Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Rika Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rika Thread

Alright this has been mentioned before. So I wanna know what you guys think is Rika working with Sora? If so what are her motivations for doing so?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Rika On Sora's Side?

oyos

just because ringo and mikan have shown how they really feel and went with their feelings despite how stupid it may be to follow through with it, i'm leaning more towards rika being on sora's side. he probably guilted/fooled her into siding with him for the baby's sake like saying that kiric/sf will likely try to kill him and to prevent that, he needs her to play along so that he'll have a better advantage because they do care about her too... rika's had her parents leave when she was a kid, so she definitely doesn't want her kid to be without parents (and a chance to have both, not just one). she probably thinks that sora won't kill anybody...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While it really wouldn't surprise me either way, i'd have to say no she isn't at this point. I just think the way she's being used as bait, with her life seemingly at risk, shows her how serious the situation really is so I don't think she'd be convinced Sora doesn't want any deaths. If she is on his side then she's ready to kill Ikki, Ringo, Mikan and Ume for Sora, which I just don't see her doing.

EDIT: I just really hope she isn't cause I don't wanna see 10 chapters of emo Ikki.
    Last edited by Shijima; January 20, 2010 at 09:45 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't her thinking Sora doesn't want any deaths make he the dumbest fucking bitch in AG. I mean if she doesn't know about Spitfire by now would be really stupid.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

she might know that spitfire is dead but even in the media it was brushed off as some tragic accident so it's understandable if she didn't know that sora killed spitfire. plus, sora could have done some elaborate plan using nike's minions whom rika doesn't know work for sora and nike, to have kidnapped her so there's also that chance that she doesn't even know that sora's behind her current predicament.

i'd like to think rika is now painfully aware of sora's evilness, but just for the sake of argument i'll be sticking with this for the duration of this thread.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think somebody would tell her what happened. I mean Ringo,Mikan,Ikki,Kiric anybody. For her not to know would be kind of stupid.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

unless they feel that it would be too much her or have been trying to keep her uninvolved by leaving her in the dark so that she can more or less continue her normal lifestyle/family life in peace... i mean 1/2 the team really really cares about rika and would prefer to 'keep her safe' from worry (and harm) by telling her nothing. take katekyo hitman reborn for example, tsuna and the others kept kyoko and haru in the dark for a long time before finally admitting the truth simply because they demanded it (after suspecting a bit). ringo and the others probably thought rika was better off not knowing... (as much as i think we all agree that doing something like that is stupid for the obvious reasons, but that's just the way it seems to work in any fictional story)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't know what to think...her being on sora's side would be an interesting "twist" so to speak.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think sora wanted her to be on his side and she did to but maybe once finding out about spitfires death she told him she couldnt do it resulting in soras current use of her as bait, in the toy driven super torture chair.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

watch it be all an elaborate setup, rika not knowing who captured her, and then just before she'd killed by the blades, someone from genesis saves her and says that they were delayed by koga/ringo because they were trying to use her against sora...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

watch it be all an elaborate setup, rika not knowing who captured her, and then just before she'd killed by the blades, someone from genesis saves her and says that they were delayed by koga/ringo because they were trying to use her against sora...
    If she believed that then she should die. With all the people who know what's going on including the U.S. president and the girls to TTT, and Simca as well. If she didn't believe what they told her then she would be one dumb bitch. Also they're on an aircraft carrier, would she really believe that Sf or especially Koga had those type of resources. She would also have to ask herself why would SF bring me here instead of the tower?
    Last edited by Carnevil; January 21, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

she could have been blindfolded or was knocked out and woke up strapped to the chair. and the inside of the aircraft carrier looks (and is built) similar to the tower so at the present moment she could believe that sf was behind her captivity. as for how to explain to her afterwords when she rescued by genesis that they are actually on a ship would be a bit hard i admit... unless they said that sf was working with some military faction to take over the world? (yeah its bad and hard to believe but we may as well debate this)

and being gullible/stupid shouldn't merit deserving to die. as readers, yes we are entitled to feel that way about characters, but in the context of the story, the fact that she's so in the dark about everything and wanting nothing more then to live a happy family life is what makes the other characters feel sorry for her and would probably try to keep her ignorant and happy/worry free then knowing the truth and realizing she's carrying the child of the man who's trying kill the rest of her family (if sora is indeed the father, a high probability but who knows if she was messing around). that would be too much for her to take and may become more confused that would in turn make her take unnecessary action and get hurt/killed anyways.

if sora is gonna kill anyone who get in his way, and suddenly rika was making a firm stand against him, then she's as good as dead... where as she doesn't know anything, gets along with sora and he shows no intention of doing anything bad to her because for all we know, he may have real feelings for her and so she's safe from harm.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner whateveritis122487's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Rika is on Sora's side and it was foreshadowed during the computer simulation match her real feelings. There's a few times during the match where she wonders what exactly Sora is talking about when he shrugs off Dantores's sacrifice. While I think that she did have willful blindness to what Sora was doing in some of the more innocent areas (mostly the training of Ikki, but we haven't seen her since then so we don't know what she's been doing in between, but Ringo did say she went back to her wrestling tour), I don't think she'd overlook being strapped to the chair like she is right now.

Add to that while she might follow Sora against normal teams, I have a really hard time seeing her going against her sisters and Ikki, who ARE the most important people in her life.

New Reply