Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manga series that you'd wish would last longer?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga series that you'd wish would last longer?

There are some manga I wish had lasted longer.

Millennium Prime Minister
    Suki (CLAMP manga)

Sadly Millennium Prime Minister manga lasted only 4 volumes. It is a shoujo romance comedy about a 16-year old down-to-earth schoolgirl who was minding her business until she ran into a strange guy who seemed enchanted with her and proclaimed her the First Lady of Japan. Then she ignored him and later on, she was shocked to learn that guy whom she ran into was the Japan's youngest prime minister (at the age of 25). I enjoyed reading this funny and sweet story until the end. But I feel that 4 volumes seemed too short. The manga should've lasted until 8th or 9th volume.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga series that you'd wish would last longer?

i could be wrong or perhaps i saw this on another forum but isnt this kinda similar to the thread manga you wish never ended? sorry if im getting confused with onemanga or something

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have to say Bremen. It was incredibly well paced in the beginning, but towards the last 15 or so chapters, the pacing was just shot out of a cannon and ended so abrupt. I really wish it could have had a much better paced ending instead of the one it has now, and more than likely forever; I highly doubt it'll get the Shaman King treatment.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

umm id like a few series to of lasted longer one of them being death note, and i never want gantz to end ever ever ever

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Double Arts. It had such a great potential for becoming an amazing manga. Unfortunately, just when things were starting to get pretty interesting and we were beginning to learn more about the characters the series got cancelled. I wish Double Arts would have lasted longer, especially after reading the last chapter.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

↑ This is one of those instances where the gaijin community doesn't see eye-to-eye with Japanese readers. It's really a pity.

Another manga that got cancelled was Kibengakuha Yotsuya Senpai no Kaidan (also from WSJ). The mix of mystery and the supernatural was intriguing as well as the unique artwork. Who knows what would have been in store if the manga was allowed to continue.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with Destiny on Double Arts. Such a pity it got canceled.

Another series I wish could have lasted a little longer would be Psyren. It had a decent ending for the time it was given, but the operative phrase here is "for the time it was given". Honestly, it could have been better if it had even a couple more weeks, which isn't something Jump couldn't have spared considering it didn't have a new series to replace Psyren for a good number of weeks

I also wouldn't have minded a part 2/continuation of Hana Yori Dango. It did last a good 30+ volumes, but with the kind of plot it had, it could really have gone on forever and delved into their lives when Doumyouji returned, they got married etc.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling Otomen is reaching its ending. (or has it ended yet?)
    It is such a good and unusual shoujo manga. There are lots of interesting characters, you are most likely to find one you really like. I will be very sad to see it end.
    Even though i am happy with its ending, i would love to see a continuation of Harlem Beat and Slam Dunk.

Clover (by Clamp) is an unfortunate series where it was forced to end without conclusion because the publisher went bankrupt.

I really love Hikaru no Go, and i feel sad to see it end with an open ending so abruptly. I feel that there are a lot more stories that can be told. D:
    Last edited by R4n; February 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Millennium Snow felt to short. It's only two volumes, probably by design, but the main romance felt rushed. Another volume or two would have given more time for the pairing to develop more naturally. Otherwise a good manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I also wouldn't have minded a part 2/continuation of Hana Yori Dango. It did last a good 30+ volumes, but with the kind of plot it had, it could really have gone on forever and delved into their lives when Doumyouji returned, they got married etc.
    I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who had wished for that. ^_^ I have always thought that it would be pretty nice and cool if we were to have another season of the J-drama or a continuation of the manga. I would have no problem continue to accompany Tsukasa and Makino in the new chapter of their lives as a married couple, and I would also like to know more about the lives of the other members of the F4 after they graduated from H.S.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 27, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Yu Yu Hakusho and Psyren lasted longer. I would have liked to see some of the fights in the last tournament, like Mokuro, Yomi, Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei fighting, especially Yusuke vs. Yomi. Same with Psyren... the final fight was seriously lacking. Moar fights plz.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Another series I wish could have lasted a little longer would be Psyren. It had a decent ending for the time it was given, but the operative phrase here is "for the time it was given". Honestly, it could have been better if it had even a couple more weeks, which isn't something Jump couldn't have spared considering it didn't have a new series to replace Psyren for a good number of weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I wish Yu Yu Hakusho and Psyren lasted longer. I would have liked to see some of the fights in the last tournament, like Mokuro, Yomi, Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei fighting, especially Yusuke vs. Yomi. Same with Psyren... the final fight was seriously lacking. Moar fights plz.
    Count me in as another one who would've liked Psyren to have continued. I could tell there was a lot more in store for the characters; most unfortunately it'll never be told. The series had a lot of potential, and it's just too bad.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I will have to jump onto the HYD bandwagoon too. But we can't do much about the fact, that most of the shoujo romances end after they leave high school. Koukou Debut is one of those too. Just when Kawaharas art had grown so much, it was already over. Cat Street[from Kamio "HYD" too] was one of my best reads in the past years, had a wonderful conclusion, but more wouldn't have damaged anyone. XD There's also Midori no Hibi and GTO for the comedy. Luckily the later one got a spin-off, but I don't like the change of places so much.

In the scanlation department I would like to see Crimson Hero being done again. :/ As well as those few last chapter for Matsuri special.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 02, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t remember seeing you in the OC, so welcome to the OC and to this thread, Schabrak!

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Seems like I will have to jump onto the HYD bandwagoon too.
    It is cool to meet another HYD fan. ^_^ Just out of curiosity, have you only read the manga or have you also watched the anime and the live-action versions of it?

Quote Quote:
    Cat Street[from Kamio "HYD" too] was one of my best reads in the past years, had a wonderful conclusion, but more wouldn't have damaged anyone. XD
    I read and liked Cat Street as well. I was satisfied with the ending, but as you said, a special chapter or chapters wouldn’t hurt.

Spoiler: Cat Street show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro to last longer. Its length and ending was fine the way it was so the reason is purely selfish. There was a moment in the series where I became enchanted, and I remember spending an entire night reading it. I wanted to know what was going to happen next so I quickly devoured the chapters.

Imagine if I was reading it while it was still on-going: the whole week would be agonizing in a good way. It'd be tough, but I think the reading experience would be much more exciting. This is a weird reason; I know.
    Last edited by Asarii; March 05, 2011 at 02:20 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast