Leading to others copying them and fanfics being very terrible writing that gets praise from others with little to no originality.

There is of course the 5% that are decent if not great but it seems the percentage is getting even smaller.

I read most Fairy Tail fanfics on Fanfiction and 90% of shipping fics that deals with Natsu and Lucy involves Lisanna in some way. Whether its Natsu kicking Lucy off the team or the jealously angle. Its frankly terrible and I should stop torturing myself but the 5% of good fics keep bringing me back. The good news is that a fanfic's summary is a good indication of which ones to avoid.

Putting my rant aside about the terrible state of fanfics, specifically shipping ones.

I have to agree with you on the Sting and Lucy ship actually sailing.

Maybe the Natsu/Lisanna ship them to get rid of Lucy or just Natsu/Lucy haters.

I personally support Natsu/Lucy for those that haven't figured it out but I can see why Gray/Lucy and Loke/Lucy is popular. I just cannot see how or why Sting/Lucy is popular at this early stage.

Even Rouge/Levy is getting popular.

Its like people ship them for the sake of making sure the 1st gen dragon slayers don't end up with them. >.>^

I just hope Sting/Yukino make a comeback so I can deal with less Sting/Lucy or Natsu/Lucy becomes official. Although becoming official rarely affects shipping in fanfics as shippers are more likely to ship the opposite pairing even harder as is the case with Harry/Herminone in Harry Potter section.

This is just my opinion of course. If you ship Sting/Lucy or Rouge/Levy please don't take offense.

BTW some slightly humorous news for the shippers here. There is actually a Natsu/Minerva pairing on Fanfic.net lol. Talk about crack pairings.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I hate Natsu/Lisanna with a burning passion and still kind of like the idea of Sting/Lucy as a crack pairing, so I don't think it's all them fueling the new ship's engine. Rogue/Levy actually interested me first but... meh. I think people like to hold Rogue up as the super nice I-didn't-want-to-hurt-my-dragon-but-Sting-made-me one because he got that smile with Fro. Like they need to make him be extra good and sensitive to make up for Sting being a jerk. It get's annoying. Yukino gets that treatment X 10, and her personality seemed kind of drab to me, and when people pair her with Sting they call it Stiko, which is one N away from sounding really unfortunate. I'm kind of shallow when it comes to minor characters. I hope that pairing doesn't make a comeback.

Natsu/Minerva even freaks me out a little, and I've been exposed to this hellspawn known as Dobby/Hagrid, so I'm pretty desensitized to pairs that shouldn't ever happen.

(PS, two good methods for finding well written fanfics: avoid anything that takes place in high school and try to find a higher word count to chapter ratio. Anything with less than 1000 words per chapter, unless it's a oneshot, is invariably bad. It means they don't know how to add description, and usually those people rush through events and use sappy dialogue too-which is doubly unfortunate because they use mostly dialogue. A bonus point that should go without saying is that ActualCharacter/MyTotallyNotAMarySueOC is also usually god awful.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ace17's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate lucy/natsu with a burning passion bcus i just dont like when main characters get together its way to obvious for me and the ppl who shipped sting/lucy r idiots but anything can happen
    Last edited by ace17; August 31, 2012 at 07:10 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast