Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 577 Discussion / 578 Prediction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 577 Discussion / 578 Prediction

I would like to make a prediction about what happens in a Luffy vs. BB fight (that will most likely happen in the future) Once BB realizes that he is cornered he will try to beg Luffy for forgiveness while plotting a last hideous backstab attack, once that fails he's gonna cry and scream "No, Not me! You can't be serious! I can't die!" or sth. Mark down my words, It's gonna happen...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alien81's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _AceOfSpades_ View Post
    What? That guy didn't have enough balls to go out and make a name for himself without knowing that he's gonna be successful. Feel free to call it "opportunistic", but I think it's also "cowardice"...
    He's the kind of guy who is scared shitless when he is confronted with death. He was serious when he begged WB he was PLDGING FOR HIS FRIGGIN' LIFE! He's a coward, no doubt about it.
    The thing is BB knew 1v1 WB, would have killed murder him no contest, now if you know that why would you approach him like that.

The way i see it BB knew the only way he would have a chance was to get the marine to weaken him in the war he comes in for the final blow, but still he didn't do it by himself, he did it with his crew.

I agree he meant it, when he was begging for his life, but the thing is that exactly fit's in BB character, you would expect only him and probably other like him to do that sort of stuff, i actually found it funny to say the least.

Ultear Acr of Time by [COLOR="sienna"]Alien81 [/COLOR]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Truefan21 View Post
    You begging for his life could have easily been a ploy so he can give the signal to his crew members to attack WB when his was not looking.
    That was definitly not the case. Otherwise BB wouldn't have said "get them" or sth along the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Blackbeard...is afraid of death?

You're serious about that statement? As much as Blackbeard has done...
    Then why did he beg for his life? Remember Zoro, how he faced Mihawk/death. Now compare that to BB's pathetic show..

All the the things he has done? Yes he did some impressive stuff, well I didn't say he was weak. But while doing all that stuff, he had confidence in his fruit. Seriously, the moment he realiszed his fruit is not going to work against WB, he begged for his life.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    That was definitly not the case. Otherwise BB wouldn't have said "get them" or sth along the lines.

Then why did he beg for his life? Remember Zoro, how he faced Mihawk/death. Now compare that to BB's pathetic show..

All the the things he has done? Yes he did some impressive stuff, well I didn't say he was weak. But while doing all that stuff, he had confidence in his fruit. Seriously, the moment he realiszed his fruit is not going to work against WB, he begged for his life.
    Dude BB is a villain. He isn't going to remotely resemble any of the "heros" in the story. So to compare a villain and his actions to hero and his actions makes absolutely no sense. Almost everything that heros do, villains will do the exact opposite of that. Its that simple.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Dude BB is a villain. He isn't going to remotely resemble any of the "heros" in the story. So to compare a villain and his actions to hero and his actions makes absolutely no sense. Almost everything that heros do, villains will do the exact opposite of that. Its that simple.
    Yes it does make sense, since Im trying to point out the exact opposite points of BB. Read your post again and maybe ours. You actually agreed with me here. So while a hero is not afraid of death, a antagonist could be. Well in our case, BB is without doubt afraid of death. Otherwise his words back then makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by _AceOfSpades_ View Post
    I would like to make a prediction about what happens in a Luffy vs. BB fight (that will most likely happen in the future) Once BB realizes that he is cornered he will try to beg Luffy for forgiveness while plotting a last hideous backstab attack, once that fails he's gonna cry and scream "No, Not me! You can't be serious! I can't die!" or sth. Mark down my words, It's gonna happen...
    /signed!
    Last edited by BlackHair; March 10, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Duzy's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Chap 225: Luffy and Zorro state (about Teach) that "it's not he, it's they".
    I haven't read the entire thread, I stumbled on it and consider it something that can be on the right track. Nice !

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, that's my personal opinion. No-one can change that, except Oda (BB). So plz don't even bother trying to.
    Hello a BB fanboy here. I'm just wondering how do you feel about the final opponent for Luffy (let's get real, it's gonna be BB) to be a "lame coward". Do you consider OP now to be on a landslide ? Whatever your answer is, keep in mind I wouldn't dare to attempt to change your opinion. In the end, we're just in a forum...

Another thing about BB. IMO the guy is the king of jackasses. He's gonna do anything to achieve his dream. He's gonna beg, he's gonna sell himself in the red district. Honour ? Decency ? Is my train of though really so rare that I saw his way of behaviour coming ? As some people already pointed out, this is supposed to be a villain, not an antihero.
    Last edited by Duzy; March 10, 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duzy View Post
    I'm just wondering how do you feel about the final opponent for Luffy (let's get real, it's gonna be BB) to be a "lame coward". Do you consider OP now to be on a landslide ?
    Sup - non BB fanboy here. Clearly you never read a post of mine concerning BB beside in this thread. Im one of those who are supporting BB as the final villain theory.

Oda turned BB into a lame final boss, I mentioned that before. On top of that all this new crap with 2 DF, it is pissing me off. I don't like how Oda turned all this around.

Also about the opinion comment from you and Junior: Isn't the point of a argument to change the other ones opinion? Or why else would there be a argument?
    Last edited by BlackHair; March 10, 2010 at 05:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Truefan21 View Post
    Ok I don't like the idea behind BB's power up but oda has not given me a reason to doubt him so i hope he will come through
    Oda is doing a fine job with Blackbeard, actually.
    Through the past few chapters, he was able to show exactly how low and how far Blackbeard will go to accomplish his desires.
    Blackbeard's tactic was shown in the last chapter, as he came up with that masterpiece of a plan that did in both Ace and Whitebeard, while also making a fool of the World Government.
    You can't blame Blackbeard for wanting power and becoming the strongest. Oda has fully established Blackbeard as the type of person who would be enticed by power and rule.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Sup -
    Oda turned BB into a lame final boss, I mentioned that before. On top of that all this new crap with 2 DF, it is pissing me off. I don't like how Oda turned all this around.
    lol totally agree there, last weeks chapter was imo the best chapter and this weeks chapter is the worst one. I mean comeon, 2 Dfs? nd on top of that it has to be WBs, i think Oda kinda killed WBs powers.
    Dragon-D-Pein-Sama

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda wish Oda had just explained BB being able to have two powers with: Its only because of the Yami Yami no Mi.

For the first time I'm actually worried over the future plot of one piece I can see it now how Luffy and CO meets Vegapunk hearing how he came up with a way to give another person 2 powers but they must be extremely strong willed and powerful to survive it and because they helped him with some bs he offers Luffy to try it out. Luffy agrees because its their only chance to defeat BB He survives and after a couple of chapters of us wondering: WHAT WILL BE LUFFYS NEW POWER!? We will see him facing of with BB doing gear 2 while Flames dances around his body.

Oh ya baby burning rubber man!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PaLLl's Avatar
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys say beg ? where did he actually beg him ?
    Is it really beging then in war an ally betrays you and when you corner him like a rat , he will try to buy himself a time by speaking with you . And making a dialog about something like : Come on . Do you really plan to kill your own comrade ?
    Or do you really have the guts to kill your own Captain ?

Beging is like : Please DOn't kill me. I will do everything just don't do it. I want to live etc.
    BB : instead bought himself a time . or just wanted by having a dialog or pushing on the past to back stab him . As it was told , the words can do much more hideous damage then a bullet.

And even if BB is a coward , he with his old crew went to ID. Faced Magellan with a smile on his face(well he got saved By The Rain. But still he faced magellan with no regrets.). He also FACED Ace. who have done damage to him to.

BB isn't a coward. He's just to overconfidence. He believes in himself without reading and making a plot what might happen . Just like Luffy. To much Belief in himself. That's why Ace says Luffy is Stupid and worry abouts him.
    And that's why BB is heavily damage . But to somehow survive he uses a Dialog to escape .
    Like it was said . Even a cornered mouse can be a deadly opponent.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaLLl View Post
    Is it really beging then in war an ally betrays you and when you corner him like a rat , he will try to buy himself a time by speaking with you . And making a dialog about something like : Come on . Do you really plan to kill your own comrade ?
    Or do you really have the guts to kill your own Captain ?

Beging is like : Please DOn't kill me. I will do everything just don't do it. I want to live etc.
    BB : instead bought himself a time . or just wanted by having a dialog or pushing on the past to back stab him . As it was told , the words can do much more hideous damage then a bullet.

And even if BB is a coward , he with his old crew went to ID. Faced Magellan with a smile on his face(well he got saved By The Rain. But still he faced magellan with no regrets.). He also FACED Ace. who have done damage to him to.

BB isn't a coward. He's just to overconfidence. He believes in himself without reading and making a plot what might happen . Just like Luffy. To much Belief in himself. That's why Ace says Luffy is Stupid and worry abouts him.
    And that's why BB is heavily damage . But to somehow survive he uses a Dialog to escape .
    Like it was said . Even a cornered mouse can be a deadly opponent.
    Simply put, BB is a strong character, who can deffinetly be compared with the second rate fighters such as Ace, Magillan, luffy etc... BUT HE IS NO WHERE NEAR FIRST RATE FIGHTERS SUCH AS WB, GARP, SENGOKU ETC... NOR DOES HE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO COMPETE WITH THEM!
    Dragon-D-Pein-Sama

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Panel 2 Oda clearly focused on BB face, gave him a extra panel. Look at his face, that is fear! He was begging out of fear of his life. Yes he tried to make WB stop (I agree with you there), but he was also begging.

Yes he idd. Since he had confidence in his fruit. The moment he lost confidence he begged.

You can try to pimp up BB how u want. He still begged for his life. That much is VERY fact.
    Last edited by BlackHair; March 10, 2010 at 05:20 PM.

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

BB isn't a coward. He's just too overconfident
    He certainly IS overconfident. Because of that he feels like he'll never die and is in no danger. Because of that he is the kind that gets really scared when someone brings him down from his high horse and makes him face reality. Which makes him a C-O-W-A-R-D.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jabjal's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

OK seriously people calm down this is what we call developing the main antagonist. The main bad guy usually has a much easier time acquiring abilities and using plot hax than anybody else. Suck it up and enjoy the chapter. It seems even one piece is privy to Forum PMS'ing.

Anyways good chapter although it was very convienient like any other shonen manga (OMG someone said Oda's storytelling was akin to any other shonen this cant be he's a genius someone kill this blasphemer) Anyways I expect great things out of the next chapter and i am eagerly anticipating when Luffy regains all of his crew members. Lord that another year time to put on patient hat

New Reply
Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast