Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nazenani Negima!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zefyris's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nazenani Negima!

Hi all, I was thinking that something is laking around here, and that is, a thread about all the info in the end of negima’s volume, and negima’s chapters (for the first 2 volume mainly, after this, almost all the info can be found in the end of the volume rather than in the end of a chapter).
    You know, all those huge texts about negima’s spells, techniques, and all. Let's get started with a Q&A called the nazenani negima in the end of the 28th volume.

1)Pactio related.
    Q : I don't quite understand the connection between a « pactio card » and an « artifact card ».
    A : Among the pactio card which are the proof that a provisional contract has been made, only those which have the function to provide an artifact are called « artifact card ». In other words, there are pactio cards that doesn't provide you with an artifact.

Q : Among the 3-A girls, who's the one that Akamatsu sensei want to try making a pactio with ?
    A : Maybe kakizaki…

Q : Albireo's pactio cards that can't be used anymore has the same drawing that his actual pactio card. But, setsuna x negi's pactio card has a different drawing that setsuna x konoka. Why is that ?
    A : another version of the artifact card appeared. As expected, for setsuna, the pactio made with konoka was really special for her.

Q : Is there only one artifact per person ? Only one type of artifact per person ?
    A : There's a lot of case when there's only one type but, there's also case when there is several of them. there's also the case when a beginner cannot summon more than a weaker version of the artifact displayed on the card.

Q : Did the girls in Fate's party got their artifact with a kiss ?
    A : That’s probably the case. That is, if fate does really have a soul…

Q : How do you read the name of tatsumiya mana on the old pactio card ?
    A : マナアルカナ (mana arcana)

Q : What is the difference between the normal mind-reading magic and the « ido no e nikki » (TL : nodoka’s pactio)
    A : The magic that was used by negi require a direct contact with the person while you're asking him a question, and you can only read a vague impression of what his raw reaction about it is. In the case of the ido no e nikki, it's surpassing this in that you can read the accurate sentences of what your enemy's thinking while being separated from him, and that you can display an image of it.

Q : kotarou kun isn't a mage but, can he do a pactio ?
    A : A pactio can be made with either a "magic user" or a "ki user" on the master side. Someone which neither have strong magic nor ki can still do a pactio, however, it won't result in an artifact being created.

Q : Can the amano tsurugi dispel Ki-related techniques like it can dispel magic ?
    A : Yes, it can.

Q : Can a pactio be made in both direction ? For exemple right now, negi has made a pactio with konoka while negi being the master and konoka the minister magi. Can they do another pactio with Konoka as the master and negi being the minister magi ?
    A : The relation master-servant change depending on the way the magical circle is written. This means that if you write master and servant in the reverse order, the opposite pactio can be made.

Q : is the pactio card of negi-kun still existing after the end of the match ?
    A : When they released ako and the other from their collars, theodora took back the card and canceled the pactio.

2)Spell related

Q : with a magical barrier of a mage of an average/normal strength, can you protect yourself from a gun ?
    A : If he expanded the shield beforehand, he will be able to block it. However, he will never make it in time after the bullet was fired.

Q : if you do a « complexio » using magia erebea with an « exarmatio »(TL : the spell that disarm your opponent) spell, what would it become ?
    A : You would become able to do an « exarmatio punch ».

3) Character related

Q : Fate now gives the impression of being extremely powerful but, during his fight with negi back in the 6th volume, he was trapped by the sagita magica aer capturae, and took a blow in his face, this somehow seems incompatible to me, but what do you think about it ?
    A : He probably just underestimated negi. Besides, at this time, he turned Eishun to stone , so there was already no doubt that he was really strong.

Q: Is that horns on the head of Theodora ?
    A: Yes, this is a feature of her area's species.

Q: I want to see the manga that saotome haruna produced but, can we see it?
    A: It has become for woman-only and rated 18+.(laughs)

Q: In the Rakan's independent production movie we saw rakan san and eishun san fighting, but if they were fighting for real, who would have been stronger?
    A: They're probably roughly on par with each other. but rakan does have less weaknesses.

Q: there was a character called Pao 2 obsessed with boobs but, was this character designed to be female right from the start?
    A: Yes. It was designed with the motive to do a "In fact she's a woman...".

Q: Why did you made chamo an Ermine? Usually, in mage's stories, the main character pet is a cat, a bird, or something like this. Please tell us about the "birth" (TL: IE: how he was created by akamatsu) of Chamomile.
    A: I took it from " kamo ga negi shotte yatte kita" (TL literally, the duck came carrying with him the spring onion (kamo= wild duck, negi= spring onion as you may know). IE, ready for cooking. AFAIK, it's a Japanese way to say that someone is a gullible dupe.).

Q: Why is negi so cool and cute?
    A: It's heredity.

Q: Is the headmaster strong?
    A: He's quite strong. He does have a special ability.

Q: In the 180th chapter / 20th volume, there's a scene when konoka did a phone call to nekane, but, in fact konoka didn't call and it was just acting?
    A: That's probably the case. Nekane answer phone calls, but this was a little too fast.

Q: Where and how is Kaede's huge shuriken being transported?
    A: While traveling, She split it in 4, pill them up, then like Guts (TL : I thinks it's about Berserk main character?) carry it hidden on her back.

Q:In the 4th volume, chapter 30, " konoka and setsuna secret circumstances" is the dog in konoka's reminiscences kotarou kun?
    A: They look alike but, it's a different dog.

Q: Why does Anya make a fuss over big breasts?
    A: She has a big complex. (laughs)

Akamatsu sensei related :

Q: Which tankoubon's front cover does akamatsu sensei like the most?
    A: I kinda like the 19th...

Q: About the back cover character's presentations, what will you do after you covered all the girls of class 3 A?
    A: I have plans to continue to do the characters presentations , in order of importance.

Q: It seems like akamatsu sensei was using a Mac before, but are you still using one?
    A: Even now, I'm still liking Mac a lot. I'm currently using a G5. And I want a SE30...

Q:When you're a little hungry while working, what do you eat?
    A: A lot of time, it's cup ramen...

Q: From now on, what is your ambition with negima?
    A: Finishing nicely the story. (laughs)

Q: Currently in Akamatsu sensei staff, is there more people of the "big breast faction" of the small breast faction"? And also is your work influenced by the most numerous faction? (Tl : yeah, there is someone who asked this, and what's more, Akamatsu sensei is actually answering seriously and publishing this in a tankoubon. WTF.)
    A : their influence are competing with each other. Our work isn't influenced by this.

Q: why is the "!" of "negima!" becoming a "◎"?
    A: Ah, you're right! (laughs)

Q&A 28#completed-
    ------------------------------
    I'll add other usefull stuff that can be found on others volume. What do you think ? Is it worth it to also translate spells informations ? (you can probably found most of them in English in delray’s volume, right ?)

Lol, just after I started this, a post was made in atronerboy's blog, linking this thread,
    http://vetus.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/vol-28-29-digest/

Ah whatever, the post can still be useful for posting others informations, I guess. Although, about spells, there's quite a good part of them being listed on the same website, too : http://vetus.wordpress.com/spell/. Quite impressive, I didn't know this one at all.
    Looks like the characters presentation on the back cover isn't there thought, so there may be those to translate too?
    Last edited by Zefyris; March 14, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: nazenani negima!

Its not a total waste of time as there are quite a few questions you translated that are absent from the Vetus blog post like the difference in Pactio mind reading vs Negi mind reading one and it is always good to have alternate translations

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're right =).
    BTW, If someone know where to find the volume 29 in raw scan, this would be helpful, since I don't own the 29, and will probably only get it in May together with the #30 during my trip in fukuoka...
    So I won't be able to translate the Q&A 29 (and 30 if there is one, of course) before June when I'll be back in France, I guess.
    If you know, please send me a pm about it or something ^^.

Starting to add the character profiles from the back cover. First number each time is the volume number, then the class seat.

Warning: for now, this part is 'under construction". Therefore, the translation may be incomplete, wrong, and of course, there's a lot of presentations still missing. I'll update and correct it further as fast as I can.
    Here we go :

Character presentations.

1) 27 Miyazaki Nodoka (hon’ya)[宮崎 のどか(本屋)]
    The image for this one was the fragile « Shinobu »(laughs). But this is is a character that is far more shy and have no confidence in herself.
    Here, rather than a « girl with glasses » I brought in the far more evolved concept of « a girl with hair hiding her face »
    She has almost no such things as style.
    She looks like she worries a lot.

2) 16 Sasaki Makie(佐々木 まき絵)
    All of a sudden she took the first place in the first character popularity contest. What a surprising character !(even though she's taking no active part in the story !)
    She was popular among the staff member right from the start, but to think that it would go that far..
    (surprised turtle tama-chan saying « seriously ?!)
    Then in a hurry we added her as one of the main characters. her active part resulting from it is as you know (laughs). We can say that she is the person symbolizing the interactive characteristic of Negima
    Her chest is flat but, her legs and arms are smooth, slender and long. She has a body to do things like rhythmic sport gymnastic.

3) 20 Nagase Kaede (ninja ?) (長瀬 楓)
    I really wanted a character with thin eyes that « pretended not to know » (TL : meaning : she knows things, but pretend not to, appearing carefree as a result when in fact she isn't ).(laughs) In Kaede case « falsely carefree » has a connotation of « kindness », and « strength ». It's a character I've come to like quite a lot. She's also high ranked in the character popularity contest !
    She's in good term with the twins, so she was invited on the occasion into the strolling club.
    Even though she's only a 3rd year, she has pride in her huge breasts !(^^; ) . Her style is also the best but, her results (in school) are extremely bad.(but that's a good thing ?!)

4) 15 Sakurazaki Setsuna (桜咲刹那)
    With her being a shinmeiryuu, is there as expected a connection with Motoko ?
    (本編ùにも小さくそれらしき影が。。。)
    The katana that she's using is called « yuunagi ». It looks like a fairly sharp sword.
    On top of her chest being flat, she’s wearing bicycle shorts. Right now she's lacking in sex appeal but, in the future she will surely become a beautiful woman.
    Try your best, Setsuna !

5) 3 Asakura Kazumi (朝倉 和美)
    She looks like Kitsune but she's a bit different ! (laughs).
    Add being greedy and wishing for a successful career. As a newspaper's reporter, she's energetic and has a sense of justice.
    She's a being who's superiority is acknowledged by her surroundings . (Chamo kun is saying : « that's for sure.. »)

Both her school results and her proportions (though she's losing to Shizuna sensei) are top class !
    I'd like her to do a pactio with Negi.. Wouldn't she become a excellent partner ? With something like a spy ability?
    ... But, just like Kitsune, there's a lot of case when she's taking the role of a chairman. Her turn to be a main character won't probably come round...
    Or maybe it won't be like this ?

6) 13 Konoe Konoka (近衛 木乃香)

Konoka’s role was set as being the heroine (Asuna) ‘s best friend. At first, this wasn't that much of an important role but... Right now for some reasons she has a huge active part !!
    (in the 3rd character popularity contest, she was even above Asuna ^^ ; )
    Well, she's also a character that I like a lot.
    Her seiyuu/Voice Actress is Nonaka Ai san. The impression of a laid back and elegant person is fitting perfectly. Please listen to her CD !
    She should continue to appear a lot from now on. I'm counting on you, Konoka !

7) 29 Yukihiro Ayaka (class rep’) (雪広あやか)
    She's something extremely rare in akamatsu’s manga.
    She's a character of the « imperious lady » type.
    She was first established as someone who would bully the heroin. But while drawing her she became a « good person » with a strong sense of justice ! (laughs).
    (chamo is saying : « she's good material, yes, yes. I wonder if she wouldn’t do a pactio with aniki... »)
    Also, the seiyuu/Voice Actress is the gorgeous Minagawa Junko sama.
    (Tama chan is saying : « tenipuri ?*surprised *» (TL : tenipuri stand for prince of tennis. Minagawa Junko san is a seiyuu that took part in this anime, and also sung the opening)
    She's a character who's from now on you can expect a lot about her active part !
    No, that’s true.
    ...I’m saying that’s true ^^"

8) 21 Naba Chiduru (那波 千鶴)

As the number one big breasted class member, chizu nee is a character giving an overflowing maternal feeling but, contrary to Mutsumi from Love Hina, she has a pushy side.
    It seems like she acquired this part or her personality while being a nurse assistant.
    Her role in the anime version may be a little complicated... ? (chamo is saying : « chamo ?! » (TL this is a play on words, in japanese, the « may be » in that sentence is also its last word, « kamo » , which sound like his name))
    But in the case of kotarou’s treatment, could it be ?!
    Her seiyuu is Kobayashi Misa san. She's the kind of person who's good at taking care of other. It fits perfectly <3.

26) 5 Izumi Ako (和泉 亜子)
    Ako has been established as the pitiable "character who's rejected". Even though she's cute, she always end up being rejected. This time too looks like she won't be her love won't be rewarded.
    She has really a lot of friends. She's loved by everyone. I want her to find happiness someday..
    (chamo's saying: "Then I'll be... <3")
    Her hairdo is complicated. It changed quite lot since the first volume (^^; ).
    In spite of having a lot of "moe points"[TL: for those wondering what moe means, please make a google search. for those that don't know but don't really care, let's translate it by "lovely"^^" ] like ~even though she 's a member of the health committee, she dislike blood~, ~this thing on her back~, ~kansai dialect~, she surprisingly doesn't stand out.
    I even forgot her in those character presentations. Sorry ^^'".
    In the anime version her seiyuu is Yamakawa Kotomi san. As a fan of "MR's assistant" [...]
    She has a tall figure, but her voice is a loli voice <3.
    [...]

27) 30 Yotsuba Satsuki (四葉 五月)
    Yotsuba’s sentences are handwritten characters without speech balloons but, it's something I thought of to express her cute « koala-like » side.
    She's something extremely unusual in Akamatsu manga. With her little plumpness, she's loved by the staff. She's someone recognized by people like Eva and Chao but, this is something I couldn't draw in details during the school festival. It ended up with a little feel of mystery (^^ ; )
    I want to follow through this point someday.
    The seiyuu for the anime version is Naomi Inoue san. She's a former gravure idol, and her voice is also super cute <3. She has a lot of jobs as a singer lately too.
    For the drama version, she's interpreted by Shimizu Mai san. The truth is that she's also a seiyuu.
    I wonder on which point should we put an emphasize on from now on ?

28) 10 Karakuri Chachamaru (絡繰 茶々丸)
    Since the first chapter I was especially careful when drawing Chachamaru. For example, I made sure to never draw touch on the cheeks [TL :the small strokes on each cheek used to express feelings] .(because she's a robot)
    It's only at times like when her spring is winded or when she goes berserk that her cheeks become red. It's because of the heat accumulation in her head part when she overload due to stress, if she take a rest for a little while she calm down. (Chamo’s saying : « let's confirm this »)
    At first, she detested showing her own body to Negi. Because she looked like a robot. But since with her new form it became like the body of a woman, now she'll rather show it to him instead. (laughs)
    The seiyuu for the anime version is Watanabe Akeno san(For the OAD2 too, he take an huge active part) . She talk a bit like a man, but her glamor is satisfactory. [TL in Japanese , Akamatsu sensei is referring to Watanabe san as a « bokukko » which means that she's using « boku » to talk about herself, which is usually for boys only. While we can often hear bokukko in anime, games and so on, there isn't that many of them in real life, and often other Japaneses doesn't like it at all]. She's also doing vocals for an heavy metal band. I really want to go.
    For the drama version she's voiced by Saigusa Mari (she fits incredibly well !) She's a cute and beautiful woman with long hair <3. During shooting, she was reinforcing the "robot-feel" by colored contact lens .
    Last edited by Zefyris; March 18, 2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hata02's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
    BTW, If someone know where to find the volume 29 in raw scan, this would be helpful, since I don't own the 29, and will probably only get it in May together with the #30 during my trip in fukuoka...
    So I won't be able to translate the Q&A 29 (and 30 if there is one, of course) before June when I'll be back in France, I guess.
    If you know, please send me a pm about it or something ^^.
    I might be wrong but I think the current Japanese raw is still at #27, and neither 28 or 29 are available, there is also no raw version of the Bible1 and LE 29 Drama CD right now AFAICT, (Chinese btw is still stuck on #26, always one volume behind.)

Vetsu is run by CanonRAP, a good info site that is not well known because he doesn't promotes it much, I don't think he posts here, but he sometimes drop by AQS, you two should talk to each other, (for a while I though you are CR posting here in another name.)

I would suggest you to read Ken's diary at least once a week, sometimes you get insider info that way which you can translate and share here, plus the various websites that post Ken's exclusive interviews with fans at the two tea party events, (09 and 08) those are not translated anywhere in the English speaking world, and people probably will like to know what is in it. as right now translating the character representation is kind not needed when you are talking book #1 to #25, which had been covered in Del Rey's version, you might want to skip them and do the one DR hasn't covered, meaning things in #26-present, this way you are also not encroaching DR's territory.
    Last edited by Hata02; March 16, 2010 at 02:14 AM.
    2011 Summer: Nichijou, Tiger and Bunny,
    Appleseed XIII, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu 2,
    Kamisama Dolls, Natsume Yuujin-Chou 3, Usagi Drop.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think I found the 28 while searching for the 29, but indeed, I didn't find the 29 anywhere :/.
    Was still hoping that it was available somewhere (via IRC for example).

I thought about Akamatsu sensei's diary too, though with all the stuff that I want to translate it may be a little difficult to find the time for this too at least for a while (I already translated several entries in his diary in another MH thread in fact, you even corrected some of it IIRC).

I'll do the last ones first then, but I kinda want to do all of them anyway and not letting like 15 of them not done. It's not like it's long (though, like Sayo's presentation, there are part difficult to translate ^^") so why not. And not everyone does own the Del Ray version either.
    About vestus well... Like I said before, I still don't see how someone of my level in both English and Japanese could be trusted for Japanese->English translation on a web site or a scanlation anyway.
    If he find some of my translations worth using though, he-or anyone else- can of course use it as he want.

EDIT: !!! I just found something interesting actually. On the 27th front cover, there is a little handwritten Q&A "nazenani" too! I'll translate asap and check other front cover for this, who knows....
    Looks like there are others?! But only 1 question answered each time? Anyway, here they come!

Q&A nazenani negima 21
    Q: How come chachamaru was able to become little?
    A: The age deceiving pills are an illusion-based medicine. As soon as it enter your mouth, you change in a "bam". It's not that she brought a loli-body with her.

Q&A nazenani negima 22
    Q: why is yue, who doesn't disguise herself, not arrested because of her wanted status?
    A: It is forbidden to arrest people in the Ariadne scholarship section as long as he's wishing to learn(Even if it's a demon or a criminal). In Yue's case, looks like she will never be arrested for her whole life. (laughs)

Q&A nazenani negima 23
    Q: Why can the classmates communicate even in the mundus magicus?
    A: It's thanks to a translation magic (it's a really basic magic)
    [TL : You know, I think I want this ability... ^^"]

Q&A nazenani negima 24
    Q:How did chamo survived in the middle of that snow storm?
    A: As an ermine, he loves cold places. (chamo's saying: "that's a lie!")

Q&A Nazenani negima 25
    Q: Why isn't negi using telepathy with yue? Even though she has a card...
    A: On Yue's armor, there is a function which grant her resistance to mind attacks. And on the battleships, there are anti-magic shields which are expanded. Telepathy cannot go through.

Q&A Nazenani negima 26
    Q : Can shiori also copy the artifact ? Isn’t she completely overpowered then ?
    A : For things like clothes, equipments, and accessories, she can only copy the shape. She cannot copy the ability.

Q&A Nazenani negima 27
    Q : Did Rakan and Nagi really kissed ?
    A : There are various ways to do a pactio. For example, between Chachamaru and Eva, it’s a doll contract (You can do it even without a soul). That’s why concluding that Rakan did kiss Nagi is over hasty. However, there’s no proof either that they didn’t kiss (laughs).
    Last edited by Zefyris; March 17, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ninjapet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hata02 View Post
    I might be wrong but I think the current Japanese raw is still at #27, and neither 28 or 29 are available, there is also no raw version of the Bible1 and LE 29 Drama CD right now AFAICT, (Chinese btw is still stuck on #26, always one volume behind.)

The drama CD is out, I have it on my computer (there's a rapid share link out there) Some one on 4chan was spamming the link for it the past two weeks on the Negima threads.

The bible will never get scanned, it's 700 pages your better off importing a copy or waiting for Del Ray to pick it up

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Draco1988's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapet View Post
    The drama CD is out, I have it on my computer (there's a rapid share link out there) Some one on 4chan was spamming the link for it the past two weeks on the Negima threads.

The bible will never get scanned, it's 700 pages your better off importing a copy or waiting for Del Ray to pick it up
    Couldn't find the said thread on 4chan. I (and many others) would greatly appreciate it if you can post the link/upload the files, please?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Q&A Vol 29
    Front Cover :
    Q : Will negima finish soon ?
    A : It’s still going to continue for a bit (laughs)

Main part :

Q : Aisaka Sayo
    Is the uniform that is worn by Sayo the former uniform of mahora ?
    A : Indeed. This is the uniform from exactly the time when the actual headmaster of mahora was going to school as a student. Looks like sayo doesn’t have any memories from this time.

Q : Akashi Yuuna
    Does the fact that Prof. Akashi is a magic teacher means that yuuna has magic power too ?
    A : This possibility is extremely high. But it could also be that, since her mother was a pure fighter type, that she inherited her potential.

Q : Asakura Kazumi
    What about the rumors that spread lately doubting the reality of kazumi having a boyfriend ?
    A : looks like she doesn’t have a boyfriend. The pactio was most probably her first kiss. She’s probably of the « my job is my loved one » type.

Q : Ayase Yue
    In the chapter 251 (book 28) when negi does an exarmatio which send flying the cloth of the girls unit, I’m getting the impression that yue’s breasts are becoming incredibly huge, why is that ?
    A : compared with Emily in the case just above she clearly looks flat chested though (laughs). Simply, there’s quite a good possibility that since she’s arrived in the magical world, she had grow both in mind and body.

Q : Izumi Ako
    Why did Ako decided to become the manager of the soccer club ? The fact that she loves soccer wasn’t mentioned in the story…
    A : It looks like she was interested in a sempai who was part of the soccer club… After this, she was splendidly rejected. She like helping others but, since she dislike blood,she may had been unsuitable as a sport club manager…

Q : Akira Ookouchi
    Did the « strong girl » Akira’s name come from the King Attila ?
    A : There is absolutely no relation (laughs). But this name has kind of a nostalgic ring to it… My common first stage examination (The actual National Center Test for University Admissions) was world history.

Q : Kakizaki Misa
    Misa is the only one( ?) in the class having a boyfriend but, is there a special reason to it ?
    A : Misa is a character who was developed with the concept of «the nowadays middle school girl », so both her look and her private life were established accordingly.

Q : Kagurazaka Asuna
    Does the stupidity of asuna come from a loss of brain cells due to being affected by a memory loss spell ?
    A : It’s not especially a loss of brain cells (^^ ") but, it’s more or less something like this.

Q : Misora
    Did Misora and kokone kiss to form a pactio ?
    A : It’s unknown but… My hope is that it’s more like…. She received a Rosario, or something like this…(laughs)

Q : Karakuri Chachamaru
    Is there also an artifact in case of a doll contract ?
    A : Just like the contract with a vampire, it looks like no artifact appear. There isn’t either a report of a pactio card appearing.

Q : Kugimiya Madoka
    There was a romance possibility between Kotarou and Kugimiya that appeared during the mahora festival but, will there be any development ?
    A : I can’t say that there won’t be one. I actually think that those two's personality are a really good match to each other.

Q Kuu Fei
    Kuu fei gave to chao the dual swords that she received from her master but, does this mean that her master was proficient both in kung fu and swordsmanship ?
    A : Exactly. Kuu Fei herself is highly proficient with weapons, which is shown in her Pactio Artifact.

Q : Konoe Konoka
    It has been bothering me for a while but, what is the relation between konoka and Motoko from Love Hina ?
    A : Generations after generations, the shinmeiryuu have been hired as guards for the Konoe Familly. In the main story, the only depiction is that Konoka was visited by Motoko and Tsuruko during her childhood time.

Q : Saotome Haruna
    What kind of manga is drawing Paru ?
    A : It goes from boys love stories for the komiket to contribution in manga ; it looks like she can draw everything. Her ability to draw being high, she can draw a lot of things that imitate mangas or animes.

Q : Sakurazaki Setsuna
    Setsuna is owning two artifacts, but is it possible to use sevral artifact at the same time?
    A: It is possible. And on top of this in this case, she can receive both from negi and konoka the help of their magic power and defensive power.(Though magic power isn't necessary for shinmeiryuu...)

Q : Sasaki Makie
    How much Makie's gymnastic ribon can be extended?
    A : In the rules of rhythmic sports gymnastics, it is 6 meters. But during this story, we can see it being extended to around 10 meters (laughs).

Q : Sakurako Shiina
    In the 2nd volume, we can see in primary school with Asuna and Ayaka a girl who looks like sakurako. Was she sakurako?
    A:Indeed. She was enrolled in mahora campus since when she was in primary school.( it could even be since kindergarten?)

Q : Tatsumiya Mana
    Can Mana use her magan (demon eye) with both eyes?
    A: it's only with her left eye. It's useful to see through the real identity of daemons, and for snipping from extremely long distances. She doesn't activate it on ordinary occasions.

Q: Chao Rinshen
    What is Chao 's IQ?
    A: It was decided long ago to be 300(laughs). But it really looks like she has around this.

Q: Nagase Kaede
    Is it possible to remain living and hiding forever inside kaede's artifact?
    A: It is possible, but there's a condition. That is, to have not only a provisional pactio, but an official one. Provisional pactio have a time limit, just like a provisional enrollment in a school club.
    Because of this, artifacts aren't permanent either.

Q: Naba Chiduru
    Does the dark mole that is just below the eye of chiduru come from heredity?
    A: Are that kind of thing genetically transmitted? (^^; )。 During this character developement, it was added as a symbol of sensuality and motherhood.

Q: Narutaki Fuuka
    Does she have other sisters?
    A: She doesn't have another sister older or younger outside of her twin sister.

Q: Narutaki Fumika
    Why did she became a member of the beautification club?
    A: In the character creation, it was decided that compared to her sister, she was liking more to keep things clean. But this setting wasn't really put in use...

Q: Hakase Satomi
    What triggered the participation of Hakase in the construction of chachamaru?
    A: Even before entering middle school, hakase was a well known genius. Then, eva who lost her powers made a request to Hakase and Chao and had Chachamaru constructed. Then, she injected a temporary soul with a doll contract, and made her her partner.

Q : Hasegawa Chisame
    Can Chisame handle linux as well?
    Since it's an indispensable knowledge for stuff related to hacking lately, of course she can handle it.What's more, if she use her artifact, she can access the root instantly (TL note: sorry, not knowledgeable about linux... what's the root? In japanese it's written "take the root" rather than access, but it doesn't looks like it should be translated like this, right...).

Q: Evangeline
    Is there a pactio between Negi-sense and Eva chan?
    A: (EVA) Well, if I'm the master, then it may be possible... fu fu fu...

Q: Miyazaki Nodoka
    In depictions of nodoka, there's lot of difference when it comes to her breast size, sometimes it looks like they are small, other times it looks like they are huge... So in the end, what's the real situation now?
    A:It's only slowly but, little by little the growth is continuing. But, basically, she's still flat chested.

Q: Murakami Natsumi
    Tell us about the true situation of the Murakami family.
    A: It's really an extremely normal familly. Everything is ordinary in Natsumi's life, that's why she's wishing "I want to change".

Q: Yukihiro Ayaka
    How can ayaka and zazie, who doesn't speak, understand each other?
    A: It seems that understanding the intentions of her classmates is an obvious skill as a class rep.

Q : Yotsuba Satsuki
    When it comes to cooking, which recipe is satsuki's forte?
    A: lately, it looks like she's completely in Chinese food. But she can basically cook anything.

Q: Zazie Rainyday
    When will Zazie play an active role?
    A: It's planned that the explanation about Zazie's true identity will come in the last chapter.
    (Tl note: the kanji for chapter here is 章. Which is quite a common kanji when you're talking about a chapter, but isn't used in negima to count chapter (時間目 is used, which is far more unusual). But it isn't either used to talk about arcs (編 is used). So for me, what akamatsu wanted to say here by using 章 is a mystery. I don't remember seeing it used in negima before...).

Q&A29 END.
    Last edited by Zefyris; June 05, 2010 at 08:52 AM.

12. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you bought the volume Zefyris? Or did you found it somewhere?
    First Episode Preview and OADs Preview: http://www.youtube.com/MaedhrosLossehelin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ninjapet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have volumes 28+29

I scanned in one of the Q&A pages when I put up open requests in the general board. You can find the scan there if you want to take a look at it

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    Did you bought the volume Zefyris? Or did you found it somewhere?
    Yes, like I said before, I was in Fukuoka until the beginning of June, so I didn't have time to translate this before, but of course during my stay there I bought both the vol 29 and 30. I also bought the Ultimate Guide book BTW...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, like I said before, I was in Fukuoka until the beginning of June, so I didn't have time to translate this before, but of course during my stay there I bought both the vol 29 and 30. I also bought the Ultimate Guide book BTW...
    Thank you for continuing with the translations. I hope you do the Bible (aka Ultimate Guide Book?) as well. CanonRap (of vetus) has the Negima Bible as well, maybe you two should work on it together.*wink*

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WorldView7 View Post
    Thank you for continuing with the translations. I hope you do the Bible (aka Ultimate Guide Book?) as well. CanonRap (of vetus) has the Negima Bible as well, maybe you two should work on it together.*wink*
    Yes the bible and the ultimate guide book are the same thing.
    And since it's 700 pages mostly of text, I don't think I'll translate it, especially not in english lol.
    However, I do plan to translate some parts, and maybe to take requests for specific parts when someone want to have something translated in it. But not the whole books .

Here goes the Q&A 30

* Nagi's Party Related
    Q : Nagi has done a provisional pactio with Albireo and Rakan but, has he done one with Zecht and Gateau?
    A: He hasn't done one with Gateau. And since Zecht is his master, there is no contract yet either.

Q: Is there someone who taught Rakan about the Magia Erebea that he used? Or did he put it in practice by himself?
    A:Since Rakan is a genius, be it magia erebea or shinmeiryuu, he can put it in practice just by seeing it.

Q : Zecht looks like a child but, in reality, how old is he?
    A: Like Eva, It looks like he is a few centuries old.

Q: If Takamichi and Kurt were to fight now, who would be stronger?
    A: Since Kurt is busy as a member of the government, he may have fallen behind Takamichi when it comes to battle power...

Q: I think that Eishun san looks too old compared with Rakan...
    A: Eishun's face already looked older than his real age in the past. And Rakan's species has a long life span, so he doesn't age much.

Q: About Albireo Imma's hair, its aspect looks different now that it was in the past. Is there some purpose behind this?
    A: Good job noticing this! Of course, there is a purpose behind it.

* Fate's party related

Q: Is Tsukuyomi human? Or is she half something?
    A: Tsukuyomi is human. It's just that when you are controlled by the dark part of shinmeiryuu, your eyes become demon-like.

Q: Homura has the power to create fire with her left eye but, is it a power that she had since birth?
    A: For the time being, this is the artifact power but, this is also a knowledge that she had since birth. Please think of it as a strengthened image.

Q: Why does Tamaki not wear any panties?
    A: Because she has an huge tail, she can't wear any panties. Her species never wear panties.

Q: There was some kind of final battle between nagi's party and fate's party but what happened to the toughs-looking fire user and water user?
    A: They were killed by Rakan and Zecht. On Fate side, the only one who survived is the black wizard.

Q: Was Koyomi's artifact also granted by Fate?
    A: Indeed. her name is also a codename that fate gave to her. This name come from her abilities, her real name being something else.

* Mahou sensei related

Q : In the 106th chapter, Takamichi hold something in this mouth with a "mogo" sound, so is it some tool used for escaping?
    A: Yes. Due to arrangements from the standpoint of story development, I wasn't able to draw the moment when they escaped. This is a regretful conception failure.

Q: As a mage, how strong is teacher Akashi?
    A: His field being investigation and analysis, he isn't that strong compared with battle-oriented teachers.

Q: What is "beard-glasses sensei" Kataragi san 's magic activation tool? He doesn't hold anything in his hand, and doesn't have a ring either... Could it be, the sun glasses are the magic activation tool?
    A: This is quite possible (laughs). There wasn't a single time- and won't be any in the future either- a scene with him casting magic without wearing his sun glasses.

Q: Is Donnet the partner of the headmaster of Meldianna Magic School?
    A: Yes. She was already depicted in the 15th chapter. Actually, because of that, she's still single in her forties.

Q: Is there any relations between Negi's magia erebea Patterns and Chao's spell patterns which are on her body?
    A : Indeed, there is a relation. And in both case, using it too much means walking toward the path of destruction.

Q: Who's the strongest between Konoe Konoemon and the headmaster of the Meldianna magic school?
    A: I think that they're around the same level. (TL: which means, since the ULTIMATE GUIDE BOOK clearly state that Konoe Konoemon is stronger than Takamichi, that Meldianna Magic School headmaster is also stronger than Takamichi!)

* People of Mahora campus and the real world.

Q: Is Nita sensei the same character than Nita sensei from "Ai ga tomaranai"? And there's a rumor around that a former teacher of Akamatsu sensei is the motif? (TL : I think that's there's 2 way of translating this actually. Either former teacher, or revered teacher )
    A: They are the same character. The model is my homeroom teacher from high school, and he also appears in a work I made in my debut that won a magazine's "newcommer price" .

Q: In which club does Goutokuji Kaoru belong to ?
    A: The cheerleader club. (TL : not the same than the 3 girls from 3-A, which is named "mahora cheer-leading", cheer-leading being in English).

Q: How does Chachazero move?
    A: She moves thanks to eva's magic. Because of this, in the mahora campus where eva has her magic restricted, she is unable to move fully.

Q: What happened to the high school students Eiko and Naoya after the festival?
    A: Eiko still hasn't noticed the feelings of Naoya. She probably won't notice them for a while.

Q:Are Yuki chan and Haruki kun doing fine?
    A: Since Yuki has a positive personality, they 're probably doing fine.

Q: Natsume Megumi is controlling the school with Akashi sensei but, could it be that she's super smart up to the level of Hakase?
    A: The level of Hakase isn't in her reach but, as an operator, she is excellent. On top of this,she excel at offensive magic, so she's quite a useful fellow.

Q: Is it okay for Kotarou to not hide his dog ears and tail?
    A: As long as he's in this campus, they'll just think that he's disguised so that's probably fine. This is a place where even robots go unnoticed after all...

Q: What the heck is Yamashita Keiichi's 3D jujitsu?
    A: It seems that it's a jujitsu where he can perform techniques from any angle. On top of this, he can repeat many times over the same technique.

Q: Is the reason why Takane always end naked the fact that she has almost no defensive power?
    A: Among magic students, Takane's defensive power is top class. It's just that every time, she choose the wrong opponent to pick a fight with...

Q: Sakura Mei has an artifact but, who's her master?
    A: The master is Takane. BTW, Takane's also the master of Natsume Megumi. She 's quite the popular onee sama.

Q: What was doing Ninomiya sensei when she was still a student?
    A: Of course, she was doing rhythmic sports gymnastics. Her proportions are quite fine as well.

Q: Are Nekane and Negi real siblings? If that's so, could it be that Nekane has an enormous magical power as well?
    A: They aren't real sibling. And Nekane's magical power isn't significant.

* People from the magical world

Q: How does Ricardo set his hair?
    A: Even if he doesn't set it, his hair naturally take this shape (laughs).

Q: Is Beatrix Emily's servant?
    A: They didn't do a provisional pactio so, she isn't her official partner. It feels more like she's serving her because Emily is from an high class family, .

Q: How high is the battle ability of Craig?
    A: As the main fighter of his party, he's quite strong. It seems like his battle ability is around 300.

Q: Was the girl that Nagi saved in the 268th chapter Paio 2 ?
    A: Yes she is. After this, why did she grow up to be such a pervert is a complete mystery.

Q: It seems that Morbogran from Canis Niger is a demon but, Is it generally possible to come and go between the magical world and the demon world? Or was he summoned?
    A: It's really rare but coming and going between the two can happen. Several other demons have already been confirmed to do the same thing.

Q: When chiko☆tan use his shapeshifting ability, What kind of shape does he take?
    A: Something like he's becoming a huge monkey, or he starts to talk in polite speech, there's a lot of thesis, but I think that it's probably not a big deal at all.(laughs)

Q: Does Theo sama like Rakan?
    A: She likes him indeed. She wants to make a marriage proposal but since Rakan treats her like a child, it'll remain impossible for a while.

That's all for the Q&A30!
    Last edited by Zefyris; June 12, 2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: forgot to translate the 3d jujitsu entry!

18. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the bible and the ultimate guide book are the same thing.
    And since it's 700 pages mostly of text, I don't think I'll translate it, especially not in english lol.
    However, I do plan to translate some parts, and maybe to take requests for specific parts when someone want to have something translated in it. But not the whole books .
    That's understandable. If this is not too much, can I request pages 267-300 from the character side book? Or to narrow it down to certain entries: Sagitta Magica, ESP, magic barrier, the various ki and mana entries, pactio contract, activation key, everything on Shinmeiryuu, and if you feel like it, whatever you like or think is interesting to know.

Don't the guide have Q&A as well? Maybe those first...
    Last edited by WorldView7; June 03, 2010 at 04:17 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner getsuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

well... I have the bible, but I'm not quite sure to be able to scan it... anyway, if someone have the time to translate it, I wouldn't mind to transcript it (or if someone would like to teach me how to scan it properly without any damage to the book...)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast