Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marines and Shichibukai breaking after the war?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Marines and Shichibukai breaking after the war?

I fell it is possible for the Marines breaking with the Shichibukai after the war.

- Crocodile, Jinbei and Blackbeard openly betrayed the government. Kuma and Hancock did it too, while the public doesn't know it (and Kuma is now under WG control). Meaning that 5 out of 8 Shichibukai (over 60%) betrayed the WG. Doflamingo and Moria are very untrustable. Mihawk, which is very ironic, is the one who really worked on WG side, and Mihawk is the one that least attend to the WG summoning.
    - The Shichibukai in WG side did not put effort in the Marineford war. They just keep sit. The best example of this is Moria speech to Curiel: "10th division commander Curiel! I'll crush you if you come at me, but if you enter the bay it's all for you! (...) I don't really care who wins, but it'd be hilarious if Whitebeard dies";
    - If Whitebeard is dead, the Yonkou is weakened, meaning that the balance of three powers is on WG side;
    - There are the Pacifista, who are basically an army of based on one Shichibukai under WG side;

In terms of plot, once the Strawhat enter the New World, the Shichibukai would more or less be left aside, since they seem to prefer be on WG side of Grand Line. If the WG break with them, they would all be free and come back* to the New World.

*Mihawk, Crocodile and Moria, all confronted the Yonkou in the past. Blackbeard and Jinbei were under Whitebeard in New World, and Kuma knew the revolutionary. There is no evidence of Doflamingo be on the New World, but he at least already reside NEXT to it. Hancock is an exception because she never actually goes out of her island, ironically an island very close to the red line.
    Last edited by Fox666; March 13, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marines and Shichibukai breaking after the war?

nice points. I enjoyed reading. I dont necessarily think theyll break up but i think some members will be cut and not replaced.

People who will probably be cut (imo)
    Jimbei
    BlackBeard
    Hancock

But itd be really cool if they returned to the NW at around the same time as Luffy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

jimbei will be cut for sure. Hancock 50%chance, Blackbeard zehhahaha he dont even wanna be shichibukai.
    But anyway it will be interesting to see who will become the next shichibukai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't they just, I don't know, find some new pirates to fill in the gaps? I hear there's some nice rookies floating around with bounties over 100 mil...

No way the Shichibukai will be left aside in the new world. Luffy's only defeated two, and the other five we know only a little about. Oda even made a bit of a point giving most of them some screentime in this war though none of them did anything interesting. I mean, if you erased all the Shichibukai from this war, nothing would have changed. Yet despite that they got a lot of screentime.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PaPiPuPePo~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Wouldn't they just, I don't know, find some new pirates to fill in the gaps? I hear there's some nice rookies floating around with bounties over 100 mil...

No way the Shichibukai will be left aside in the new world. Luffy's only defeated two, and the other five we know only a little about. Oda even made a bit of a point giving most of them some screentime in this war though none of them did anything interesting. I mean, if you erased all the Shichibukai from this war, nothing would have changed. Yet despite that they got a lot of screentime.
    maybe some of them were useless
    but whats about hancock
    she help luffy a "lot" like smoker or the key to ace handcuffs
    or Mihawk i tryed to kill luffy O.o
    Doflamingo he only talk and laugh and he kill oras xD i think he was useless XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

DoFlamingo is certain in my book to abandon the deal with the marines. He has his own plans about the new age and stuff. And Moria is pointless character to me. He doesn't have the power anymore to have an impact on the world or story. And as for Hanckock--she is 50/50 at the moment. Some have now suspicions about her(Smoker and Sentoumaru), but she could still hold on to her title in any case if Oda wants it that way.

What I surely think is that DoFlamingo parts ways soon enough. Maybe then Moria(a useless character to me), Robo-Kuma and Mihawk will stay as Schishibukais for now, altough we could see some development in the case of Kuma as Fox666 hinted.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they will disband the Shichibukai, they're one of the 3 Great Powers. Teach will be replaced, so will Jinbei. Hancock will keep her position, Sengoku knows how strong she is, and would keep the title if only to protect Amazon Lily. There are supernovas, and other notorious pirates out there for the government to try and recruit.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember that Hancock will charm everyone and will be forgiven?

Jinbei and Blackbeard is another thing, but I think they will be replaced with some minor characters or not at all. Anyway, I think that we will still see something of Shichibukai, considering that some of them travel across ALL the Grand Line. Case of Mihawk, who has been seen with Shanks in which it may be the new world.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much to add here... Mihawk is probably fed up with so many obligations as a Shichibukai he will just go and do whatever he wants - travel the seas in the New World and wait for Zoro's rematch.
    DoFlamingo is crazy and just wants chaos and he will probably seek that in the New World as well, just to see what Luffy/Blackbeard are up to there.
    Hancock/Jimbei/Blackbeard are all out for betraying and that leaves us with Gecko Moria/Kuma... Even if these two were to stay, the World Government would have to find 5 more extremely strong pirates which is hard. Not to mention they would willingly have to work for the World Government.
    So basically, there won't be Shichibukai anymore after this arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I always use to think this. Now i honestly dont know what to think anymore, but there is a chance of this happening. I really like the idea of them either going their own ways, or the government redoing the entire shickibukai list.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not entire list becuz i m 100% sure they dont want Doflamingo and Hawkeye to be their enemies.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

While those are good points, I don't think the WG will break with the shichibukai.

1.- Kuma is completely loyal to the WG and his saving of luffy was seen as an accident by the WG.

2.- WG seems unaware of what boa did during the war. She did fight pirates and marines alike though. I would think such a behavior would be kinda expected though.

3.- While BB did betray the WG, he also did finish WB. Kinda balances out except that he released a bunch of dangerous prisoners lol.

4.- Mihawk and flamingo pretty much did what the WG expected them too. At least they did not make things worst.

5.- Crocodile is definitely a point against. He is no longer a shichibukai so who knows.

6.- Moria did spectacularly. He fought several commanders, trashed oz Jr, fought jimbei... A role model for all shichibukai in a way, definitely someone worth keeping.

Even if the shichibukai are rather volatile, they ultimately did their jobs. the marines knew they shouldn't trust them too much, they were very wel aware the shichibukai would betray them for a better deal.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    While those are good points, I don't think the WG will break with the shichibukai.

1.- Kuma is completely loyal to the WG and his saving of luffy was seen as an accident by the WG.

2.- WG seems unaware of what boa did during the war. She did fight pirates and marines alike though. I would think such a behavior would be kinda expected though.

3.- While BB did betray the WG, he also did finish WB. Kinda balances out except that he released a bunch of dangerous prisoners lol.

4.- Mihawk and flamingo pretty much did what the WG expected them too. At least they did not make things worst.

5.- Crocodile is definitely a point against. He is no longer a shichibukai so who knows.

6.- Moria did spectacularly. He fought several commanders, trashed oz Jr, fought jimbei... A role model for all shichibukai in a way, definitely someone worth keeping.

Even if the shichibukai are rather volatile, they ultimately did their jobs. the marines knew they shouldn't trust them too much, they were very wel aware the shichibukai would betray them for a better deal.

Not much to add to such a solid post...

BB will clearly break from his Shichibukai status and responsibilities for his own aims....

And the jury is still out on Boa.. but likely sh will keep her status..

If anything the WG needs the Shichibukai now more than ever before. Seriously things are out of control..
    This war could easily serve as a tipping point towards chaos..

No matter what the WG needs all the help it can get. and guys like Moria and Kuma are assets to be exploited..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the Marines need the power of the Shichibukai. They may not be entirely loyal to them, but they're still powerful people. The power balance is already broken with the death of Whitebeard, why would the Marines break it even more by disbanding the Shichibukai? Do you think they'll prefer to chase the Shichibukai and try to catch them, instead of keeping them on their side?

They'll probably just replace Jinbei and Blackbeard with some famous rookies, or some other famous pirates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiro-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbei and Blackbeard already renounced there titles in front of Sengoku there is no point in bringing them up as Shichibukai (like the Croc..)

Boa can keep her position if Smoker and Sentomaru shut there mouths to their superiors yeah ...she can probably get away with it ..., But Im not sure the Gorusei or The Admirals would accept the destruction of Pacifistca's like that

I see the other four not leaving at all , there already doing what they please under the world government why would they need to leave(see reasoning below)? since the balance is broken i can see the marines barging in the New World as well with the Shichibukai in tail.

Mihawks does whatever he wants anyways even before the WB war , Moria was plotting something big but the WG ignored it anyhow, Kuma is a mindless puppet so no, Doflamigo may leave in the future if his plans develop but anyhow i dont see him leaving anytime soon either..

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast