Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Future batman movies

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Future batman movies

Ok, so with the end and success of the nolan trilogy I would think it is very likely there will be many batman films in the future, although, without nolan. If the internet serves me right they are even already planning one for release in 2015 which is quite soon considering how long the time between each nolan film was.

So who do you think should direct? Who should be batman? Which villains should be there? Who should play those villains?

To be honest my impression is that so far all batman films fail to actually incorporate all elements of what batman is in the comic books. Burton did a great job but in turn his batman seemed to lack a few of the ninja aspects which are supposed to define batman. Burton for example took the comic book abilities and traits of characters and was extremely loyal to them. The only thing which if I recall was not quite right was how batman moved around. Batman is supposed to be a ninja, he is supposed to fight from the shadows and be scary. In turn the joker had his usual insanity and chemistry talents. With nolan we had perhaps the opposite. Villains were made so that we as viewers would see them as plausible in a real world setting. The joker was not a genius scientist, bane was a terrorist. So I would think that a new batman film should actually incorporate all of this things. Batman being heavily traumatized (if I recall burton's version did not have quite that), being a ninja and move in the darkness, the actual traits and superpowers of villains.

I haven't yet given much thought to who I would like to see play different characters however I would love to see the guy who plays loki in the thor movie play the joker. He would physically look more like the joker than ledger and he is a reasonably good actor.
    Last edited by Ustegius; September 02, 2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added prefix~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future batman movies

Not too long ago I read an Ign article stating that warner brothers plan on rebooting batman in the Justice League of America movie slated to come out in 2015 a good amount time ahead of the Man of Steel movie which comes out next summer. From what I've gathered he'll be different from Nolan's Batman. Less serious less darker at character. After the JLA movie I hear they plan on making another batman movie.

My choice of director? I like Peter Jackson here I've always loved his creativity and story telling he would be an ideal fit as director.

Now as for who will be the next Batman? Jake Gyllenhaal was once interested in the role he has the charm and muscle for it...or Tom cruise could take up the mantle...Michael Fassbender would be ideal.

Now I expect the re-booted Batman not to follow in the foot steps of Nolan's trilogy. Whoever takes the helm will probably make it so that the films aren't that so grounded in realness and reality restricting the amount of courses of action that can be taken. I still expect the films to take themselves seriously (God knows we don't need another "Batman and Robin" film), but will allow ridiculous things to happen.

Villains I would like to see? well, obviously the Riddler not going to lie I was excited when I first heard the rumors that Jonny Depp was interested in playing that character in Nolan's third film too bad he scratched the idea womp womp ummm Black Mask is appealing and fire fly would be cool to see. Gerald Butler in my opinion would make a cool villain.

But in all honestly.....Why reboot the franchise? Nolan's Batman trilogy is easily one of the best trilogies made in the last decade. I don't get what warner brothers is trying to do here....
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; August 30, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I can't imagine a good batman who is not dark. Batman is supposed to be a disturbed emotionally unsettling bastard. I maintain that the perfect batman film would incorporate the dark emotional elements of the nolan trilogy while keeping bad guys realistic with their actual comic book counterparts (so keep every bad guy as a genius strategist scientist and batman as a polymath). As awesome as nolan's trilogy was, I do think it is possible to make even better batman movies.

Jake is a horrible choice lol. I would not pay to see a movie with him as batman. Ok actor but I don't buy him as a badass character, he just doesn't have the look or feel of one. Tom cruise is a significant improvement over him but somehow I don't see it. I think hugh jackman could be a good choice but I guess there is no universe in which it is fair to see the same guy playing wolverine and the god damn batman. Fasbender is a great actor, I would pay to see him as batman. Still seems to much like a pretty boy and not quite the action hero. I don't quite picture him in an actually badass role (lets face it, he was not that badass as magneto).

If they are trying to get a justice league film then they desperate need another batman as bale and nolan aren't coming back for that. I also don't think nolan's batman would make sense in an universe where they have to fight actually superpowered beings. Ordinarily batman wins at all cost against actually superpowered beings while nolan's batman lost a fight to bane who was a regular human (even if physically very strong). How about the guy from machete as bane? Not sure how serious that would be but I would pay for that.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer it if the next Batman movie were something different from Nolan's films. The awesome thing about the Batman mythos is that you can interpret them in a lot of different ways: 40's style Pulp and/or Noir; camp and cartoony; dark and somber; gritty and realistic; etc... I loved Nolan's trilogy, they're some of the best movies I've ever seen, and out of all the Batman films they are definitely the best. However, I want to see a different take on the characters and their world. The Batman cartoons are great at this, seeing as each series has its own style. A movie similar to the tone and style as Batman The Animated Series would be awesome!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy from Machete certainly has the Hispanic background to play the Bane from the comics and his acting skills are exceptional. I'm just wondering if he could meet the physical demands of playing that role. He would have to beef up a lot.

Honestly, I think Hugh Jackman is slightly overrated. I've seen a multitude of his films and a lot of them feel the same. His performance in the Xmen movies aren't that great, and other films I've seen him in didn't leave a lasting impression on me. He's still a good actor, but I don't see him fitting that role.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, I would think that badass billionaire playboy is a role that would fit jackman quite well. If anything, taking in consideration his roles he was born to be the god damned batman. I do kinda think he is too old for the role nowadays. Perhaps he would fit for a batman movie without an origin story, that way we can start with a seasoned batman with a lot of experience rather than a guy trying to figure it out.

New Reply