Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kauia's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Natsu/Lucy pairing is kind of like Haru/Elie. They're cute and funny. Though I ship them, I've come to like Gray/Lucy pairing because the stories written I've read about them is cute and the writer makes it 90 percent acceptable. I can't stand to see Natsu paired with any other person other than Lucy but I'm fine with Lucy paired up with other characters. I hate fics that has anything to do with Lucy changing her magic or Lisanna involved fics that has her being kicked out. So unrealistic but I read it when the writing's good. I feel sorry for Lisanna since she's always being written out as the bad guy. The change in character is amazingly 180 degrees. I think people hate Lisanna generally because of the possible existence as a threat to nalu pairing WHEN really, its not. Reading Gray/Juvia is also cute as well as Gajeel/Levy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Devx10; September 03, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member cleodux's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys read the latest chapter? lol i like how Happy make fun of Natsu infront of Lucy. And ch 308 where he protects Lucy from the paper thing. And his words here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51788203/20

Man i tell you this pair is totally official lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon, I too like Nalu, but to say that Natsu's words in that page is proof of that, in my opinion is quite exagerated. XD
    You should watch the newest OAV; the Nalu moments are quite good.
    Anyway I think that there is another couple that sooner or later will be canon: ElfmanXEva.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kauia View Post
    Natsu/Lucy pairing is kind of like Haru/Elie. They're cute and funny. Though I ship them, I've come to like Gray/Lucy pairing because the stories written I've read about them is cute and the writer makes it 90 percent acceptable. I can't stand to see Natsu paired with any other person other than Lucy but I'm fine with Lucy paired up with other characters. I hate fics that has anything to do with Lucy changing her magic or Lisanna involved fics that has her being kicked out. So unrealistic but I read it when the writing's good. I feel sorry for Lisanna since she's always being written out as the bad guy. The change in character is amazingly 180 degrees. I think people hate Lisanna generally because of the possible existence as a threat to nalu pairing WHEN really, its not. Reading Gray/Juvia is also cute as well as Gajeel/Levy.
    The worst problem facing the FT fanfiction community is the blatant Natsu bashing going on from all the authors. 90% of the time its Natsu doing something to hurt Lucy and blah blah blah.

The amount of good NaLu is so rare and hard to find.

Lucy has become the shipping bicycle as she has been pretty much been paired with everyone and is for the most part shown in a good light. Kinda Mary Sueish actually in some/most fics. I ship NaLu only but I can respect that GraLu or Lu X most guys is popular with 2 exceptions.

Its Sting X Lucy or Rouge X Lucy that I can't stand. What the hell is the point? Sting and Rouge barely have any personality and at least Loki, Gray, and others had interaction with Lucy. Not to mention Sting is quickly becoming a cheap Natsu knock off who is surprisingly popular. Must be the Bishonen looks.

Don't even get me started on the sheer amount of cheating fics going on in the community. Its like people/author forget you can make a good story and not have your characters abandon/cheat on a perfectly good relationship just so another ship works out. For example, a fic starting off as Natsu and Lucy and then Natsu cheats and Lucy X ? happens. Its like the authors have no originality to make Lucy X ? work without having in a relationship with Natsu or vice versa. Or worse, the ones where Natsu trashes on Lucy and they still end up together, I mean wtf?

Very frustrating time to be a NaLu shipper in the FT community imo.

Apologies if the rant offended anyone but I had to vent my feelings on the subject.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the popularity of Sting x Lucy is, at least to some degree, based on the idea that Sting could be Natsu's rival in another way. I actually like Sticy fics when they're well written, which is weird since for most of the series' run I haven't cared much about Lucy pairings. Somehow that made me start supporting NaLu in the actual manga too. Go figure.

And yeah, the biggest nuisance with any Lucy x [not Natsu] fic is that people who don't want to put effort into explaining why Lucy went with someone else, want quick cheap drama, or can't think to just have Lucy and Natsu in a totally platonic relationship from the get go will either have Natsu sneaking of with Lisanna or, worse, him and maybe even the whole guild giving Lucy the boot when Lisanna returns. (Because everyone wants to read a story that mentions writing the whole guild out of character in the summary.)

Of course, even if I've grown found of a few pairing with Lucy recently, my OTP is Jerza, so as long as people don't go the NaLi excuse route I don't really mind too much when I see Lucy with anyone that isn't Jellal. That pairing does exist, oddly enough.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    And yeah, the biggest nuisance with any Lucy x [not Natsu] fic is that people who don't want to put effort into explaining why Lucy went with someone else
    Why would they need to explain why Lucy went with someone else? It's not like she and Natsu are dating, or that she's expressed genuine romantic interest in him (or vice versa). There's no reason they can't have her just start dating Loki for example.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just the thing. There's no reason they'd need to explain it. Lucy's totally free. Way too many people still start stories with "After Lisanna came back everyone ignored Lucy, so she ran off to guild X to be with person Y" or "Natsu and Lucy were dating, but he cheated on her with Lisanna. Heartbroken, she turned to person Y for comfort." It's like Lucy fans actually it ought for her more than Lisanna's fans do.

There are still plenty that are sensible and just have like, chance encounters turn into something more without the cheap drama crammed into the first scene, but it's still depressing how many people use NaLi as an excuse for pairing Lucy with other people when there isn't even a good reason to make an excuse.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

need more gajeel x levi , idk whats wrong with gray , he should just go out with juvia already .... and maybe a male version of juvia for wendy cuz her reaction would be too cute =D

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There already is a male version of Juvia (for Juvia) and I don't really get why people are so intent on finding someone for a twelve year old anyway. Wendy's just fine without Romeo or some new guy who likes to stalk children. Though I would like to hear what reason Gray was refusing to give Erza for not acknowledging Juvia's feelings.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Based on last chapter 331... NatsuxLucy is pretty much in the bag.
    They pretty much own one another now...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling nalu relationship won't change that much after that..It seem more like comic relief than anything.. romantic. After all, I seen something similar in FT before and I didn't see any slight changes after the incident. Of course after this, they are guarantee to be together, later, in the future.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    There already is a male version of Juvia (for Juvia) and I don't really get why people are so intent on finding someone for a twelve year old anyway. Wendy's just fine without Romeo or some new guy who likes to stalk children. Though I would like to hear what reason Gray was refusing to give Erza for not acknowledging Juvia's feelings.
    About WendyxRomeo, I think it's because it's a fun pairing to toy around with (It's called a Toy Ship for a reason). But what I think really drives this pairing in the fandom is that since her "big brothers" already have prospective girlfriends (or mates, if you will), Wendy may start thinking of a prospective boyfriend in the future. It won't happen now, but it may happen in the near future. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima drops a little hint near the end of the series for them. Then we'll see in the epilogue that she's dating Romeo. I think that's what Mashima would go for.

But.... there is something that has gotten me thinking......

A couple of chapters back, we had a pin-up cover of Laxus getting a haircut with Mira. I'm not sure about you guys, but that totally reminded me of FMP:SR's scene with Sousuke getting a haircut from Kaname. It might not mean anything, but if it does..... then that means Mashima is aware of this pairing's support within the fandom. If he is aware of LaMi, then it's quite possible he's aware of RoWen. We'll just have to see if Mashima goes anywhere with this.

One crack pairing I support (that nobody probably even thought of) is StingxYukino. I could actually see him going the Gajeel route with Yukino. Not sure about Rogue, though.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    A couple of chapters back, we had a pin-up cover of Laxus getting a haircut with Mira. I'm not sure about you guys, but that totally reminded me of FMP:SR's scene with Sousuke getting a haircut from Kaname. It might not mean anything, but if it does..... then that means Mashima is aware of this pairing's support within the fandom. If he is aware of LaMi, then it's quite possible he's aware of RoWen. We'll just have to see if Mashima goes anywhere with this.

One crack pairing I support (that nobody probably even thought of) is StingxYukino. I could actually see him going the Gajeel route with Yukino. Not sure about Rogue, though.
    Individually, mira and laxus are great characters and I love them both. I wouldn't mind this at all..it would be nice and interesting at the same. Although, if it doesn't happen..It wouldn't change anything.I think they are fine with or without being a pair.

sting is lame and lame..Yukino deserves better..
    Last edited by liductan; May 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's what some people thought of Gajeel with Levy, initially. And look how that turned out. So yeah, I'm pretty sure if StiYu happens, it'll go down the same route with GajeelxLevy.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast