Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 577 Discussion / 578 Prediction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alien81's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 577 Discussion / 578 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Nonlife View Post
    First of all, I was really expecting the WB pirates to somehow escape from this mangled mess of a rescue - I'm still mad Ace didn't keep it together and got killed like that. On another note, hearing BB announce his "King of the World" status had me fear this manga is near the end. Undoubtedly, I thought BB may be the final victim; his DF ability is like a sponge. It can absorb and store other DF as "inventory." (Heck, we don't know how the DFs "naturally" pass on when users die!) Now, it's not that BB hasn't filled his role as the biggest "douche."..............................................................................I'm just rambling because I keep thinking about the other key roles left to play out in the manga:

1. The other 3 Yonkou (I don't know how the "Gold Lion" guy has a role in the manga or was he soundly defeated in the 10th movie?)
    2. The other rookies pirates
    3. The old 5 wise guys - the Wisemen of the WG
    4. The fact Luffy's only seen half of the world, the other half is on the other side of the RED line
    5. The Tenrybuto (spelling?) If the WG's fallen, then there status means diddly-squat if there aren't any "guards for them to hire from the WG.

TBH, Blackbeard's as much a douche as Bellamy - eventually his foolish pride and outlook on life is gonna cost him in the near future. No matter what happens in the future, I'll always consider Mihawk, Shanks, etc. above BB.
    that may be true, but definetly not in power nowwwwwww.

Ultear Acr of Time by [COLOR="sienna"]Alien81 [/COLOR]

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Maybe Oda didn't want to show us Blackbeard opening Whitebeard's skull to check how his brain works and duplicate the ability...
    To be fair, he probably didn't need to open WB's skull since... well, since his face was already half gone

The real question here is how WB's brains didn't spill out while he was still alive and kicking.

I can see this escape take another 2 or 3 chapters with this new development...
    Last edited by Shurou; March 10, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shurou View Post
    To be fair, he probably didn't need to open WB's skull since... well, since his face was already half gone
    Not trying to be edgy here, it's just that I'm bored.

The skin, the eye and the whisker are the only things melted. The skull was fine. I don't care how strong you are, once your brain falls out of your skull, you're dead.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frankfreddy View Post
    I think Blackbeard has taken the title of Yonkou one of the top 4 pirate warlords along with Shanks now that Whitebeard has passed away and that space has become available.
    I think the marines now see Blackbeard as a bigger threat then Whitebeards crew and Luffy so they will disregard them for now and focus there battle on him which will allow them to escape.
    By the way i still don't understand why his body can handle more than 1 devil fruit because of his blood?
    So does that mean that Luffy can handle more then 1 devil fruit power as well as he is a D?
    well he did says this era is his, before i really didn't consider BB and his crew at a yonkou level, but with the gura gura no mi in his position, only a foul or hater would deny that the BB crew are not on yonkou level now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think it was a magic blanket. im sure bb saw wb use his power a lot of times, so im sure he understood the basic concept of using the power.

i also thought it was odd that WB didnt use his quake fruit that much, almost as if oda was saving it, and i guess it was for BB to unleash it later.

anyway so BB has 2 fruits and lafite has one so that brings the BB pirates total to 3. maybe pizaro has one as well, guess we will wait and see

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alien81 View Post
    well he did says this era is his, before i really didn't consider BB and his crew at a yonkou level, but with the gura gura no mi in his position, only a foul or hater would deny that the BB crew are not on yonkou level now.
    Maybe battle power wise, even though I think they are still no match for other Yonkou. We're only about half way through the story aren't we? Might become boring if Blackbeard is suddenly the strongest.

Besides, other Yonkou have large crews and a lot of allies probably. Emperors are more about political influence than about sheer force, although one doesn't exclude the other.

Also, don't be mad, just trying to help. It's possession and fool.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BB's absorption ability is due to his body being composed of Darkness, which would go along with what Marco said. His ability allows him to absorb things into his body; usually debris, people, buildings, etc. but his powers may have grown where he can absorb the DF abilities out of someone into his own body. But I think this has a limitation just like his regular ability, if he absorbs too much he has to release it so I think he can only hold 1 extra DF ability at a time so if he wants to steal someone else's ability he'll have to give up the Gura Gura, which of course most likely won't happen.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i dont think it was a magic blanket. im sure bb saw wb use his power a lot of times, so im sure he understood the basic concept of using the power.

i also thought it was odd that WB didnt use his quake fruit that much, almost as if oda was saving it, and i guess it was for BB to unleash it later.

anyway so BB has 2 fruits and lafite has one so that brings the BB pirates total to 3. maybe pizaro has one as well, guess we will wait and see
    The thing is the pirates could have won, manily because of how strong WB, but since the war started up until now you can see that oda, did hold in check WB throwing those quakes.

I mean red dog himself did say if he keeps doing it, it will destroyed the island.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    I don't think it's a magic blanket either. But still, it won't stop me from calling it a magic blanket.
    It is amazing how it appeared out of nowhere, though. I never imagined that strong pirates go around carrying magical blankets with them.

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    I think BB's absorption ability is due to his body being composed of Darkness, which would go along with what Marco said.
    That doesn't go well with the translation I read. Marco referred to something that seemed to be a common knowledge among Whitebeard's pirates. Something specific about the way his body is built.

Of course, it is possible that Marco and those pirates he was talking too are well informed about the effect of darkness logia on human body, or that translation is not entirely correct.
    Last edited by Razh; March 10, 2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Romanov D Paul's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

They would not be able to make pic-nic parties on their ship after a great victory if they did not carry magic blanket around, Razh, how could you did not get that
    "When in the end we'll reach our goal, then tell us how much our efforts were worth of"
    R. Rolland, "Jean-Cristophe"

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe battle power wise, even though I think they are still no match for other Yonkou. We're only about half way through the story aren't we? Might become boring if Blackbeard is suddenly the strongest.

Besides, other Yonkou have large crews and a lot of allies probably. Emperors are more about political influence than about sheer force, although one doesn't exclude the other.

Also, don't be mad, just trying to help. It's possession and fool.
    thanks dude there is nothing wrong in finding spelling mistake's in one's post and correct them, so thank you.

and don't be surprise cause am sure i will make another spelling error always happens.

I know is kool with yonkou's having so many bodies behind them, but if we cut to the case, after the captain add another 6 or 7 that's what would pretty much make a pirate crew hella strong.

BB's crew have that, the thing is BB aint going to have that many followers, because he doesn't need to, what he has now imo as a group, puts them at a yonkou level, despite not having many numbers as the WB pirates did.

Well i would think if any OP character is close to being the strongest BB right now would be hot on the list, don't you think.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to mention that Blackbeard didn't really do much in diminishing his weakness. His defenses are still awful. They aren't reinforced much with quake fruit really. Most of the moves I've seen with it are offensive.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, you can stop Aokiji from freezing you if you concentrate quake around ur fist beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov D Paul View Post
    They would not be able to make pic-nic parties on their ship after a great victory if they did not carry magic blanket around, Razh, how could you did not get that
    Then again, maybe it's San Juan's handkerchief...
    Last edited by Razh; March 10, 2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Romanov D Paul's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a given, he really is a power-hungry idiot after all. If his body allowed him to take in 2 different abilities, then he must be pretty stupid not to take on another Logia to reiforce his defence... or maybe he could'nt? Who the hell kows, we'll know in the future maybe.

Then again, maybe it's San Juan's handkerchief...
    That's also a possibility, indeed...
    Last edited by Romanov D Paul; March 10, 2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When in the end we'll reach our goal, then tell us how much our efforts were worth of"
    R. Rolland, "Jean-Cristophe"

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov D Paul View Post
    That's a given, he really is a power-hungry idiot after all. If his body allowed him to take in 2 different abilities, thne he must be pretty stupid not to take on another Logia to reiforce his defence... or maybe he could'nt? who the hell kows, we'll know in the future maybe
    <hr noshade size="1">

That's also a possibility, indeed...
    I think this is oda's way in one hand giving BB the ultimate offensive power, but also has a weakness in his defence, if BB became perfect it would be too hard to believe that luffy can beat him.

everyone has some kind of weakness or should, or other wise how will you defeat them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Moogle Mango's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alien81 View Post
    I think this is oda's way in one hand giving BB the ultimate offensive power, but also has a weakness in his defence, if BB became perfect it would be too hard to believe that luffy can beat him.

everyone has some kind of weakness or should, or other wise how will you defeat them.
    Exactly! If BB had a crazy defense along with his offense, how will Luffy defeat him even with king's haki?
    Force Quit.
    Spoiler show

haw haw!

New Reply
Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast