Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

Pilot Oneshot
    001-068 (069-080)
    081 (082-085)
    086-103 (104-106)
    107 (108-109)
    110-119 (120-123)
    124-125 (126-146)
    147-148 (149-157)
    158-164 (165)
    166-167 (168-171)
    172-182 (183-186)
    187-262 (263-265)

Red chapters aren't scanlated yet unless I missed something out recently. You won't find them anywhere. 262 is the chapter of week 22, the one that will be published in the current Jump issue (week 25) is chapter 265.

But jumping over the missing chapters in no problem. The arcs are episodic and according to fans who read it in Japanese, there's nothing critical one would miss out.

You should find all scanlated chapters up till current here:
    http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/319

@Bomber D Rufi
    Have you read the whole series including the not scanlated chapter? Could you eventually say what the gaps are - (longer) single arcs or several small episodes that were uninteresting to scanlate? There are small and big gaps, makes me wonder why scanlators skipped those chapters in particular *scratches head*
    Last edited by eni; June 19, 2009 at 02:11 AM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

@eni
    168, 170 and 171 can be found at mangafox.com unless they got the numbering wrong. Also could you please tell me where you found the pilot oneshot?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I can't find ch168-171 and Mangafox is down for me at the moment.

The oneshot is the last story in volume 2 (Kuro Shiro: Black & White) scanlated by Yanime.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The nice thing is that Rumbel Subs has already subbed everything in the anime up to the part where the manga started being done consistantly (187+).

It's also worth noting that a bunch of the missing chapters are translated but were just never scanlated. I think so, anyway... Course most were done by no-name groups, Just some guy who did one chapter and posted it using livejournal attachments, so they're not on MH. You can find them on mangatranders, I think. But really, someone should try to fill in all the gaps. I dunno what Maximum 7's doing with Gintama right now, they haven't said anything except "still working on it" since like a year ago when they finished volume 8.

Only thing is, I really don't think Bomber should be doing this thing with Binktopia being the only one allowed to use his TLs. They're pretty well known for doing a good job, but then being inconsistant. Like how they haven't released anything for Gintama in 3 weeks and all...
    Last edited by kewl0210; June 19, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post

Only thing is, I really don't think Bomber should be doing this thing with Binktopia being the only one allowed to use his TLs. They're pretty well known for doing a good job, but then being inconsistant. Like how they haven't released anything for Gintama in 3 weeks and all...
    I know they're inconsistant. >_> This is EXACTLY what I told them when I went ahead and gave them the okay to use my translations. I'm gonna give it a week or two, and if they still haven't said anything I may act on my own behalf then.

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post

@Bomber D Rufi
    Have you read the whole series including the not scanlated chapter? Could you eventually say what the gaps are - (longer) single arcs or several small episodes that were uninteresting to scanlate? There are small and big gaps, makes me wonder why scanlators skipped those chapters in particular *scratches head*
    The answer to this is simple. The long arcs are usually closer to normal Shounen, and therefore get attention quicker than the slice of life type stories. Longer arcs usually get done, while little chapters get skipped. (Oddly in Japan, they don't seem to like the longer arcs, and prefer the short gag stories, but to each his or her own.) I don't blame them (scantlators) though, since Gintama was rumored to have won an unofficial award for being the wordiest Jump manga. Throw in Sorachi's penchant for using pop culture references, and anyone who isn't stupid or crazy (I'm both personally.) Would stay far far away from Gintama translations.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So, they pretty much skipped on stuff I would like >.>

<--- is no friend of long arcs either.

Hmm, I saw now that Mangafox has ch168-171 but I haven't read a bunch of the chapters in the middle, so I can't confirm whether that's the supposed chapters or whether they're wrong numbered. Anyone?

And yes, Gintama is text heavy but I don't expect anyone to speed-work on the missing chapters or to release super high quality cleans. But I think with a one month focus on this series, a scanlator could easily fill some of the short arcs in.Yet the gasps are there since years and sadly a reason for many to not start the series at all. I'm also a little afraid that, looking at the English official release, they'll never closed ._.

Most gaps are 1-4 chapters long, only three are longer:
    3x 3 chapter
    3x 4 chapter
    1x 1, 2, 8, 12 and 20 chapter

If at least the short ones could be closed within this year, that would already be awesome. They're the ones who gives this cruel 'patchwork' impression to potential readers.
    Last edited by eni; June 20, 2009 at 08:22 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, they pretty much skipped on stuff I would like >.>

<--- is no friend of long arcs either.

Hmm, I saw now that Mangafox has ch168-171 but I haven't read a bunch of the chapters in the middle, so I can't confirm whether that's the supposed chapters or whether they're wrong numbered. Anyone?

And yes, Gintama is text heavy but I don't expect anyone to speed-work on the missing chapters or to release super high quality cleans. But I think with a one month focus on this series, a scanlator could easily fill some of the short arcs in.Yet the gasps are there since years and sadly a reason for many to not start the series at all. I'm also a little afraid that, looking at the English official release, they'll never closed ._.

Most gaps are 1-4 chapters long, only three are longer:
    3x 3 chapter
    3x 4 chapter
    1x 1, 2, 8, 12 and 20 chapter

If at least the short ones could be closed within this year, that would already be awesome. They're the ones who gives this cruel 'patchwork' impression to potential readers.
    Eh I like Gintama as a whole. Whether its the long actiony arcs or the shorter gag ones, I think they work really well in tandem with each other. If Gintama were all gags, it would lose its magic rather quickly. At the same time, if it were all action, it would be no better than Bleach or Naruto. Gintama's an awesome manga because it balances both really well.

I have no interest in filling the gap mainly because I want to support the English version. (So I do buy the Viz tanks, even though I translate the later ones.) Gintama's a series that's well worth buying. (The other reason is that I have no time to go back and do the older lessons...) I wouldn't be against anyone trying to fill the gap, but I won't be the one who translates those. So to anyone attempting to do it, good luck. I agree that this 'incomplete' image of Gintama gives off a bad impression, (Especially since it seems Onemanga which is really popular, won't upload any more Gintama unless it's in order.) So It would be nice for someone to attempt it.....
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, yeah right... no one would be so insane to try and translate chapters of Gintama not even Bomber D. Ruffy could do...

It's gonna be me, isn't it........

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    Ha, yeah right... no one would be so insane to try and translate chapters of Gintama not even Bomber D. Ruffy could do...

It's gonna be me, isn't it........

This is SPAME² ... but I just can't remove it because it serves an important purpose >.<
    kewl0210, we would be so grateful! ~eni
    Last edited by eni; June 22, 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Eh I like Gintama as a whole.
    Me too. I just said that I'm generally someone who likes shorter arcs. But that really goes for every manga I read

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    I have no interest in filling the gap mainly because I want to support the English version. (So I do buy the Viz tanks, even though I translate the later ones.) Gintama's a series that's well worth buying. (The other reason is that I have no time to go back and do the older lessons...)
    My general problem is that I prefer buying the Japanese tanks of my favorite manga. But I have to use the scanlations to understand them. Translations alone are confusing to read parallel to the book ^^

But ok, that's certainly what a minority of scanlation readers is doing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too. I just said that I'm generally someone who likes shorter arcs. But that really goes for every manga I read

My general problem is that I prefer buying the Japanese tanks of my favorite manga. But I have to use the scanlations to understand them. Translations alone are confusing to read parallel to the book ^^

But ok, that's certainly what a minority of scanlation readers is doing.
    I just recently started buying raws so I can understand what you mean there. To be completely honest, I guess I'd fill the gap if I could get motivated, but my motivation takes a huge hit when there are official translations out there. (Plus as I said again I really want Gintama to do well here.....more like It'd be great to be able to own Region one DVDs of the series, and the only way that'll happen is if the manga sells well enough for a license.) I know it's hypocritical to say this and then translate the later chapters, but I've been doing it for so long that I can't just stop now *burning passion.*

I've seen lots of people filling in the gap slowly with translations....it's just that no one is using these trans for scans. I implore some of the scantlators that I worked with before Bink took over to talk to these translators and use their work. For the most part the gaps are between Volume 6 to 11 and I *THINK* Volume 17 or so to where I started doing it weekly at 187. (Although I did do 174-182 last summer.)

...Besides I'm not even that good of a translator for people to rely on me for anything :-P
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.
    Read my writing here!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I promise I won't do it ever again, thanks Eni =D

Moments like this I'll consider becoming a scanlator.... (feels gazes all around)

But I just suck with Photoshop and am lazy too...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Polemidis's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Gintama but I made a pause around 100+ with that eye-patch samurai, coz of the missing chapters... well I guess I will start reading again soon...
    We shed tears now so that we wont shed blood later..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member garaa89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is the series ending soon because i read somewhere that it would. i hope not.
    "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees."

Emiliano Zapata

Mexican reformer & revolutionary (1877 - 1919)

Funny death note video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_FYK...eature=related

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Austeria's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I hope not.

BTW the coming arc seems promising and epic. I'd like to know more about the massacre Sougo was involved in.

New Reply
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast